Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His Wife
    replied
    I can't believe this was on page 2 already , as it's a great thread!

About that Raspberry Lipton tea.....

Did you get it with the sugar (mix) or the 'diet' raspberry?

Just was at the store, was going to buy some, but thought I'd ask first.
    Afraid the diet will not have enough flavor....

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay
    Neither.
    Not that tea is gross or anything, but I'm Mormon. A lot explained.
    But I can drink the Celestial Seasonings tea as long as there is no tea.

Errr.........no.

Tes is a plant. The Mormon religion forbids the ingestion of certain foods, like Judaism? I was unaware of that. Go to P&R or PM me and post what else it forbids.

And why.

I'm curious.

Leave a comment:

• I_Only_Like_Jay
    replied
    Neither.
    Not that tea is gross or anything, but I'm Mormon. A lot explained.
    But I can drink the Celestial Seasonings tea as long as there is no tea.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBroncLove
    I know this wasn;t aimed at me, but I use agave on certien occasions. It is a sugar substitute that is mild and quite delicious. It works very well, and dissolves much easier then sugar. I'll give you the description on the back of the bottle...

"Agave Nectar is an exciting new natural sweetner made from the juice of the agave plant. It's delicious mild, succulent flavor, and satisfying sweetness are perfectly suited for all your sweetning needs."

They don't shy away from puting their product in the best light However I do find it a good substitute for sugar, and is especially good with fresh strawberries IMO. Its a useful tool for any kitchen .

EDIT: It tastes very much like sugar, so don;t let the ugar substitute worry you. It is not a splenda or equal or something like that. It is a natural nectar that is lighter then honey, does not crystalize, and is very light despite it's low viscosity liquid form.

It's great.

FYI: Agave is the plant used to make tequila.

However, do not let that scare you. Most alcoholic beverages begin with sugar content and then ferment. Agave nectar or syrup tastes nothing like tequila.

Yes, you can purchase it, but generally at organic or high end/specialty groceries.

Leave a comment:

• BigBroncLove
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife
    When I have a lot of congestion and/or sore throat, I drink Constant Comment tea (which is a orange-spice like tea) (HOT), a shot of brandy/whisky, 1tsp honey (for throat/cough) and an orange wedge squeezed into the tea.

Really hits the spot when you are not well and helps you sleep a little easier for a couple of hours.

Jared - I've never heard of agave syrup....what does it taste like and can you purchase it in the super market?
    I know this wasn;t aimed at me, but I use agave on certien occasions. It is a sugar substitute that is mild and quite delicious. It works very well, and dissolves much easier then sugar. I'll give you the description on the back of the bottle...

"Agave Nectar is an exciting new natural sweetner made from the juice of the agave plant. It's delicious mild, succulent flavor, and satisfying sweetness are perfectly suited for all your sweetning needs."

They don't shy away from puting their product in the best light However I do find it a good substitute for sugar, and is especially good with fresh strawberries IMO. Its a useful tool for any kitchen .

EDIT: It tastes very much like sugar, so don;t let the ugar substitute worry you. It is not a splenda or equal or something like that. It is a natural nectar that is lighter then honey, does not crystalize, and is very light despite it's low viscosity liquid form.
    Last edited by BigBroncLove; 03-18-2007, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    I usually add honey or agave syrup, and generally less than 1/2 teaspoon, and onlh when hot.

I also do not use either for hot or iced tea. I prefer Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf loose tea, or their bagged tea for home use.
    When I have a lot of congestion and/or sore throat, I drink Constant Comment tea (which is a orange-spice like tea) (HOT), a shot of brandy/whisky, 1tsp honey (for throat/cough) and an orange wedge squeezed into the tea.

Really hits the spot when you are not well and helps you sleep a little easier for a couple of hours.

Jared - I've never heard of agave syrup....what does it taste like and can you purchase it in the super market?

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by muse
    Are we talking about real tea or iced tea? Confuzzled :p

Actually Lipton Peach ice tea is now on general sale here...but it's only been the last 4 years or so...I remember only being able to get it in France! It's highly addictive.
    LOL, in England, talking about brewed tea over ice. When I was over there a bunch, they were selling the prebottled tea in the petrol stations and at Tescos and such, but in Cambridge I found a place that was making proper Iced tea, which is brewed hot tea that is poured over ice.

Which is also what I did at the pub a few times and got the looks. Had them give me a small pot of hot tea and a pint cup of ice and made my own. Real iced tea is nothing like the pre-bottled stuff, which are barely tea. You simply taste the sugar and flavoring and barely even taste the underlying tea.

Leave a comment:

• BigBroncLove
    replied
    I usually add honey or agave syrup, and generally less than 1/2 teaspoon, and onlh when hot.

I also do not use either for hot or iced tea. I prefer Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf loose tea, or their bagged tea for home use.
    Never tried either. I may give them a look sometime for iced tea, though I am pretty set in my hot tea prefrences.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBroncLove

I of course drink sweetened iced tea with Lipton (more sugar then you I can bet jared, but not excessive like some southern style iced teas.)

Leave a comment:

• BigBroncLove
    replied
    I prefer brewed tea, hot or iced, depending on season.

I will occasionally use a sweetner, and a small amount of it, for a hint of sweetness.

Of these two, I think (I could be wrong), that Lipton made the "more like brewed tea" in the bottles.

Nestea makes that stuff in a blue can, right? YUCK!
    I also do not drink pre-sealed tea's. They don't taste very good IMO and prefer to brew my tea. As for hot tea, neither Lipton or Nestea, I like better black teas then those two. As for iced, as far as I understand Nestea only makes instant iced teas or canned/bottled teas while Lipton offers the real brewing type.

I of course drink sweetened iced tea with Lipton (more sugar then you I can bet jared, but not excessive like some southern style iced teas.)

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    I prefer brewed tea, hot or iced, depending on season.

I will occasionally use a sweetner, and a small amount of it, for a hint of sweetness.

Of these two, I think (I could be wrong), that Lipton made the "more like brewed tea" in the bottles.

Nestea makes that stuff in a blue can, right? YUCK!

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    I haven't spent time over their lately, but a few years back it was virtually impossible to get Iced Tea. I did find one place in Cambridge (Ratt & ????) that had actual brewed iced tea.
    Are we talking about real tea or iced tea? Confuzzled :p

Actually Lipton Peach ice tea is now on general sale here...but it's only been the last 4 years or so...I remember only being able to get it in France! It's highly addictive.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Originally posted by tpryce93
    i only drink lipton peach iced tea.

i don't really like anything else.
    That stuff is GOOD. I also like their Rasberry Iced Tea.

But I still think that Arizona Green Tea is really good though.

Leave a comment:

• tpryce93
    replied
    i only drink lipton peach iced tea.

i don't really like anything else.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Out of those two, I like Lipton, but Arizona is the best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X