Powerball Winner Says He's Cursed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerball Winner Says He's Cursed

What a story. I'd like to think I'd do things a little differently.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3012631&page=1

What a sad story. I wonder if he would have had the option to stay anonymous

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
      that would be the first thing I would ask of them. No pictures with the oversized novelty check, no reporters. none of that. I'm pretty sure it's possible to keep the anonymity.

Comment

You know the old saying,"Money can't buy you happiness." I am a true believer in that cliche, as I have witnessed it for myself several times throughout the years. Sad story, that's a huge amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by ORANGE&BLUETRUE
          You know the old saying,"Money can't buy you happiness." I am a true believer in that cliche, as I have witnessed it for myself several times throughout the years. Sad story, that's a huge amount of money.
          You are right - money can't buy you happiness, but I myself have had many thoughts of what I would do if I won a large amount of money, and my thoughts have been what I would do for others, not myself. I then think I would be happy by helping others.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

I have been following this story since he won.
            He has been in the news so much since then.
            Losing his granddaughter was so sad but could
            of been avoided.
            Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

That is a terrible story. But I can't believe some people have the NERVE to ask for frivolous things. Hummers? Entertainment centers? Houses? Some people these days only care about money. They don't care about others, only money.

If I personally won, I'd like to be kept anonymous. If that doesn't work, and I get in a situation where everyone asks for money, I'd send them a nasty letter with lots of language and half a penny.

I also would keep it on the down-low, not do all those big things at once.

But poor guy. That's a really sad story, moreso since he lost his granddaughter.

Comment

Very sad story indeed! I won't say my true opinion about society nowdays, but I hope the family can overcome this.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                  he does, until some reporter or media group files an suit based on the Freedom of Information Act to obtain his name. I am sure some democrap came up with that one.
                  [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Its a lesson. I've heard it before, and now we can see why. When you win a large lottery like that, change your name, and move away.

Just move to an island, change your name, move your family with you, and enjoy from a distance. That way you can give money anonymously. I feel sorry for this man and his family. He'll never forgive himself for his grand daughters death.

Comment

Working...
                    X