Amazing story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing story...

I almost NEVER post things like this one (in fact I don't always read them)... but I really appreciated this one... so here it is.

An amazing story

A truly honorable man helps a young elephant. Read
    on:

In 1986, Melee Mbembe was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University in Chicago.

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Mbembe approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Mbembe worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.Mbembe stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled.

Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away. Mbembe never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Mbembe was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Mbembe and his son Tapu were standing.

The large bull elephant stared at Mbembe, lifted its front foot off the ground, and then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man. Remembering the encounter in 1986, Mbembe couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant.

Mbembe summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Mbembe's legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.....
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

That is wrong on so many levels! I love it

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
      I almost NEVER post things like this one (in fact I don't always read them)... but I really appreciated this one... so here it is.

An amazing story

on:

In 1986, Melee Mbembe was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University in Chicago.

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Mbembe approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Mbembe worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.Mbembe stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled.

Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away. Mbembe never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Mbembe was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Mbembe and his son Tapu were standing.

The large bull elephant stared at Mbembe, lifted its front foot off the ground, and then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man. Remembering the encounter in 1986, Mbembe couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant.

Mbembe summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Mbembe's legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Cabin fever must be setting in -

Thats mean LT

Comment

so so so wrong.

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

LT, you're now officially my hero.

Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwing

this is so sad.
            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwing

Thanks!

Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Dude.

ROFLMAO!!

Not the ending I expected.

You have a very warped mind.

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon

An amazing story

on:

Mwahahahahahahahaha :devil:

I lovvveeee it!
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Took me by surprise....very morbid! Good stuff....
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X