Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz For Your Mind

GOOD QUIZ FOR THE MIND

This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

I will post the answers in 24 hours unless all you smart peeps figure it out.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Already posted before.....

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...highlight=quiz
    sigpic
    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
      GOOD QUIZ FOR THE MIND

This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

I will post the answers in 24 hours unless all you smart peeps figure it out.
      1. Boxing
      2. Isn't that the River going into Niagra falls? Some river I think,
      3. Asparagus, sweet potaotes/yams, artichokes
      4. Strawberry
      5. Vacuum
      6. Dwarf, dwindle
      7. Period, exclamation mark, colon, semi-colon, apostrophe, question mark, comma
      8. Lettuce
      9. Stockings, sandals, shoes, socks, slippers, stilletos.

Comment

1. Boxing

2. The lip of the Niagara Falls

3. asparagus, rhubarb

4. strawberry

5. They put the bottle over the pear bud and the pear grows into the bottle

6. dwell, dwarf, dwindle

7. Colon, semi-colon, apostrophe, period, dash, Question Mark, Exclamation mark, slash, parenthesis, comma

8. Lettuce

9. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Name the longest word in the English language that doesn't use the following letters:

A,E,I,O,U

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
            :doh: My Bad. Guess this thread will die a quick death.

Answers To Quiz:
            1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends, Boxing.

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward. Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.

3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons, Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside, Strawberry.

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.)

6. Three English words beginning with "dw", Dwarf, dwell and dwindle.

7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar, Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, bracket s, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed,cooked, or in any other form but fresh, Lettuce.

9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with "s", Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
              Name the longest word in the English language that doesn't use the following letters:

A,E,I,O,U

PNEUMONO*ULTRA*MICRO*SCOPIC*SILICO*VOLCANO*CONIOSI S
              also spelled PNEUMONO*ULTRA*MICRO*SCOPIC*SILICO*VOLCANO*KONIOSI S which defined is a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of siliceous volcanic dust.

This is the longest word in any English dictionary. However, it was coined by Everett Smith, the President of The National Puzzlers' League in 1935 purely for the purpose of inventing a new "longest word". The Oxford English Dictionary described the word as factitious. Nevertheless it also appears in the Webster's, Random House, and Chambers dictionaries.
              GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun

A,E,I,O,U

longest with a,e,i,o,u
                found a new one!
                (1,185) ACETYL*SERYL*TYROSYL*SERYL*ISO*LEUCYL*THREONYL*SER YL*PROLYL*SERYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*VALYL*PHE NYL*ALANYL*LEUCYL*SERYL*SERYL*VALYL*TRYPTOPHYL*ALA NYL*ASPARTYL*PROLYL*ISOLEUCYL*GLUTAMYL*LEUCYL*LEUC YL*ASPARAGINYL*VALYL*CYSTEINYL*THREONYL*SERYL*SERY L*LEUCYL*GLYCYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALAN YL*GLUTAMINYL*THREONYL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*ALANY L*ARGINYL*THREONYL*THREONYL*GLUTAMINYL*VALYL*GLUTA MINYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*SERYL*GLUTAMINYL*VA LYL*TRYPTOPHYL*LYSYL*PROLYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*G LUTAMINYL*SERYL*THREONYL*VALYL*ARGINYL*PHENYL*ALAN YL*PROLYL*GLYCYL*ASPARTYL*VALYL*TYROSYL*LYSYL*VALY L*TYROSYL*ARGINYL*TYROSYL*ASPARAGINYL*ALANYL*VALYL *LEUCYL*ASPARTYL*PROLYL*LEUCYL*ISOLEUCYL*THREONYL* ALANYL*LEUCYL*LEUCYL*GLYCYL*THREONYL*PHENYL*ALANYL *ASPARTYL*THREONYL*ARGINYL*ASPARAGINYL*ARGINYL*ISO LEUCYL*ISOLEUCYL*GLUTAMYL*VALYL*GLUTAMYL*ASPARAGIN YL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*SERYL*PROLYL*THREONYL*THR EONYL*ALANYL*GLUTAMYL*THREONYL*LEUCYL*ASPARTYL*ALA NYL*THREONYL*ARGINYL*ARGINYL*VALYL*ASPARTYL*ASPART YL*ALANYL*THREONYL*VALYL*ALANYL*ISOLEUCYL*ARGINYL* SERYL*ALANYL*ASPARAGINYL*ISOLEUCYL*ASPARAGINYL*LEU CYL*VALYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*ARGINY L*GLYCYL*THREONYL*GLYCYL*LEUCYL*TYROSYL*ASPARAGINY L*GLUTAMINYL*ASPARAGINYL*THREONYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*GL UTAMYL*SERYL*METHIONYL*SERYL*GLYCYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*T RYPTOPHYL*THREONYL*SERYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*ALANYL*SERI NE = Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain.
                This word has appeared in the American Chemical Society's Chemical Abstracts and is thus considered by some to be the longest real word. and yes it is that long!!!!!

