How much do you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you know?

try to do this without looking the info up, see whose the smartest!
    i'll let you know the answers in a couple weeks..

Code:
    [B]Where is it?[/B]
    1. [B]Where is 'Timbuktu'[/B]
    2. [B]Where is 'Mesa Verde'[/B]
    3. [B]Where can the 'Bonsai' be found?[/B]
    4. [B]In which two countries can the same rock be found?[/B]
    5. [B]Where can 'Qawra' be found?[/B]
    6. [B]Where can 'Mount Meager' be found?[/B]
    7. [B]Where is 'Austroasiatic' spoke? Name 1 country [/B]
    8. [B]Where can the 'the Big Merino Sheep' be found?[/B]
    9. [B]Which plate is next to the 'Cocos Plate' ? Name one plate [/B]
    10. [B]Where is 'the Leaning tower of pisa'?[/B]

[B]The Sea[/B]
    1. [B]What lake is made up with salt?[/B]
    2. [B]True or false; is the 'Red sea' deep?[/B]
    3. [B]Which river, if it wasn't heavily polluted, could support the world with fresh, clean water for 40 years?[/B]
    4. [B]The Pacific Ocean getting bigger, but what other huge Ocean is getting smaller?[/B]
    5. [B]Where is 'Atlantis' supposed to be? What Island is it.[/B]
    6. [b]Where is 'Challengers Deep' suppose to be?[/b]
    7. [B]Where is the 'Bermuda Triangle'?[/B]

[B]All about it[/B]
    1. [B]Where is 'The Garden of Eden' supposed to be (or where was it)[/B]
    2. [B]Name the Island near Hawaii, where most films are made? Some films include, [I] Welcome to the Jungle [/I], [I] Lost [/I] and [I] Jurassic Part Trilogy [/I][/B]

3. [B] Name 2 Volcanoes in Italy [/B]
    4. [B] What other town was destroyed along with Pompeii?[/B]
    5. [B] Where can the worlds biggest tree be found?[/B]
    6. [B]Where can the Venus Fly trap commonly be found? Name me a country [/B]
    7. [b]Name me a place where Earthquakes are commonly found.[/b]
    8. [B] Name me all the countries the British Empire had during its reign [/B]
    9. [B] Where can 'New London' be found?[/B]
    10. [B]What is a 'Tomato'?[/B]
    11. [B] Where was 'Plato' Born? Rome or Greece? [/B]
    12. [B] Where can the worlds biggest Pyramid? [/B]

I know nothing.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

tomato is red!!!

:shake:

but sometimes green, and later it goes black/ brown...

sigpic

Comment

1. abudabi
        2. colorado. close to the border
        3. japan
        4. china/tibet?
        5. africa
        ireland
        australia
        new zeland
        tetonic
        italy

great salt lake
        false shallow
        nile
        atlantic
        under water bu greesem, crete
        a sub to go to the bottom of the adriannas trech
        off florida,nasssau, and one of the other islends

kona, big isalnd
        mt vasuvious, dam i know the otehr cnat remember at the moment
        california red wood
        brazil
        japan
        to many to count
        tomato is a fruit
        plato-neither- i guess greece?
        mexico-chichen itza i think,
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I know everything.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Where is it?

1. Where is 'Timbuktu' --- AFRICA !!!

2. Where is 'Mesa Verde' --- COLORADO !!!

3. Where can the 'Bonsai' be found? --- Japan ?

4. In which two countries can the same rock be found? --- SPAIN and GIBRALTER !!!

5. Where can 'Qawra' be found? --- MALTA !!!

6. Where can 'Mount Meager' be found? --- BC !!!

7. Where is 'Austroasiatic' spoke? Name 1 country --- VIET NAM !!!

8. Where can the 'the Big Merino Sheep' be found? --- Wales?

9. Which plate is next to the 'Cocos Plate' ? Name one plate --- South American ?

10. Where is 'the Leaning tower of pisa'? --- PISA, ITALY ?

The Sea

1. What lake is made up with salt? --- Great Salt Lake ?

2. True or false; is the 'Red sea' deep? --- TRUE !!!

3. Which river, if it wasn't heavily polluted, could support the world with fresh, clean water for 40 years? --- Mississippi ?

4. The Pacific Ocean getting bigger, but what other huge Ocean is getting smaller? --- Atlantic ?

5. Where is 'Atlantis' supposed to be? What Island is it. --- ???

6. Where is 'Challengers Deep' suppose to be? --- MARIANA TRENCH !!!

7. Where is the 'Bermuda Triangle'? --- ATLANTIC !!!

All about it

1. Where is 'The Garden of Eden' supposed to be (or where was it) --- Around the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

2. Name the Island near Hawaii, where most films are made? Some films include, Welcome to the Jungle , Lost and Jurassic Part Trilogy --- KAUAI( which is the furthermost island from the island of Hawai'i, along with the main islands of Maui, Kaho'olawe, Moloka'i, Lāna'i, O'ahu, and Ni'ihau form a chain of islands known as THE GREAT STATE OF HAWAI'I !!!) !!!

