--- Land A Jet On An Aircraft Carrier !!! ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Land A Jet On An Aircraft Carrier !!! ---

--- Ever wonder what it is like to land a jet on an aircraft carrier ?

--- In this video, the ocean is glassy.

--- Just imagine landing in rough seas !!!

--- Take a ride along with this pilot,

--- And come in for a landing !!!

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

NO! I refuse to play. Well, okay, maybe later. Is it as addicting as the helo?

EDIT: Okay, not a game. Sorry. I just remember trying to fly that helo at 2am. Cool video. Those pilots are amazing.
    Last edited by Peanut; 04-02-2007, 09:12 AM.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
      --- Ever wonder what it is like to land a jet on an aircraft carrier ?

--- In this video, the ocean is glassy.

--- Just imagine landing in rough seas !!!

--- Take a ride along with this pilot,

--- And come in for a landing !!!

---

Cool Video.

Thanks.

Comment

That'll make you pucker!

Comment

that was cool...

sigpic

Comment

Now we can all say we were on a fighter that landed on a carrier....

Good find, AZ (as usual)
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

very cool.
              Bad weather nighttime warzone lightsout deck landing in a fighter jet after a 10 hour mission, that is the toughest job in the world.
              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Can't say I ever been in a plane that landed on a carrier. Jumped out of land based C-130's and C-17's, but nothing like that. Precision precision precision is wht you navy pilots are all about . That was great to watch... What tether did he hit? isn't the third one the preferred landing tether? (is it called a tether?)

Anyways. Great to watch.... Thanks az
                sigpic
                The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Dang I wanna play a game that can do that!

But what strikes me odd is that the plane doesn't seem like a jet, there was no safety net, and he touched down too late. He had touched down at like, 1/3rd to half way down the carrier...

But nice find!

Comment

its better watching it in person on board the aircraft carrier. i went via uh-60 to the uss lincoln during transit from tokyo to hawaii. lets say it was the coolest thing i ever saw! F/A-18 taking off is just somethin else hearing it and seeing it just rocks you. it gets old to the carrier guy though because they see it every day underway.
                    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                      Dang I wanna play a game that can do that!

But what strikes me odd is that the plane doesn't seem like a jet, there was no safety net, and he touched down too late. He had touched down at like, 1/3rd to half way down the carrier...

But nice find!
                      It was an EA-6b Prowler from the look of the pilots window and engine sound, Simmilar to the one President Bush used on that carrier trip one time.
                      http://www.visi.com/~jweeks/carriers...riernimitz.jpg
                      As you can see there the trapping wires are quite a way down the deck so I am guessing he got the 2 or 3. And there are no safety nets. theres a catch net off the edge of the deck but that it.
                      The plane thats in the video is probably simmilar to the one thats justs to the left of the bottom left corner of the square of people. sitting on that light grey rectangle.
                      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Hmm, nothing came up for me when I clicked your link AZ. I really wanted to see it too...

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
                          Hmm, nothing came up for me when I clicked your link AZ. I really wanted to see it too...

--- Maybe your computer is scared !!! ---

--- to come in for a landing !!!

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

That was pretty sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                              --- Maybe your computer is scared !!! ---

--- to come in for a landing !!!

---

Yeah must have been that...

Very cool (my comp at work is less scared apparently)

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X