Call Me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Me...

I got to thinking about this the other day, when I saw a thread someone put up about should they change their name. It had come about because some people have 10 different nicknames, and it gets confusing. Take me... People call me Red, they call me Birdy, they call me redbirdy, or they don't shorten it at all. I'm cool with that, though...

I actually know several people whose names can be shortened to the same thing, and *are* called the same thing by different people.

Then, there are the people who have nicknames they don't like, for one reason or another... they prefer to be called something else...

So here it is, Broncomania... what would you prefer we call you?
    Last edited by redbirdy80; 03-24-2007, 10:21 AM. Reason: Poor wording choice made it weird to read :goofy:
    sigpic

I like everything that people call me...except for one thing. I know its easy to just write ST but sometimes I think that might get a bit confusing with some people calling SaddleTramp ST too.

I like being called Snap and Snapper the most tho...

But heck, Im not picky...keep calling me ST if you wanna, I dont care that much!
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
      I like everything that people call me...except for one thing. I know its easy to just write ST but sometimes I think that might get a bit confusing with some people calling SaddleTramp ST too.

I like being called Snap and Snapper the most tho...

But heck, Im not picky...keep calling me ST if you wanna, I dont care that much!
      You are actually the ones I meant when I was talking about confusing. I have seen you, Saddle, and SmithOverTO all called ST...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdy80
        I got to thinking about this the other day, when I saw a thread about "Should I change my name?" It had come about because some people have 10 different nicknames, and it gets confusing. Take me... People call me Red, they call me Birdy, they call me redbirdy, or they don't shorten it at all. I'm cool with that, though...

I actually know several people whose names can be shortened to the same thing, and *are* called the same thing by different people.

Then, there are the people who have nicknames they don't like, for one reason or another... they prefer to be called something else...

So here it is, Broncomania... what would you prefer we call you?
        im just waiting for the day you call me ....... aaaahhhhrrrrrrrrrrr

oh im going to get in trouble for that one

just call me ozz, salty, saltypooh, saltypoohkins, lynchembaby, lynchem

just please call red ill be waiting
        sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by lynchembaby
          im just waiting for the day you call me ....... aaaahhhhrrrrrrrrrrr

oh im going to get in trouble for that one

just call me ozz, salty, saltypooh, saltypoohkins, lynchembaby, lynchem

just please call red ill be waiting

As soon as I posted the thread and then looked at the title, I realized how it was gonna look... Like I'm soliciting gentlemen callers. Likely to get a bunch of people in trouble, least of all me

And I have to ask... ozz?
          sigpic

Comment

My first name is James, last name Demoney. People call me "Jim", "D", "D Money", "Money", my family calls me "junior" sometimes since my dad and I have the same name. I don't care what people call me.
            Originally posted by Soldier96B
            i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
              My first name is James, last name Demoney. People call me "Jim", "D", "D Money", "Money", my family calls me "junior" sometimes since my dad and I have the same name. I don't care what people call me.
              I've thought about you, too, as I've seen you posting more lately... Do people here call you Red? Cuz I'm about to have an identity crisis
              sigpic

Comment

Kap, Kim, Mistress of all she surveys, Mrs Mulder, Oh Great One, Skwrl Channeler.......

Red, you know you can never change your name. It's what your jersey says!
                President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                  Kap, Kim, Mistress of all she surveys, Mrs Mulder, Oh Great One, Skwrl Channeler.......

Red, you know you can never change your name. It's what your jersey says!
                  I think I definitely like Mrs. Mulder the best.

And I'm not about to change my name... I use it for everything and have for years... I love it...

The thread I saw was someone else's (I guess that was kind of ambiguous, huh? Sorry), about whether they should change their name so that everyone would call them the same thing...
                  sigpic

Comment

As soon as I posted the thread and then looked at the title, I realized how it was gonna look... Like I'm soliciting gentlemen callers. Likely to get a bunch of people in trouble, least of all me

And I have to ask... ozz?

im a huge st.louis cardinals fan

ozzie smith was my idol back in the days
                    my last name is smith

so i was dubbed ozzie or ozz by many
                    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

my last name is smith

Aha. Makes sense
                      sigpic

Comment

I've thought about you, too, as I've seen you posting more lately... Do people here call you Red? Cuz I'm about to have an identity crisis

This is just my interwebs alias, no real meaning at all. I'm sure it used to mean something, but I have since forgotten. However, there is a problem if people do call me "red" because you can't be called the same as me. So, I propose you be called "read", the past-tense version of read so that it is pronounced the same way as "red".
                        Originally posted by Soldier96B
                        i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Aha. Makes sense

it also saves on making those customized jersey's like ya got too
                          its great having a last name of smith
                          i can buy any teams jersey i want their seems to be a smith on most teams
                          sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

my last name is smith

Aha! My plan has succeeded... Now I know your full name and I really COULD call you.

Wouldn't THAT freak you out?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                              This is just my interwebs alias, no real meaning at all. I'm sure it used to mean something, but I have since forgotten. However, there is a problem if people do call me "red" because you can't be called the same as me. So, I propose you be called "read", the past-tense version of read so that it is pronounced the same way as "red".
                              Smartypants!!! I was here first!

And what about REIDman? There will be homophonic confusion there, too, as most people call him Reid.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X