Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple commits suicide over loss of pet

This is sad.

HYDERABAD, India (Reuters) - Unable to come to terms with the death of their pet dog, an elderly couple in southern India committed suicide by hanging themselves, police said on Monday.

The bodies of 67-year-old retired soldier C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63, were found on Sunday in their home in a suburb of Hyderabad.

Police said the childless couple had held a burial ceremony for their dog of 13 years, called "Puppy," and hosted a feast for friends before hanging themselves in their bedroom.

"The couple described the grief over their pet dog in the suicide note they left on March 29," said police inspector V. Anantaiah.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Thats Nuts.....

sigpic

Comment

Wow!!! Being 34 years old, I'd have killed myself 3 times. Animals are family members to alot of us, but that is a bit hardcore.

Comment

Geez, that's really sad. I don't know that I would go that far, but I know I would be devastated if anything happened to my 2 cats.
        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

It is really hard to lose one of your babies...I am still very sad every time I walk in the door and my Ruby isn't there, but I think that maybe that is a tad drastic...

Comment

That's horrible, my dog was killed not too long ago and I think about her every day...they do become like family for better or worse
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
              It is really hard to lose one of your babies...I am still very sad every time I walk in the door and my Ruby isn't there, but I think that maybe that is a tad drastic...
              I feel the same. My dog of 18 years was put down March 2nd and I'm still not over it completely
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                I feel the same. My dog of 18 years was put down March 2nd and I'm still not over it completely
                I hear you buddy, but hey thats life. Like Rocky Balboa says, "Life is about how hard you can get hit, and still get back up."
                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Oh...that makes me sad.

My 2 puppers mean the world to me, and being almost 9, I know it's their death is looming.

I will be on suicide watch myself on those days.

Comment

Well, as much as I love my dog, Sophie Jo, and I dooooooooo.... I can't ever see myself blending my own death with hers. It's very sad for that old couple, as maybe that dog was their ENTIRE world and hardly any people in it. It's something I can't relate to, but still very sad.
                    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

I don't like it

but I get it

We all can get attached big time to our pets.

now i don't have any pets. *wish i had a dog* so i never had an "animal thing" persay

but there are some people that are werid with it
                      such as marrying there donkey

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                        This is sad.

HYDERABAD, India (Reuters) - Unable to come to terms with the death of their pet dog, an elderly couple in southern India committed suicide by hanging themselves, police said on Monday.

The bodies of 67-year-old retired soldier C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63, were found on Sunday in their home in a suburb of Hyderabad.

Police said the childless couple had held a burial ceremony for their dog of 13 years, called "Puppy," and hosted a feast for friends before hanging themselves in their bedroom.

"The couple described the grief over their pet dog in the suicide note they left on March 29," said police inspector V. Anantaiah.
                        I can completely understand this.
                        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

That really sucks, but sometimes, well alot of times pets can become a bigger part of your family than some relatives.

Comment

WOW
                            i can see being sad about losing a pet, but damn.
                            committing suicide is taking it kinda far IMO
                            Jay Cutler is THE TRUTH!

GO DENVER
                            1-0

Comment

what idiots! my pet dog died after living 21 years with me and i didnt feel the need to hang my self! i mean dont get me wrong i loved my dog to death but to kill myself over it! come on!
                              GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X