Freedom of Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom of Speech

Why do so many people say "oh you can bash me if you want to" or "im gonna get flamed for this but here goes" type of things? Who cares what other people think, voice your opinon with Bronco Pride and anyone who doesnt like it...........Screw em

Broncos 4 Life

If you didn't care about what other people think you wouldn't be posting here would you.

Comment

Originally posted by serix5000
      Why do so many people say "oh you can bash me if you want to" or "im gonna get flamed for this but here goes" type of things? Who cares what other people think, voice your opinon with Bronco Pride and anyone who doesnt like it...........Screw em

Broncos 4 Life
      Well, I dont want to get flamed for this but....I agree!
      sigpic

Comment

i think it's a little ridiculous too, but i have to admit i partake

when in rome....

hey but take it easy on me guys, this is just my opinion.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

That is one way to look at it. Who knows? Maybe some people care about there image and care about gettnig respect. It all depends. I personaly could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead4
            That is one way to look at it. Who knows? Maybe some people care about there image and care about gettnig respect. It all depends. I personaly could care less.
            Obviously.....

You're a Packers fan!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
              i think it's a little ridiculous too, but i have to admit i partake

when in rome....

hey but take it easy on me guys, this is just my opinion.
              We will go easy on you afterall, you are all thumbs!

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                Obviously.....

You're a Packers fan!!!
                good one.
                lol lol lol lol lol

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead4
                  good one.
                  lol lol lol lol lol
                  haha. You're a good guy cheesy, I only do it because I care.
                  sigpic

Comment

*peaks in.........see's no intrest/ leaves *
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                      haha. You're a good guy cheesy, I only do it because I care.
                      yeah, I know. You're a good guy to.

on another note, my smileys are not working. hmmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chica_Ang
                        We will go easy on you afterall, you are all thumbs!
                        good call :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

I will admit I have said the "I know people won;t agree with me on this.... " or "I know I may get flamed for this... " several times, and the reason at least I do this is this....

I don't care what people think, but if all the angry posts do come flooding in, people know I was prepared, and on rare occassions, welcoming such a thing. The problem with the internet is people can't see that I don't care, so I have to make that clear through words...

my :2cents: for what little it is worth

EDIT: And I also think no one actually doesn;t care at all what other people think. People usually end up spending a great deal of time with other people who are like them. Usually those people being friends or some similar extension of that, and the reason they do this is for comfort and acceptence. Does this apply to everyone? absolutely not. However I never believe anyone who says, "I don't care what ANYONE thinks." becuase half of human nature is looking for someone to see your side of the coin . Once again, only opinion
                          Last edited by BigBroncLove; 04-04-2007, 09:34 PM.
                          sigpic
                          The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                          Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

[First off, I don’t see why you entitled this thread, “Freedom of Speech.” From reading the daily news, etc., I get the impression that a good number of Americans do not really comprehend what “free speech” is all about.

In a nutshell, “freedom of speech” was enacted within our Constitution to ensure against governmental oppression—at the federal level, in particular. The King George mentality, a concept of the past, was not intended to spread into this new domain, which, in the aftermath of our successful rebellion, drew up its own separate set of precepts. The short form is this: The founders’ intent was to guarantee the right of the general populace the freedom to speak out freely on matters civil or religious—without recourse of governmental retribution.

But, beyond the federal level, all bets are off. Now, we are at the local level. This is called “free enterprise,” baby. I can be an a**hole (self censored to keep this at least PG-13) and call you the same, and the feds can’t touch me (why does that remind me of a rap song?)

However…

Suppose you are a member of a public (not government, but private—big difference) forum, that draws up its own set of rules? You can’t say or do certain things in order to retain membership? Well, the way I interpret the Constitution, they (the forum) can kick your a** out, and there ain’t a damn thing you (or the government) can do about it! [well, there is always the ACLU, and anyone is free to judge the validity of this particular group on its own merit]

While moi has personally “pushed the envelope” in here, I truly respect the rules of this forum. I’ve yet to be banned (there is always hope?), but the more important thing is to be a contributor in some way to the consensus of this forum. And, by consensus, I am hoping over 50% approval.

Oh, I know that I’ve rubbed a few the wrong way (at least 2 or 3, which is an indicator that there must be more); however, making enemies has and never will be my intent for posting.

This forum is a “society.” As real as any “real-life” society. And, in the end, each member will be judged, collectively, by the take of each and every other member. In that way, “justice” is served.

So, what one types matters. You can think that… “oh, this is just cyberspace, the entities in here are not real… and just rip off with whatever comes to mind (hell, I’ve done that at times).”

Yet, of course, you have the “freedom of speech.”

But, the freedom of private consensus (and this is a private forum/enterprise) is supposedly guaranteed by our Constitution to maintain the right to censor you. (Translated, this is none of their biz!)

While I may have just violated at least one of these rules tonight, my main point is this: only private organizations (such as this) have the right (guaranteed by the Constitution) to limit so-called “freedom of speech.”

Your rights end where mine begin.

I agree with your right to speak your mind, Bronco fan. But, in here, and for example, it is against the rules to speak out on matters political or religious. I respect that. And you did not smack of that.

You can say anything you wish, keeping in mind that a private organization has the full rights to censure or censor. And I notice that you were not censured for your post, my friend.

I just wanted to clarify the true intent of "freedom of speech."

Long live Free Speech and the individual!
                            Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Working...
                            X