3. Name 2 Volcanoes in Italy --- VESUVIUS and ETNA !!!

4. What other town was destroyed along with Pompeii? --- HURCULANEUM !!!

5. Where can the worlds biggest tree be found? --- CALIFORNIA !!!

6. Where can the Venus Fly trap commonly be found? Name me a country --- USA !!!

7. Name me a place where Earthquakes are commonly found.--- INDONESIA !!!

8. Name me all the countries the British Empire had during its reign --- Too Many !

9. Where can 'New London' be found? --- CONNECTICUT !!!

10. What is a 'Tomato'? --- A FRUIT !!!

11. Where was 'Plato' Born? Rome or Greece? --- GREECE !!!

12. Where can the worlds biggest Pyramid? --- GUATEMALA !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Don't test AZ .

Comment

I can't even understand some of the questions.....

Comment

AZ Dam Your Tha Man

Comment

Um, the Rock of Gibraltar is not in Spain.

It is in Gibraltar only.

How do I know? I live in Spain and work here in Gibraltar! The Rock is only in Gibraltar(which is a Protectorate of Great Britain).
                    Last edited by Kapaibro; 03-15-2007, 01:30 AM.
                    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                      Um, the Rock of Gibraltar is not in Spain.

It is in Gibraltar only.

How do I know? I live in Spain and work here in Gibraltar! The Rock is only in Gibraltar(which is a Protectorate of Great Britain).

--- Kapaibro, I know that you know all this already, but this is why I thought this could be the answer:

According to the Treaty of Sevilla, after the Anglo-Spanish War, it was agreed between the Government of Spain and the United Kingdom that a distance less than 1200 meters from the North Face of the Rock would be considered a “neutral ground”.

This “neutral ground” is in an isthmus that connects the Rock to mainland Spain.

Today, Spain does not acknowledge British sovereignty over Gibraltar beyond the fortified perimeter of the town as it was in 1704.

The United Kingdom claims that their title to the southern part of the isthmus is based on continuous possession over a long period.

Today the southern side of the isthmus contains an airport, a marina, housing and many other amenities of Gibraltar.

The people of Gibraltar do not want to be part of Spain, and wish to remain self-governing while remaining sovereign to the UK.

So from the Spanish point of view, the Rock does connect to Spain.

From the UK’s and the people of Gibraltar stance, Spain does not join the Rock.

--- How do I know ?

--- I used to be stationed in Rota, lived in Jerez de la Fronterra, loved to drive down the coast to Algeciras, visit the Rock and the caves and apes, sometimes even hop on whatever was headed to Tangier, and spend the day wandering around over there ---

--- A couple years ago, y2 and I were discussing the Rock ---

--- http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...2&postcount=42

--- We wound up PMing each other stories about the cannon caves and the great military feats by the men in the Rock !!!

--- So what if I was wrong ? --- --- I like Gibraltar anyway !!!

--- And when I was there, Franco was still running things, so it has changed quite a bit !

--- Do the Guardia Civil still wear those hats ?

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

i only knew like. . . 5 or 6 and 2 are prolly wrong

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

[QUOTE=aberdien]try to do this without looking the info up, see whose the smartest!
                          i'll let you know the answers in a couple weeks..

Code:
                          [B]Where is it?[/B]
                          1. [B]Where is 'Timbuktu'[/B] Mali
                          2. [B]Where is 'Mesa Verde'[/B] Colorado
                          3. [B]Where can the 'Bonsai' be found?[/B] Don't Know
                          4. [B]In which two countries can the same rock be found?[/B] Don't Know
                          5. [B]Where can 'Qawra' be found?[/B] Don't Know
                          6. [B]Where can 'Mount Meager' be found?[/B] Don't Know
                          7. [B]Where is 'Austroasiatic' spoke? Name 1 country [/B] Umm .. Australia?
                          8. [B]Where can the 'the Big Merino Sheep' be found?[/B] Don't Know
                          9. [B]Which plate is next to the 'Cocos Plate' ? Name one plate [/B] Don'w Know
                          10. [B]Where is 'the Leaning tower of pisa'?[/B] Pisa, Italia

