Some Choc-tastic news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Choc-tastic news!

It's been a good week. The weather's been lovely. In fact, I think I may have had too much sun and it's gone to my head and made me a bit silly (or is that just me being normal)

Anyway, it's been good to be back on the boards and post a little, although I have to say, it's already becoming a bit addictive again. My Mum and I are hoping to go to Wrexham (a 30 mile drive away) on Friday for a morning of shopping at Sainsburys. I need to stock up on some organic produce, you can't get much of anything in this beautiful but back of beyond town where I live. I also read some choc-tastic news in the latest issue of Action for M.E about some research that has been conducted at the Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS trust, where some M.E sufferers who were given 45g of 85% cocoa dark choc to eat daily for 8 weeks reported feeling significantly less fatigue. They also reported feeling more fatigue when they stopped eating the dark choc and received a placebo instead. So this means I'm going to have to buy loads and loads of choccies,(poor me ) they only sell the 70% stuff here in town, so I'll have to stock up from Sainsburys.

I must log off now and take it easy or I won't be fit to travel tomorrow, so if you see me posting (not lurking LT ) anytime between now and Monday, just be mean to me and tell me to buzz off!

:wave:

Originally posted by Jaws
    It's been a good week. The weather's been lovely. In fact, I think I may have had too much sun and it's gone to my head and made me a bit silly (or is that just me being normal)

Anyway, it's been good to be back on the boards and post a little, although I have to say, it's already becoming a bit addictive again. My Mum and I are hoping to go to Wrexham (a 30 mile drive away) on Friday for a morning of shopping at Sainsburys. I need to stock up on some organic produce, you can't get much of anything in this beautiful but back of beyond town where I live. I also read some choc-tastic news in the latest issue of Action for M.E about some research that has been conducted at the Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS trust, where some M.E sufferers who were given 45g of 85% cocoa dark choc to eat daily for 8 weeks reported feeling significantly less fatigue. They also reported feeling more fatigue when they stopped eating the dark choc and received a placebo instead. So this means I'm going to have to buy loads and loads of choccies,(poor me ) they only sell the 70% stuff here in town, so I'll have to stock up from Sainsburys.

I must log off now and take it easy or I won't be fit to travel tomorrow, so if you see me posting (not lurking LT ) anytime between now and Monday, just be mean to me and tell me to buzz off!

Chocolate is the perfect food! I pity the folks who are allergic to it! Weirdos and freaks!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws

Buzz off.

Oh wait, was I too early?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWookieeBronco
        Buzz off.

Oh wait, was I too early?

Back to the topic, Nice to have news Jawsie...
        Ohhh... poor Sharkie will have to eat choccie... I guess you need many bisous to help now ?

Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Hey, I remember you!

Good to see you are up and running!
          COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

sup jawsie :wave:

long time no see... or speak...

i just read all about M.E. or C.F.S... and wow...

i had no idea...

i hope things get all better and such...

faithfully yours always...

anton...

sigpic

Comment

awww, poor thing'll have to sit around and eat chocolate all day-- what a tough break!

but let's face it, you deserve it. . . nice to see ya on the boards sharkie! i hope everything is going well. . . let us know how the chocolate binge works out for ya. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I read somewhere that dark chocolate was good for you. Get a bunch! MNN then melt it an dip your fresh organic fruit into it! Succelent desert

Comment

Working...
                X