Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm going away....

for awhile.

I dunno, I've done this once or twice before and I don't think it made me feel much better, lately I've just been kinda acting like a jerk all around.

It's funny, it wasnt even 2 weeks ago and I felt like I was on top of the world. I'm 16 years old, and I had my first girlfriend (Sad I know). Well me and that girl had been going steady for about 3 or 4 months just as friends...but as we got to know each other we really started liking each other. Well I got up the nerve to ask her out and she said yeah.

From that point to one day 2 weeks ago I felt just flat out great. I just cant explain it because my whole life I've been somewhat of an outcast, people generally overlooked me. I had found a girl that really liked me, and cared about me......and I can safely say I dont have a whole lot of people that care about me (My dad walked out on my family a few years ago, never was a good guy, he would beat me and such), my Mom can be pretty moody, my sister and I just are complete opposites, and my Brother is well.......a little brother

I dont know, you would probly have to see me and her together to really understand how much I care about her and what we were like together.....she loves sports, very active, hilarious, and just has that personality that could cheer me up if I was going through anything. Not to mention she's pretty cute

Well we were spending alot of time together obviously and my best friend got irritated with it. He made me choose, him or her. Haha, well looking at the situation I was in and how she made me feel and how we connected, I chose her..duh lol.

I chose her over my best friend since 4th grade who has been there through everything, my parents divorce, my 2 near death expierences in the past 2 years where I lost alot of weight for no reason (lost 20-30 pounds in both instances, went about a week without eating both times), not to mention all the other stuff

Well, 2 days after that decision I had to make.....she kind of freaked out and said she wanted to go back to being strictly "Just friends". It kinda crushed me emotionally just because I had made a tough choice just a few days earlier...

Well, she seems intent on staying just friends for now, I'm just getting the vibe she wants me gone for good now....

I'll send her a text or something, just saying "Hey Whats up?" or "How are you?" and I wont get a response at all.

What makes it even more weird is the fact that I work with her .

Thats why I kinda got uptight last night about a joke about me being on a message board on a friday night lol.......I would spend 4 nights a week with her, going to movies and such...but its weird now mainly because she doesnt text me back anymore, and hasnt invited me anywhere like she used to.

Her sister says that she could totally tell me and her had something going...and thinks she's just stupid mainly because in her opinion "I'm a one of a kind guy" and that "I've done alot of stuff for her....especially by ditching my best friend"......I just dont know what I did wrong

I've been talking to Dogfish about it alot, I just had to go to someone I guess and vent. I just keep thinking about all the stuff I've done with her during these past few months. (First date I took her to a Nuggets game, 4th row center court). then just a few days before she dropped the bomb on me i took her to an Avs game......

I dunno.....maybe I'm overreacting....it just kind of sucks that it had to happen like this, everyone is asking me why I'm so messed up about it mainly because I'm 16 and have plenty of time left. Well like I said....it's the first girlfriend I ever had! lol.....

Well obviously thats not the only thing going on, just one of the many things.........

So I guess this is good-bye for now.....I'll pop in here and there to see whats up and whats happenin.......just need to clear my head and figure things out

Take all the time you need to work thru your situation. I am hoping your best friend comes around. I don't believe it was right for him to ask you to choose in the first place, but he probably did it out of hurt feelings - felt left out, but I am sure if it was him, and you asked him to choose, he would have made the same choice. As far as the girl, I know it is hard to accept, but at young ages, things happen like this. Remember this is part of growing up - lessons learned. My best to you.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Take it easy str8j.

You are nice young man. Relationships are very special at this time in your life. Don't ever allow friends to make you choose them or another friend. Always tell them I'm not choosing any one over the other. Simply at this time you enjoyed spending time with your girlfriend. A good friend should understand.

As for you and your girlfriend giving each other a little space don't get down over it. Just be friends and if it is meant to get closer again then you two will work that out.

Hang in there because relationships can be smooth, rocky, some are like roller coasters, and some are just find. Don't get down just because this one thing happened. Trust me things will get better. Either you will get back with this friend or you'll find another friend to spend time with.

Best wishes young man.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

you think you got problems???

have you heard of schistosomiasis???

get this: the larvae enter through you skin, usually feet and start travelling through your tissue to your gut where they start laying eggs, thus making more larvae...

the disease worsens as the larvae multiply and symptoms include a rash at entry site, extreme weakness, painful, bloody urination, hot flashes, loss of appetite and diarrhea...

once they reach your liver, you are very sick and susceptible to other illnesses like malaria or dysentery...

now people that have that have got problems...

you are just bummed over your first failed crush...

you are young...

youll get over it...

but i guarantee that you wouldnt get over schistosomiasis as easily as this girl of yours...

take care bud...

just try putting things into perspective before you get all down on yourself and thinking that her dumping you was all your fault...

sigpic

Comment

Been there man... just let it all settle, your friend will realize the reason behind you making that decision and if he is a true friend, which he seems to be based on what you said he has been there for you through, then he will forgive and forget... happened to me with 2 of my best friends during the time of my first girlfriend so I have no doubt that it will happen for you as well. As for the girl, let it go, I made the mistake of trying to hang onto my first girlfriend and it just wasn't the right thing for me. Let it go, it is actually possible that she may come back to you at some point, and the feelings she had were just overwhelming, who knows. What you need to know, though, is that there are many girls out there and you are still 16 you have time... just enjoy life right now because you will never be a teenager again and they are very fun years, that I can attest to.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Im so very sorry to hear about all that is going on right now for you. Please try and keep your head up though. Try not to think about who you think doesnt care about you and think about who does. mend things with your best friend.... tell him you are sorry. If he is a real friend he will forgive you.. I had a hard childhood too.. with no Father and mom really.. Raised myself since I was like 7 .. With a lot of help from my grandma.. But I am great now!... Things get hard sometimes ... Just try to look at the positive side of things and keep youself busy..Play sports, go out with some friends.. or something. That will help you a lot.

