Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comedy albums

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comedy albums

    Ok, so i have a few comedy albums that i don't listen to very often (cause it ruins them), but every once in a while i rediscover them on my hard drive and pretty much listen to them all back to back.

    right now i'm listening to Demitri Martin, "These are Jokes"
    Just heard:
    I used to play a lot of sports... then i found out that you can buy trophies... now i'm good at everything.

    other favorites are Jerry seinfeld, Brian regan, jim gaffigan, Mitch hedburg, daniel tosh, doug stanhope, david cross...

    regan is awesome, along with seinfeld he's the best clean comedian out there. if you see him on comedy central, stop and watch. same with gaffigan. both guys are hilarious.

    mitch hedburg has a really unique style which most seem to either love or hate. i love it: "I was at a job interview once, and the lady asked me, "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

    i said, "celebrating the 5 year aniversary of you asking me this question."

    not a great joke typed, but it's hilarious with his unique style and delivery..

    anywho: any comedians that you guys really like, that people should check out? maybe just some jokes?


    "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:


  • #2
    Bill Cosby's album from his peak in the 60's and 70's are great. Although "Himself" is classic.


    Richard Pryor - "That N*****'s Crazy" is mind blowing. COmedy, social statement, and satire all in one.

    George Carlin.

    Eddie Murphy - "Delirious" or "Raw".

    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

    Comment


    • #3
      i've seen eddie murphy "raw" on comedy central

      i'm sure his jokes are hilarious, but i spent the whole time laughing at his purple plastic jumpsuit lol. maybe its better to just listen to the cd hahah.


      "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

      Comment


      • #4
        I really like the Stephen Wright albums. I really like his dry humor:

        "I just put a skylight in my condo....the people upstairs are furious."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Shawshank24
          Ok, so i have a few comedy albums that i don't listen to very often (cause it ruins them), but every once in a while i rediscover them on my hard drive and pretty much listen to them all back to back.

          right now i'm listening to Demitri Martin, "These are Jokes"
          Just heard:
          I used to play a lot of sports... then i found out that you can buy trophies... now i'm good at everything.

          other favorites are Jerry seinfeld, Brian regan, jim gaffigan, Mitch hedburg, daniel tosh, doug stanhope, david cross...

          regan is awesome, along with seinfeld he's the best clean comedian out there. if you see him on comedy central, stop and watch. same with gaffigan. both guys are hilarious.

          mitch hedburg has a really unique style which most seem to either love or hate. i love it: "I was at a job interview once, and the lady asked me, "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

          i said, "celebrating the 5 year aniversary of you asking me this question."

          not a great joke typed, but it's hilarious with his unique style and delivery..

          anywho: any comedians that you guys really like, that people should check out? maybe just some jokes?
          All great comedians you mentioned

          Jim Gaffigan and Dave Attell are probably my 2 favorite comedians.

          And thank god you didn't mention dane cook he's terrible.
          the space that is mine



          We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

          Comment


          • #6
            When I was younger, and less apt to not laugh at stupidity in comedy, Adam Sandlers comedy CD's were great for a laugh. The first time I hear "The Goat" I laughed pretty hard. I listened to it again of recent.... not nearly as funny anymore being older now.....
            sigpic
            The only thing that can stop the ninja.
            Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BigBroncLove
              When I was younger, and less apt to not laugh at stupidity in comedy, Adam Sandlers comedy CD's were great for a laugh. The first time I hear "The Goat" I laughed pretty hard. I listened to it again of recent.... not nearly as funny anymore being older now.....
              his albums have def made me laugh my fair share. in middle school we had a really cool basketball coach and we would listen to those albums on the van rides to games. he laughed harder than any of us and we were like 13... haven't heard his newest one, but didn't hear much about it either.


              "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
              We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                When I was younger, and less apt to not laugh at stupidity in comedy, Adam Sandlers comedy CD's were great for a laugh. The first time I hear "The Goat" I laughed pretty hard. I listened to it again of recent.... not nearly as funny anymore being older now.....
                favorite sandler skit is the gay robot. hilarious.
                the space that is mine



                We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tpryce93
                  favorite sandler skit is the gay robot. hilarious.
                  lol

                  "..."

                  i was going to quote something from that skit, but i'd rather not get banned or use that many asterisks haha.


                  "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                  We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've always enjoyed Russel Peters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      dane cook. funniest, most visual comedian ive ever seen!
                      sig pic removed by mod staff.
                      we do not allow site advertising.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        my favorite comedian is dave chappelle

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          These are my favorite:
                          Dave Chappelle
                          Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
                          Jim Gaffigan
                          Stephen Lynch

                          R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BleedforBroncos
                            These are my favorite:
                            Dave Chappelle
                            Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
                            Jim Gaffigan
                            Stephen Lynch
                            looks like me and you have very similar taste. i love all those guys. gaffigan is coming to boulder soon, i gotta see him live.


                            "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Shawshank24
                              looks like me and you have very similar taste. i love all those guys. gaffigan is coming to boulder soon, i gotta see him live.
                              Lucky. For some reason he decided to skip coming to either miami or ft. lauderdale. The closest he came was orlando, and that's too far

                              R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X