Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco_f1
    replied
    oh boy, It might be pneumonia I do have dry cough. Ummm, thanks for the advice, I really did not want to go to a doctor but I think I might next week if I dont feel any better.

I am feeling better today though, my throat is sore, but no coughing . Still, I will see what happens this weekend

Leave a comment:

• calibroncogrl47
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_f1
    I even took some medicine to feel better, but it isnt really working. My throat was dry today and I am still not feeling well at all.

I dont really have a fever, but I am tired all day and I am drinking much more water than I used to. What could I do to get better? does anyone know if there is any chance that I am having something else and not a simple cough, and what could it be?

There was this one time it seemed like I had a cold for a month, but it was a stomach infection, once the infection got treated the cold went away. I know it sounds rare, but it happened, and I dont know if this is the same thing

I dont know if you remember but a couple a weeks ago I was very sick..I prob coughed for a least a month straight.. The only thing that cleared mine finally was two prescriptions of antibiotics from my doctor.. I had borderline pnemonia though.. but you should go get checked out!

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife
    If the cough is dry (unproductive), low-temp (99.0 or less), coughing fits....

My guess is pneumonia.

Be careful and take care.
    Treatment = amputation at the neck *insert surgical smiley here*

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_f1
    I even took some medicine to feel better, but it isnt really working. My throat was dry today and I am still not feeling well at all.

I dont really have a fever, but I am tired all day and I am drinking much more water than I used to. What could I do to get better? does anyone know if there is any chance that I am having something else and not a simple cough, and what could it be?

There was this one time it seemed like I had a cold for a month, but it was a stomach infection, once the infection got treated the cold went away. I know it sounds rare, but it happened, and I dont know if this is the same thing
    If the cough is dry (unproductive), low-temp (99.0 or less), coughing fits....

My guess is pneumonia.

Be careful and take care.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Go to the doctor.
    If you been, go back.

Hope you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Put some crushed cloves, pepper, honey and ginger powder in a mug, add hot water, drink (you will wince, it's hotstuff). I took it for a few weeks earlier in the year when I was having similar symptoms to you and it helped quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    I'm afraid we're going to have to amputate.....at the neck.

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    Oh yea, you shouldn't rely too much on over the counter medicines. After a while of extensive use, your body gets kind of immune to it.

Or it can cure it for a long time.

I used to have a really bad cold that would occur every night and every early morning. I would take so much Dimetapp for it. There was a period when I got immune to Dimetapp and I had to take prescription stuff (stronger but nastier tasting) and that cured it.

Now I'm pretty much cold free.

If it comes back I just take 4 tsp of Dimetapp and it's gone.

It works both ways.

But I prefer prescription stuff, much stronger and better.

Leave a comment:

• LoyalSoldier
    replied
    The old thing is I have had the same problem as well as a lot of other people I know. We had a cold to start with, but for some reason the cough won't go away.

Leave a comment:

• CinnaMunMun
    replied
    Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
    Yea. I don't get why you've been sick for 3 weeks and haven't thought about to go to the doctor...

Hope you feel better man.
    IM not sick, he is

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
    If he has had it for 3 weeks, there is a chance he has a bacterial infection, in which case he needs some antibiotics.
    Yea. I don't get why you've been sick for 3 weeks and haven't thought about to go to the doctor...

Hope you feel better man.

Leave a comment:

• CinnaMunMun
    replied
    Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
    I don't go to the doctor unless it's pretty serious. When I get sick, I go vegan (not really). I eat TONS of vegetables and soups though, it really helps a LOT.
    If he has had it for 3 weeks, there is a chance he has a bacterial infection, in which case he needs some antibiotics.

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    Originally posted by dogfish
    this is the only advice worth listening to-- how are you supposed to "treat" something when you don't even know what it is??
    I don't go to the doctor unless it's pretty serious. When I get sick, I go vegan (not really). I eat TONS of vegetables and soups though, it really helps a LOT.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
    Let a doctor figure out what you have.

If you have had it for 3 weeks go in.

this is the only advice worth listening to-- how are you supposed to "treat" something when you don't even know what it is??

Leave a comment:

• DawgFanatic
    replied
    get a bottle of OE man....

no but seriously, do what cinny said...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X