Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    --- Sounds to me like the pilot was just having a private conversation on his cell phone ---

--- The pilot even went in the lav to make the call more private and may not have realized that he could be heard outside ---

--- I'm guessing it was most likely his wife on the phone ---

--- He shouldn't have lost his cool to the passenger, but who knows what the passenger said and how he said it --- ???

--- File this in the no biggie category.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by y2cragie
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070408/od_nm/pilot_odd_dc

Quit frankly, the stress pilots are under its amazing it doesn't happen more often. Flyings become so common that I think the general public seem to think pilots are on a same level to a taxi driver in terms of being there to just transport them. I would be a hell of a lot more angry at the passenger for trying to involve themselves in something that didn't concern them, thus getting the flight cancelled, than the pilot who was obviously stressed out. Yes its unprofessional and yes he should be disciplined, but to cancel the flight is madness. Especially on a holiday weekend.
    So heres one to those out there who think a pilot is just an overpaid bus driver. If you see a pilot upset or stressed onboard leave him or her alone, they are trained to remain calm on duty so it would have to be serious for them to be seen as anything else. Also remember said pilots have the responsibility of safely transporting several hundred people at any one time across the country or planet, while attempting to land several hundred tons of metal traveling at 180mph on a piece of tarmac not much wider than your standard highway, in weather that at times would be impossible to drive in. They are human though.
    Having flown single engine planes with only 1 -3 passengers, I can say that it is nothing like driving a taxi or a car. In a car you can almost go into auto-pilot mode, but in a plane you have to be constantly aware of everything around you. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to fly commercially where a mistake could get you fired or dead.

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    Well I wouldn't want a ticked off pilot flying a giant pressurized metal tube with nearly 200 lives on board.

That's basically a giant missile!

Leave a comment:

• y2cragie
    started a topic one of those why! stories

one of those why! stories

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070408/od_nm/pilot_odd_dc

Quit frankly, the stress pilots are under its amazing it doesn't happen more often. Flyings become so common that I think the general public seem to think pilots are on a same level to a taxi driver in terms of being there to just transport them. I would be a hell of a lot more angry at the passenger for trying to involve themselves in something that didn't concern them, thus getting the flight cancelled, than the pilot who was obviously stressed out. Yes its unprofessional and yes he should be disciplined, but to cancel the flight is madness. Especially on a holiday weekend.
    So heres one to those out there who think a pilot is just an overpaid bus driver. If you see a pilot upset or stressed onboard leave him or her alone, they are trained to remain calm on duty so it would have to be serious for them to be seen as anything else. Also remember said pilots have the responsibility of safely transporting several hundred people at any one time across the country or planet, while attempting to land several hundred tons of metal traveling at 180mph on a piece of tarmac not much wider than your standard highway, in weather that at times would be impossible to drive in. They are human though.
Working...
X