Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Digital Age? Not so nice to me today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Digital Age? Not so nice to me today....

I should have known better.

Seriously.

I got my tax return this week , so my wallet's not feeling nearly as thin as it normally does... I decided it was time for some new clothes. I don't have a whole lot of nice clothes, because I don't need them for work. I get dirty there, so I tend to wear jeans and t-shirts. But it's about time I get some nice looking clothes, I'm thinking. Plus, it's time to buy an Easter dress... This is the one time a year I'll splurge and usually buy a nice dress for myself. So I decide to go shopping.

Before I go, though, I decide to just step on the scale. I've been losing some weight lately, so it usually makes me feel better about myself to just step on the scale and see. Not today. Today, you know what it tells me?

ERROR

Smartaleck digital scale. An old scale, where the needle just moved around until it hit your weight would never say something so cheeky to me. Sure, the needle might fly around the thing so fast you thought it was gonna take off and then flatten out at the absolute topmost weight, but it would never say something so insulting as ERROR... Meaning what? It can't even figure out how much I weigh? It's too massive an amount to even contemplate?

Dang.

So, anyways, I really should have known better.

Am I surprised that NOTHING I tried on today fit? Nope.

The trying-on process got more and more depressing as the time went on... I gave up.

Hey, the scale TRIED to tell me, but I didn't listen.

Next time, I'll listen, and when the scale tells me I'm too heavy to even think about, I'll stay inside and eat a carton of ice cream or something instead
    sigpic

are you sure it said ERROR and it wasnt upside down and read 40443.

jk

that sucks. all cashed up and nowhere to spend.
    Last edited by saltybuggah; 03-11-2007, 12:52 PM.
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by lynchembaby
      are you sure it said ERROR and not 40443.

jk

that sucks. all cashed up and nowhere to spend.
      Either way, not so pleasant ...
      sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon

STOP IT...I will not give you kisses if you are mean like that suggle bear!!!

Red...you are amazing...don't be down about it...you just have to make a choice...

Do I wish to look this monster in the eye or eat the ice cream...you are beautiful and no scale should make you feel any different!!!

Comment

Comment

SNUGGLE BEAR...please be nice...I know how hard that is given the laws of BBH, but please...I promise the rewards will be well worth it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
                SNUGGLE BEAR...please be nice...I know how hard that is given the laws of BBH, but please...I promise the rewards will be well worth it!!!
                BBH?

Edit: I'm going to stop laughing now... before I dislocate a rib.

Edit:

Ow.
                Last edited by LordTrychon; 03-11-2007, 01:35 PM.

Comment

BBH?

Edit: I'm going to stop laughing now... before I dislocate a rib.

Edit:

Ow.
                  Baby Brother Hood...awwwwwww...my snuggle bear hurt himself from laughing...serves you right...don't know if I will even give you a kiss to make it all better!??!

Comment

My GF carries a hammer in her purse in case a scale gets testy and talks back.
                    sigpic
                    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

well birdy. . . if anyone ever doubted that there was actually a woman on the other end of that computer screen, you have now officially cleared that up. . . .

to hell with the scales, get back out there and get yourself a little black dress. . . .

and if nothing else, i'm sure you're getting some amusement out of seeing the big, bad sith called "snuggle bear" in public. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                        well birdy. . . if anyone ever doubted that there was actually a woman on the other end of that computer screen, you have now officially cleared that up. . . .

to hell with the scales, get back out there and get yourself a little black dress. . . .

and if nothing else, i'm sure you're getting some amusement out of seeing the big, bad sith called "snuggle bear" in public. . . .

you are too sweet for your own good...just wait till I pick a pet name for you baby...

Comment

Shannie -- I'd rather have the ice cream, hands down, no question. If anyone has a problem w/ it, I figure they have the choice NOT to look at me, right?

Trych -- I'll deal with YOU later... I know where you sleep.

BBL -- That sounds like a great idea. Hammer it is for ME, too... It'll work if the menfolk get out of hand too, methinks.

Dogfish -- Glad to have cleared that up for you... Did you have any doubts? That worries me a lil... Little black dress, here I come, scale be damned.

And I think that EVERYONE should call the big bad sith Snuggle Bear. In fact, that may be my next thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdy80
                            Shannie -- I'd rather have the ice cream, hands down, no question. If anyone has a problem w/ it, I figure they have the choice NOT to look at me, right?
                            That's my girl!!! Ice cream is the best and you know how I feel...

Originally posted by redbirdy80
                            And I think that EVERYONE should call the big bad sith Snuggle Bear. In fact, that may be my next thread.
                            Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....he is "MY" snuggle bear...if everyone else calls him snuggle bear...well, that would make me sad!!!

I would have to come up with a different pet name for him...*sigh* just don't know if I have it in me today to think that hard!!! Please don't let others call him that birdy...I wub you...

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
                              That's my girl!!! Ice cream is the best and you know how I feel...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....he is "MY" snuggle bear...if everyone else calls him snuggle bear...well, that would make me sad!!!

I would have to come up with a different pet name for him...*sigh* just don't know if I have it in me today to think that hard!!! Please don't let others call him that birdy...I wub you...

Ok, so maybe not snuggle bear. I'd hate to be the cause of your overthinkingness...I'll have to come up with something else. I will, though, don't fret. I'll come up with SOMETHING...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X