Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeth

What is the most you have spent at the dentist for one procedure?

What do you think you've spent on your teeth to date?

How many have ALL their real teeth?

How many have bridges or implants?

Im needing some major work done and I want to get some personal insight if I could

Thanks guys (n gals)

Please don't hate me...

I have had my wisdom teeth removed with did turn horrible and they had to remove part of my jaw, and I had to have a chip repaired...

Other than that...no fillings no cavities, all original...only dental work is just a yearly cleaning...I am too poor to go more than once a year...

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly

I have had my wisdom teeth removed with did turn horrible and they had to remove part of my jaw, and I had to have a chip repaired...

How did it turn horrible? Now I'm nervous about getting mine out.

Comment

My parents paid like $3000 for my bracers I use to have.

Comment

i had braces for 2 years.

i've chipped 4 or 5 teeth, and half of my front tooth is fake.

2 cavities, but other than that they are good.

no idea how much my teeth have costed me (my parents), but it's probably a lot.

oh, and my wisdom teeth are messed up and i'm hoping to get them out in the next couple weeks.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
          We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

All my extra money went towards the kids dental work too, but I think Im good to go for a while, what do you think?

http://www.billybobteeth.com/album/t...ls/englman.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
              How did it turn horrible? Now I'm nervous about getting mine out.
              It was my fault really...I waited too long to go in so the root was wrapped around my jaw...they put me under and then had to take out a good part of my lower jaw bone on both sides to get those two out...then I ended up with dry sockets because they had to go so deep...it was painful, but most people don't have as many problems as me...

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
                All my extra money went towards the kids dental work too, but I think Im good to go for a while, what do you think?

http://www.billybobteeth.com/album/t...ls/englman.jpg
                Wanna make out sexy??? LOL

Comment

I go to the dentist every 6 months and get
                  X-rays once a year.

I went a couple of weeks ago and had some work done
                  on 2 of my top teeth in the front.That didnt look
                  bad and I had no pain but the X-rays showed a
                  tiny little microscopic spot that would turn into a
                  cavity if left alone.The bill was $440.00...Insurance
                  will take care of most of it.

When I was growing up,the first time I went to a dentist
                  I was 13.My parents didn't have insurance except medical.

when I got my own insurance I went and had the teeth that
                  needed fixing fixed.Over the years I have had 2 root canals and
                  also have 4 crowns.I don't know how much I have spent as I
                  got it all covered under insurance.

Good Luck and take care of your teeth the best you can.
                  Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Wisdom teeth arent an issue - I had some molars pulled and had to keep my wisdom to make up for them - now I have a molar that had a root canal done about 8 years ago - well the root canal is going bad (partly my fault - ive never had dental insurance and only got a filling and not a cap for the RC tooth ) but now I have to decide to have it re-root canaled - which i just got back from an endodontist and he isnt even sure if he can do it cuz the canal seems to be blocked by something making it a near impossibility to fill the canal to the bottom once he's in there (which is one reason im having problems - the orig root canal only filled half of the one side - and I dont remember him telling me about that)

Or i get it pulled but since I already am missing a molar on that side I will need at least a bridge and maybe an implant and a bridge

Re-Root canal $1500-2000

Bridge and implants a min of 3/4k - MINIMUM

Really Really good dental insurance - priceless

I have to now decide which route to go

Comment

I've never spent a dime on dental work...

(Parents)

And if we wanna go into orthodontist... pre-braces, braces, and now retainer... lots of money

Although I have had 5 teeth removed, 1 when I was a little kid. I can't remember if it was removed because of that time I slipped on some sandy sidewalk and cracked my tooth or if it just would not come out...

This tooth, though, had a giant root and the dentist thought it would be a small tooth, so he just used a little surface numbing. It hurt so freaking bad...
                      worst dental experience ever and I was either 4 or 5.

The other 4 teeth removed were pre-braces procedure to try and give my teeth a little room. All of these were baby teeth though, so I'm not missing any teeth at all. Never had a single cavity.
                      And to the dentists/orthodontists I've always been an angel because I can sit there for a very long time as they poke around in my mouth. Starting to get really tired of it as the braces episode ends though...

And that is the brief life story of my teeth.
                      <notice the straight teeth in my wonderful smile

Comment

My husband and kids have never had a cavity.
                        cause they all started going to the dentist at an early age.

I don't fault my parents but when I finally did get some
                        insurance my teeth were in bad shape.

OB-I feel for you girl.I hate dental work and the cost
                        can be terrible.
                        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                          Wisdom teeth arent an issue
                          They are when they're coming in at 45 degrees. I may have to get surgery.

I've got all my teeth except half of my front tooth. But I did get private orthodontic treatment (tried the NHS...my orthodontist seemed to be permanently on maternity leave...) which was nay cheap. I was a chronic thumbsucker.
                          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
                            It was my fault really...I waited too long to go in so the root was wrapped around my jaw...they put me under and then had to take out a good part of my lower jaw bone on both sides to get those two out...then I ended up with dry sockets because they had to go so deep...it was painful, but most people don't have as many problems as me...

Yeesh. I'm 31. That's a real longh time to wait.

I thin I will go against having my wisdon teeth removed.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                              Yeesh. I'm 31. That's a real longh time to wait.

I thin I will go against having my wisdon teeth removed.
                              Silk...if they haven't bothered you it isn't a problem...mine were bothering me and I wouldn't go...I just drank away the pain because I could...stupid college kid at the time you know!!!

If they are bothering you at all...I would do it now...better now than later friend!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X