Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tribute/blog/hospital thing...

Being a patient can be fun!!!

I got to the hospital Monday morning and talked to the most delightful woman in admissions (she clearly hates her job)...but I smiled and nodded and on the way to my room even talked about the weather...

When we got to my floor, I found out I was in the same room as the last time and as I took the walk of dread to the room of prision, many nurses and techs said...welcome back Shan!!! I was pretty shocked...I mean it has been almost a year and they remembered me!!! When I got to the room there was a big WELCOME BACK SHANNON sign!!! These people truly must deal with head cases (no pun intended being I was on the neurology floor) for them to be so excited about my return!!!

After answering the same questions about 100 times, and a variety of fun filled blood tests, IV's, MRI, and then more blood tests...I was comfy in my bed getting high off of the glue that is used to glue the little electrodes to my head!!! It was official...no more leaving the bed without the assistance of a nurse!!! Heart monitor on...check!!! Wires coming out of head and all over the body...check!!! Yep...I was ready....just need to have an "episode" and my life will be made!!!

I had everything I would need to keep me from being bored my books, my pens and paper, my fill-it-in puzzle book, movies, tetris on the phone and my phone ready for messages and calling!!!

The week was kind of a blur really, but so many people made it go by faster by sending me well wishes, good vibes, and calling me to keep me company!!! I even got a card!!!

Of course I talked to Bengaaaals and had my usual text messaging with him!!! One of the best guys you will ever meet and one of the best friends a girl could ever ask for!!! Lets me whine and complain and vent and makes me laugh and keeps me reminded how greatful I am that I am not his age anymore!!! LOL I wub my sunshine...though he feels left out far too often...

My birdy called me many times, though her life is kind of crazy right now...just to see how I was doing!!! This is why she is one of my best friends!!! She too lets me whine complain and vent and sometimes even makes me do so!!! Talking to her always puts the biggest smile on my face and makes it that much easier to get through the next task that has to be done!!!

Cinny called me a couple of times too even though he will have to "pay" for it, and I have to say...the boy cracks me up!!! There is now a missing brick in Colorado that goes by the name of Thump...if anyone has any information leading to it's where abouts...please contact him imediately!!! He had me laughing so hard that my heart rate jumpped a couple of times and made the machine go off...it was a good time!!! I just want to visit him to meet his neighbors!!!

dare2beme called me too...and his calls were very welcomed!!! What a sweet guy and funny too!!! I laughed just as hard while talking to him as I did Cinny and am really happy to add him to my new list of friends!!! He truly is an underrated poster...

Fred the Bunny is amazing...really, we all know this fact, but I talked to her some too, and she cracks me up!!! She kept me posted as to what was going on here and then was sweet and started a thread for me!!! Awwwwwwww...

I talked to my sweet little Snap...she is a kill as well!!! A very special person and I will find her a date for the prom...Boys...she is one heck of a catch!!! Smart, funny, sweet, firey all in one, and man does she know about sports!!! What's not to love really!!! I would date her if I were a guy that age...really...

I talked to another of our sexy mama's of the board for a little bit too...be jealous boys...she is all mine!!! GLF...we must try it again sometime when you aren't chasing a dog or your kids!!! LOL

Thanks to horsesense for the fun card...it was too good...cranberry juice up my nose...and I don't know why I didn't expect that ending!!! LOL You are too sweet!!! Hope you are having a good time and can't wait to talk to you when you get back!!!

Thanks to lynchembaby and birdy and anyone else who jumped on board with the missing shanniefly thing...LOL you are all crazy, but I really did miss you all too!!! You really have no idea how much!!!

Also thanks to everyone for their thoughts prayers and well wishes...it means more than I can express!!! Hard to believe I just joined this board a couple of months ago and already have so many people that I will forever reguard as friends!!! You all know who you are, and I'm sorry if I overlooked anyone...I know many said hi to me through others, but it was a long week with little sleep!!!

In case anyone was wondering...most of my nurses were amazingly hot, and daily people lost bets on whether or not I could swallow all my pills at once!!! It was like a party in my room at pill time every morning!!! And though nothing beats a shower...sponge baths can be amazing!!! WOOT!!!

I have to say that the all nighter was nothing like I remember an all nighter being... of course I didn't have any alcohol or guys or girls to make out with!!! Instead I was in a nice bed with my soft pillows (get your mind out of the gutter) and fuzzy Bengals blanket...a form or torcher if you ask me ( not the Bengals blanket...the comfort of the bed silly D)!!!

So how did you stay awake you ask...simple really...I drank a ton of water so I had to pee a lot...which got me out of bed a bit...so that helped...I ate baby carrots...the crunching noise alone helps that...and I started writing a smut novel!!! Yep...good stuff!!!

All in all...the test wasn't too much fun, and my arms look like I'm a drug addict from all the needles that were shoved in them, but I am cool!!! I didn't have any of the events that they wanted me to have...I'm like a damn car...won't act up once I'm in the shop!!! Therefore tests did not give us the answers that we wanted, but it also didn't show what we were worried about...so I have a brain...does it work...hmmmmmmmmm, you all tell me!!! LOL

Hugs and kisses kids!!!

Thanks Again All!!!
    Last edited by shanniefly; 03-31-2007, 02:33 PM.

Only you could make a barrage of tests sound like soo much fun!

I reckon Cinny should take Snap to the prom! Ooooo College guy! And a Broncos fan!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Awww...

You ROCK Shannie!

Thanks for letting me be one of your friends during all this. It's an HONOR!

Comment

Welcome back Shannie

Comment

Indeed, Shannie, one of the greatest advice givers...ever!
          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Shannie we shall have to talk again. Just gotta wait a bit because I am lacking in the minutes dept.

I am so very glad that you are home and well! And I agree with Kap...Cinny should take mt to prom. Too bad there are no tickets left.
            ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
              Shannie we shall have to talk again. Just gotta wait a bit because I am lacking in the minutes dept.

I am so very glad that you are home and well! And I agree with Kap...Cinny should take mt to prom. Too bad there are no tickets left.
              You didn't buy yourself tickets?

Moron! :hammer:

You and I are gonna have to talk to!

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                You didn't buy yourself tickets?

Moron! :hammer:

You and I are gonna have to talk to!

I bought myself a ticket! But they aren't on sale anymore and my table is full! LOL

Cinny could come to after prom though! 12:00-5:00AM! Party.

Comment

What the crap girl!??! I got nothin'!!!

You can call anytime...I always have minutes to burn plus...free nights and weekends after 7!!! WOOT!!!

Comment

I bought myself a ticket! But they aren't on sale anymore and my table is full! LOL

Nong! Yep, take a hot college bloke to the after party!

And his cute younger brother too!

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

But what about the slow dancing...that would be the reason I want Cinny at my Prom...

Comment

thats cool

my dad has messed with a view while he has been in there
                        i have as well

some are really, really stupid

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
                          But what about the slow dancing...that would be the reason I want Cinny at my Prom...

Thats true...we could slow dance at after prom. besides I wouldnt have to wear an annoying dress to after prom! Just jeans and a tshirt!

hehe.

Comment

Thats true...we could slow dance at after prom. besides I wouldnt have to wear an annoying dress to after prom! Just jeans and a tshirt!

hehe.
                            Damn, why aren't I there to make you a hot sexy dress so you can steal someone's bloke!

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

hehe.
                              True...but you will look super hot in the annoying dress and can you imagine Cinny in a tux...

Comment

Working...
                              X