Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you tend to see the positives in others or the negatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you tend to see the positives in others or the negatives?

I had this conversation with someone yesterday and I wonder what the interwebs thinks about the subject. There are some people tending to think only what liked on others, others what could be improved. What do you think? I personally think the matter needs balance since being too pessimist is overwhelming but also seeing everything being great can lead to forgetting about important problems piling up.

:wave:

I try to see both sides of a story, but I find that folks don't appreciate someone playing devils advocate.

Either you believe one way or the other, but some folks won't let you consider both sides.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I'm a very positive person, (sickeningly optimistic some might say) but I can also see the flaws in others and myself, but that doesn't make me like them or myself less, in fact it endears me to them even more. Like you say TDK it is a matter of balance. There's nothing more unappealing than someone who thinks that he or she is perfect but at the other end, there's nothing more draining than being in the company of someone who thinks they can never do anything right. People who are aware of and honest about their own flaws, yet not too overly preoccupied with them are very balanced and refreshing company.

Comment

Not sure.........
        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

People try to give off a good first impression, so it's hard to see what they are really like until you dig a little deeper.

Sometimes you like what you find, sometimes you don't.
          I think that people will pick apart a person for no other reason then to feel superior. Personally, I think that people are generally good natured.

I have a black/ white quality about me.

Either you really like me...or you really can't stand me.

Oh well.
          COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            I had this conversation with someone yesterday and I wonder what the interwebs thinks about the subject. There are some people tending to think only what liked on others, others what could be improved. What do you think? I personally think the matter needs balance since being too pessimist is overwhelming but also seeing everything being great can lead to forgetting about important problems piling up.

:wave:

Depends on how strong their postivies are and how negatives their negatives are

Hows that for a cop out?
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

I tend to be a realist about my own life, but I tend to only see the positives in most others though I am able to be objective if asked!!!

Okay...I don't know...

Comment

Depends on the person.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I try to find the good in people. Although most times i am dissapointed with people.
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

If the person leaves a bad first impression on me I tend to see and be more negative to them but other than that it's positive.

Comment

I'm a huge otimist. I have to be. I'm a Pack fan!

seriously though, I try to find everything good.

Comment

i dont have opinions...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
                          i dont have opinions...

And that is why you are so popular!!!

Comment

neggies, I love them!!!!!

Oh, sorry forgot we were talking about people.
                            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                              I'm a very positive person, (sickeningly optimistic some might say) but I can also see the flaws in others and myself, but that doesn't make me like them or myself less, in fact it endears me to them even more. Like you say TDK it is a matter of balance. There's nothing more unappealing than someone who thinks that he or she is perfect but at the other end, there's nothing more draining than being in the company of someone who thinks they can never do anything right. People who are aware of and honest about their own flaws, yet not too overly preoccupied with them are very balanced and refreshing company.
                              Very well stated, my dear. What else could I add? Well, nothing. So, here's a cp for the likes of yew....
                              Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Working...
                              X