I have been coughing for three weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been coughing for three weeks

I even took some medicine to feel better, but it isnt really working. My throat was dry today and I am still not feeling well at all.

I dont really have a fever, but I am tired all day and I am drinking much more water than I used to. What could I do to get better? does anyone know if there is any chance that I am having something else and not a simple cough, and what could it be?

There was this one time it seemed like I had a cold for a month, but it was a stomach infection, once the infection got treated the cold went away. I know it sounds rare, but it happened, and I dont know if this is the same thing

:salute:

Eat a lot of vegetables.

And I get sore throats when I don't drink a certain amount of water.

I drink about half a gallon of water a day. Not including water from foods and juices. Only water. Half a gallon of it every day. This past week I was a bit lax on my water drinking regimen and only drank about 2 cups that day, and I got stuck with a sore throat.

Maybe I'm just weird.

But eating tons of vegetables and drinking more water helps me.

I prefer broccoli

Hope you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_f1
      I even took some medicine to feel better, but it isnt really working. My throat was dry today and I am still not feeling well at all.

I dont really have a fever, but I am tired all day and I am drinking much more water than I used to. What could I do to get better? does anyone know if there is any chance that I am having something else and not a simple cough, and what could it be?

There was this one time it seemed like I had a cold for a month, but it was a stomach infection, once the infection got treated the cold went away. I know it sounds rare, but it happened, and I dont know if this is the same thing
      Let a doctor figure out what you have.

If you have had it for 3 weeks go in.

Comment

get a bottle of OE man....

no but seriously, do what cinny said...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
          Let a doctor figure out what you have.

If you have had it for 3 weeks go in.

this is the only advice worth listening to-- how are you supposed to "treat" something when you don't even know what it is??
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
            this is the only advice worth listening to-- how are you supposed to "treat" something when you don't even know what it is??
            I don't go to the doctor unless it's pretty serious. When I get sick, I go vegan (not really). I eat TONS of vegetables and soups though, it really helps a LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
              I don't go to the doctor unless it's pretty serious. When I get sick, I go vegan (not really). I eat TONS of vegetables and soups though, it really helps a LOT.
              If he has had it for 3 weeks, there is a chance he has a bacterial infection, in which case he needs some antibiotics.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                If he has had it for 3 weeks, there is a chance he has a bacterial infection, in which case he needs some antibiotics.
                Yea. I don't get why you've been sick for 3 weeks and haven't thought about to go to the doctor...

Hope you feel better man.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                  Yea. I don't get why you've been sick for 3 weeks and haven't thought about to go to the doctor...

Hope you feel better man.
                  IM not sick, he is

Comment

The old thing is I have had the same problem as well as a lot of other people I know. We had a cold to start with, but for some reason the cough won't go away.
                    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Oh yea, you shouldn't rely too much on over the counter medicines. After a while of extensive use, your body gets kind of immune to it.

Or it can cure it for a long time.

I used to have a really bad cold that would occur every night and every early morning. I would take so much Dimetapp for it. There was a period when I got immune to Dimetapp and I had to take prescription stuff (stronger but nastier tasting) and that cured it.

Now I'm pretty much cold free.

If it comes back I just take 4 tsp of Dimetapp and it's gone.

It works both ways.

But I prefer prescription stuff, much stronger and better.

Comment

I'm afraid we're going to have to amputate.....at the neck.
                        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Put some crushed cloves, pepper, honey and ginger powder in a mug, add hot water, drink (you will wince, it's hotstuff). I took it for a few weeks earlier in the year when I was having similar symptoms to you and it helped quite a bit.

Comment

Go to the doctor.
                            If you been, go back.

Hope you feel better.
                            Emancipate your mind!
                            The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_f1

If the cough is dry (unproductive), low-temp (99.0 or less), coughing fits....

My guess is pneumonia.

Be careful and take care.
                              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Working...
                              X