Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
    Have you ever been in a tornado?
    No, but since I've moved here I've been in two really close calls. Had to actually take cover and change my underwear when it was all said and done. Needless to say, it freakin sucks. Give me a hurricane any day, at least you know two weeks ahead of time its coming.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      No, but since I've moved here I've been in two really close calls. Had to actually take cover and change my underwear when it was all said and done. Needless to say, it freakin sucks. Give me a hurricane any day, at least you know two weeks ahead of time its coming.
      Exactly, you can prepare. earthquakes are scary - but at least you don't fee like it's coming after YOU, you know? a tornado can chase you - i don't like that.

Was anyone in Denver when those tornados touched down? it was years ago - at least 15 or more years ago. i was in Denver for it, had to be evacuated etc... it was pretty frightening, and (if my memory serves me) they were small too. can't imagine being anywhere near an F5!!!
      Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

A friend of mine lives in oklahoma, but Im not sure if hes been in any tornados, Ill have to ask him. I ve been in earthquakes, floods, and an occasional riot or two

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Exactly, you can prepare. earthquakes are scary - but at least you don't fee like it's coming after YOU, you know? a tornado can chase you - i don't like that.

Was anyone in Denver when those tornados touched down? it was years ago - at least 15 or more years ago. i was in Denver for it, had to be evacuated etc... it was pretty frightening, and (if my memory serves me) they were small too. can't imagine being anywhere near an F5!!!
          Ya, I was in Englewood that day. I remember looking up from the basement window and seeing a sheet of plywood about 2,000 feet in the air. Was wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
            thats my cousin b-day too!
            That is my cousin's aunts neighbors daughters grandsons birthday to!
            BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
              I live aboout 90 miles northeast of Moore (tornado town) Oklahoma.........That was the town that got pretty much destroyed by the F5 a few years back and just last year (I think) it got hit pretty hard again, but nothing like the F5.......would never ever live in that town (it's bad enough just living in Torndao alley) but Moore, no way........
              My sister lives there. She went out there because her fiance' got transferred ther to the military base out there. ( I forgot the name of it) She moved out there 2 weeks after this last tornado. I drove with her out there and saw all the destroyed homes, and buildings. Rough!! I tell her all the time that they need to get a basement (or tornado hole)

Comment

I was there also. Remember running to the basement when one touched down at Kipling and 285, lifted, went north (over our neighborhood) then touched back down all the way up at Wadsworth and 6th. I remember going out that evening and the hailstones looked like snowdrifts.

On the original thread, I am 33 years old, born and raised in Denver, but live in Northern Michigan now. Bronco fan since I was old enough to sit up and watch tv. Sooners fan by genetics. Spent 8 1/2 years in the Marines. Have two great kids, and a wonderful wife. Hoping to move back to Colorado to be close to the family again and be able to actually watch the home teams every week, instead of when the retards in Michigan decide the Bronco games will be better than say........ Browns vs. Bengals.

made by snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Hoolah
                  Aside from that I'm gorgeous, I find it hard to look in the mirror for my beauty hurts my eyes...ow.

Ha, ha, funny one!

Well folks, Im 23 with brown eyes & brown hair, slim & about 5'8". I live in Aberdeen, Scotland though I was brought up in Kilmarnock, thats just outside Glasgow. I enjoy sports and running. I've followed the Broncos for a few years now, I was actually in Denver for the Chargers game last month, best holiday I've ever had!! My birthday is 9th January 1980 so Im a Capricorn aswell.

Portis will be missed, but Bailey is the new Champ in town!!

Comment

Im 5'8'', 170 pounds, brown hair brown eyes, hispanic heritage, and im a blatant smartass

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

smartass yes brillant about as much as me. and i aint brilliant.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X