Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I discovered the location of Jaws' vacation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapaibro
    Yep, you the Rare-bit of Welsh hawtness!
    Music to my ears.

Keep 'em coming!

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by Reidman
    Aren't sharks on vacation 24/7..?
    Ahem, get your dictionary out young man!

I think the word you are looking for is rehabilitation

Lucky for you that I'm in such a good mood

Leave a comment:

• Reidman
    replied
    Aren't sharks on vacation 24/7..?

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws
    I like the spin you put on these things
    Yep, you the Rare-bit of Welsh hawtness!

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapaibro
    Because you are the Hawt Beef!
    I like the spin you put on these things

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws
    ROFL, I love the edit. Respect!

You may wish to make one more minor edit and add Emancipator to the list of endangered species and signpost escape route with "do not flee to welsh hills!"

Cowshark!!!!
    Because you are the Hawt Beef!

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    ..........than you do of being attacked, let alone killed by a Shark, unless you're a Pats/Raiders/Chargers fan, then all bets are off, and I suggest you head for the hills!
    ROFL, I love the edit. Respect!

You may wish to make one more minor edit and add Emancipator to the list of endangered species and signpost escape route with "do not flee to welsh hills!"

Cowshark!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Vacation and dental bills...............

Anywhere the cowshark can get a bite is vacation.

Just keep your eye on her. Don't trust those sharks. (Mack the Knife)

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Nibbles about teeth
    Sharks can have up to 3000 teeth at a time. Because of wear and tear they shed their teeth regularly. If you look closely on the floor of the tank you're likely to see their old pearly whites! Most Sharks have about five rows of teeth.
    Lol, you should see my Dental bills. Just been posting in a thread about that as a matter of fact

You couldn't do some editing please, the final part of your post kinda makes us look soft.

I've got a fierce reputation to keep up remember

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    started a topic I discovered the location of Jaws' vacation!

I discovered the location of Jaws' vacation!

Shark Vacation spot!

During the ride back to Kelly Tarlton's, water is pumped over the Sharks gills and flushed constantly. Dissolved oxygen levels, pH levels and health status of the Shark are constantly monitored during transportation. As Sharks have never come across walls, let alone an acrylic tunnel, before coming to Kelly Tarlton's, they must be taught by our divers how to navigate the around tank.

Releasing the Sharks
    As all Sharks are individuals, some adjust to captivity(vacation) better than others, we carefully monitor each Shark, observing, behaviour, feeding patterns and general demeanor.

When a Shark is destined for release, they are taken back to the same areas as they were caught(collected).

Swimming pools, diving lessons, hand feeding and free return trip, door to door service!

Some more info about sharkies!

Sharks have existed for over 400 million years, more than 100 million years before the dinosaur. There are more than 350 species of Shark in the world. Gliding through the waters at Kelly Tarlton’s is the School Shark, Sevengill, Wobbegong and, Bronze Whaler(also known as the Broncos Welshey).

Nibbles about our tank
    The Underwater World’s Shark tank is designed to provide as few obstacles as possible for the Sharks. This makes it more like the Shark’s natural environment, the open sea. Our tank contains more than a million litres of seawater pumped straight from Waitemata harbour.

Nibbles about handfeeding
    This is our favourite job! Twice a week, two divers, each with a bucket of Mullet and Kahawai, handfeed the Sharks and Stingrays. The Sharks eat up to 100 kilograms a week – that’s the weight of a large person! Even if they’re not hungry, some of the Sharks enjoy giving our divers a good 'nudge', just to remind them of their presence!

Nibbles about teeth
    Sharks can have up to 3000 teeth at a time. Because of wear and tear they shed their teeth regularly. If you look closely on the floor of the tank you're likely to see their old pearly whites! Most Sharks have about five rows of teeth.

Nibbles about Shark Attacks
    During the past 150 years in New Zealand, there has been an average of just 2.6 Shark attacks per decade and only one fatal attack every 13 years! Worldwide, less than 30 Shark attacks have been recorded annually for the past 50 years. Of those, just seven have been fatal.

There are more than 250 species of Shark and very few who ever attack humans those being; Great Whites, Bull Sharks and Tiger Sharks. Compare this with; it is estimated that humans kill about 100 million Sharks per year!

Did you know?

You have a far greater risk of:

Being killed on the road whilst driving to the beach
    Drowning at the beach
    Being killed by Elephants, Bees, Crocodiles or lightning;

..........than you do of being attacked, let alone killed by a Shark, unless you're a Pats/Raiders/Chargers fan, then all bets are off, and I suggest you head for the hills!
    Last edited by Kapaibro; 04-12-2007, 04:38 AM.
Working...
X