Good luck in all you do.. and I hope all work out for the best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
              you think you got problems???

have you heard of schistosomiasis???

get this: the larvae enter through you skin, usually feet and start travelling through your tissue to your gut where they start laying eggs, thus making more larvae...

the disease worsens as the larvae multiply and symptoms include a rash at entry site, extreme weakness, painful, bloody urination, hot flashes, loss of appetite and diarrhea...

once they reach your liver, you are very sick and susceptible to other illnesses like malaria or dysentery...

now people that have that have got problems...

you are just bummed over your first failed crush...

you are young...

youll get over it...

but i guarantee that you wouldnt get over schistosomiasis as easily as this girl of yours...

take care bud...

just try putting things into perspective before you get all down on yourself and thinking that her dumping you was all your fault...

I'm in and out of the hospital as well.

Anton, try reading a bit before you jump all over me. I said I've got many other problems and I put just one of them.

Comment

Has she explained at all why she wants to be just friends?

From what you've said, it doesn't sound like she has. If I were you, I'd confront her. You deserve an answer more than just her avoiding you.

Be prepared for the worst though. Realize that she may have a reason that she didn't want to date you anymore. It could be that somebody else asked her out that she wanted to date. In the end, you may be facing something that will just hurt you for awhile and you'll have to learn to get over a tough breakup.

Frankly, very few highschool romances last forever. Most people date several people before they find the person that they eventually want to marry. And it's helpful to remember that you don't really want to be dating somebody who doesn't really want to date you, too. In other words, it's not pleasant to date somebody if they don't really respect you or if you feel that they are settling for you.

Finding love is not easy. To find somebody to spend the rest of your life together means that they have to not only be attracted to you and you to them, but you must both match eachother in personality very well. You must be able to support eachother. That's a lot easier said than done.

Anyway, good luck. I hope you the best.

Oh, and your friend will probably come around. I had a similar thing happen with a friend of mine who I was friends with for a decade. He asked me to choose between him and a girl and I chose her. Well, I chose to not let people ask for me to choose between them and another friend. I was taught young that friends don't ask their friends to dislike somebody else. It's not fair.

But my friend stopped talking to me for a few months and then returned to me. The situation with him was worse because he used to date this girl.
                My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                . Post Your Artwork .
                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                  I'm in and out of the hospital as well.

Anton, try reading a bit before you jump all over me. I said I've got many other problems and I put just one of them.
                  Calm down man... his point wasn't to jump all over you, he was just trying to make a little joke about something serious to try and lighten your mood and hopefully get you to look at your situation a little differently... I know your in a bad way, but getting angry with him isn't the right thing to do right now.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
                    Calm down man... his point wasn't to jump all over you, he was just trying to make a little joke about something serious to try and lighten your mood and hopefully get you to look at your situation a little differently... I know your in a bad way, but getting angry with him isn't the right thing to do right now.
                    that was the point...

but thats cool str8...

i just hope you get over your woes anyway...

i tried...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                      Has she explained at all why she wants to be just friends?

From what you've said, it doesn't sound like she has. If I were you, I'd confront her. You deserve an answer more than just her avoiding you.
                      Well I asked her the day she told this all to me......If she found someone else and that was a no.

She just basically said she's not ready for a relationship, and that she doesnt know when she will be ready

Thanks all.....

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
                        that was the point...

but thats cool str8...

i just hope you get over your woes anyway...

i tried...
                        I'm sorry Anton......like I said in my post I've been a bit of a jerk lately because of it.

No hard feelings......I've just been lashing out at everyone

Comment

It is no fun to have this all going on in your life, but hang in there!!! I know that is easy for someone else to tell you, but if you need anything, feel free to PM me!!! You can vent all you want...I will listen and try my best to cheer you up!!!

Thinking of you and sending prayers, hugs and kisses...

Comment

I'm sorry Anton......like I said in my post I've been a bit of a jerk lately because of it.

No hard feelings......I've just been lashing out at everyone
                            thats cool dude...

i dont really care cos i can tell you are down...

just take some time to think all the crap over...

try putting it all into perspective and try to resolve it...

thats about all that i can come up with...

good luck sorting out your life bud...

sigpic

Comment

Well I asked her the day she told this all to me......If she found someone else and that was a no.

She just basically said she's not ready for a relationship, and that she doesnt know when she will be ready

Thanks all.....
                              And it could be exactly that - right now, at her age, she does not want to be tied down to someone, she just wants/needs her space.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Working...
                              X