[B]The Sea[/B]
                          1. [B]What lake is made up with salt?[/B] There are several two of the most popular are: The Dead Sea as well as the Great Salt Lake in Utah
                          2. [B]True or false; is the 'Red sea' deep?[/B] False
                          3. [B]Which river, if it wasn't heavily polluted, could support the world with fresh, clean water for 40 years?[/B] Probably the Ganges
                          4. [B]The Pacific Ocean getting bigger, but what other huge Ocean is getting smaller?[/B] Don't Kow
                          5. [B]Where is 'Atlantis' supposed to be? What Island is it.[/B] There are several theories. One popular theory is Akrotiri.
                          6. [b]Where is 'Challengers Deep' suppose to be?[/b] Don't Know
                          7. [B]Where is the 'Bermuda Triangle'?[/B] The Caribbean

[B]All about it[/B]
                          1. [B]Where is 'The Garden of Eden' supposed to be (or where was it)[/B] Several theories. One theory is Qatar
                          2. [B]Name the Island near Hawaii, where most films are made? Some films include, [I] Welcome to the Jungle [/I], [I] Lost [/I] and [I] Jurassic Part Trilogy [/I][/B] Don't Know

3. [B] Name 2 Volcanoes in Italy [/B] Stromboli, Vesuvio, Etna (there's three!!)
                          4. [B] What other town was destroyed along with Pompeii?[/B] Ercolano (Italian) Herculaneum (Latin)
                          5. [B] Where can the worlds biggest tree be found?[/B] No Clue
                          6. [B]Where can the Venus Fly trap commonly be found? Name me a country [/B] No Clue
                          7. [b]Name me a place where Earthquakes are commonly found.[/b] Along fault lines?
                          8. [B] Name me all the countries the British Empire had during its reign [/B] Too many. 
                          9. [B] Where can 'New London' be found?[/B] Don't Know
                          10. [B]What is a 'Tomato'?[/B] Technically? Or an actual defination? Technically it is a fruit though.
                          11. [B] Where was 'Plato' Born? Rome or Greece? [/B] Greece
                          12. [B] Where can the worlds biggest Pyramid? [/B]Mexico if memory serves right.
                          Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-16-2007, 08:27 AM.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                            --- Kapaibro, I know that you know all this already, but this is why I thought this could be the answer:

According to the Treaty of Sevilla, after the Anglo-Spanish War, it was agreed between the Government of Spain and the United Kingdom that a distance less than 1200 meters from the North Face of the Rock would be considered a “neutral ground”.

This “neutral ground” is in an isthmus that connects the Rock to mainland Spain.

Today, Spain does not acknowledge British sovereignty over Gibraltar beyond the fortified perimeter of the town as it was in 1704.

The United Kingdom claims that their title to the southern part of the isthmus is based on continuous possession over a long period.

Today the southern side of the isthmus contains an airport, a marina, housing and many other amenities of Gibraltar.

The people of Gibraltar do not want to be part of Spain, and wish to remain self-governing while remaining sovereign to the UK.

So from the Spanish point of view, the Rock does connect to Spain.

From the UK’s and the people of Gibraltar stance, Spain does not join the Rock.

--- How do I know ?

--- I used to be stationed in Rota, lived in Jerez de la Fronterra, loved to drive down the coast to Algeciras, visit the Rock and the caves and apes, sometimes even hop on whatever was headed to Tangier, and spend the day wandering around over there ---

--- A couple years ago, y2 and I were discussing the Rock ---

--- http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...2&postcount=42

--- We wound up PMing each other stories about the cannon caves and the great military feats by the men in the Rock !!!

--- So what if I was wrong ? --- --- I like Gibraltar anyway !!!

--- And when I was there, Franco was still running things, so it has changed quite a bit !

--- Do the Guardia Civil still wear those hats ?

---

Oh yeah, the Guardia Civil are guys you don't want to mess with! My sister was stunned to see that they wore guns at the border(cos cops in NZ don't carry guns)! And I guy I worked with got both his wrists broken once when he was really drunk, and they arrested him because he didn't speak spanish. Broke his wrists while putting the cuffs on him(they're trained to know how to inflict a lot of damage doing seemingly innocuous things).

The Spanish throw tantrums every now and then and close the border for a few hours. Like when the Royal Navy had a nuclear sub in port for 3 days, they got miffy. and closed the border for 4 hours, and the navy personnel were warned not to go into La Linea. During the Tercenteniary celebrations, Princess Anne came over, so they closed the border for 6 hours! And they usually close the border for a couple of hours if a British MP visits.

For a while there in 2005 and 06 they were banning cruise ships that berthed in Gib from berthing in Spanish ports after. The ships had the anchor in the port, and get little boats to take the passengers to shore(really good for Florida retirees!). BUt the EU council decided they were behaving illegally. They apologised to the cruise companies, but not to Gibraltar.
                            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                            I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Where is it?
                              1. Turkey
                              2. California
                              3. India
                              4. Gibralter and Spain
                              5. Iran
                              10. Italy

The Sea