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_longest.html
                GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Originally posted by antiwup
                  longest with a,e,i,o,u
                  found a new one!
                  (1,185) ACETYL*SERYL*TYROSYL*SERYL*ISO*LEUCYL*THREONYL*SER YL*PROLYL*SERYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*VALYL*PHE NYL*ALANYL*LEUCYL*SERYL*SERYL*VALYL*TRYPTOPHYL*ALA NYL*ASPARTYL*PROLYL*ISOLEUCYL*GLUTAMYL*LEUCYL*LEUC YL*ASPARAGINYL*VALYL*CYSTEINYL*THREONYL*SERYL*SERY L*LEUCYL*GLYCYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALAN YL*GLUTAMINYL*THREONYL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*ALANY L*ARGINYL*THREONYL*THREONYL*GLUTAMINYL*VALYL*GLUTA MINYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*SERYL*GLUTAMINYL*VA LYL*TRYPTOPHYL*LYSYL*PROLYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*G LUTAMINYL*SERYL*THREONYL*VALYL*ARGINYL*PHENYL*ALAN YL*PROLYL*GLYCYL*ASPARTYL*VALYL*TYROSYL*LYSYL*VALY L*TYROSYL*ARGINYL*TYROSYL*ASPARAGINYL*ALANYL*VALYL *LEUCYL*ASPARTYL*PROLYL*LEUCYL*ISOLEUCYL*THREONYL* ALANYL*LEUCYL*LEUCYL*GLYCYL*THREONYL*PHENYL*ALANYL *ASPARTYL*THREONYL*ARGINYL*ASPARAGINYL*ARGINYL*ISO LEUCYL*ISOLEUCYL*GLUTAMYL*VALYL*GLUTAMYL*ASPARAGIN YL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*SERYL*PROLYL*THREONYL*THR EONYL*ALANYL*GLUTAMYL*THREONYL*LEUCYL*ASPARTYL*ALA NYL*THREONYL*ARGINYL*ARGINYL*VALYL*ASPARTYL*ASPART YL*ALANYL*THREONYL*VALYL*ALANYL*ISOLEUCYL*ARGINYL* SERYL*ALANYL*ASPARAGINYL*ISOLEUCYL*ASPARAGINYL*LEU CYL*VALYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*ARGINY L*GLYCYL*THREONYL*GLYCYL*LEUCYL*TYROSYL*ASPARAGINY L*GLUTAMINYL*ASPARAGINYL*THREONYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*GL UTAMYL*SERYL*METHIONYL*SERYL*GLYCYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*T RYPTOPHYL*THREONYL*SERYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*ALANYL*SERI NE = Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain.
                  This word has appeared in the American Chemical Society's Chemical Abstracts and is thus considered by some to be the longest real word. and yes it is that long!!!!!

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_longest.html
                  That's just a small protein, all the words are amino acid residues. So it's not really a word to be honest.

Twyndyllyngs is the longest English word without vowels. Good old Wales
                  sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                  X