Does Peer Pressure Get To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Peer Pressure Get To You?

Have you ever been in a situation or party where you've been pressured to do drugs, drink, etc.? How did you deal with it?

I got pressured to do drugs a couple times in high school. I'm not going to lie. I took them. I have to much to live for to do those now though.

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
      Have you ever been in a situation or party where you've been pressured to do drugs, drink, etc.? How did you deal with it?
      Man, great question. When I was in High School I wasnt cool enough to get invited to parties where such things happened , but boy in college did that change.

In college I succombed way too easily to peer pressure. I did somethings I regret...I wish I had been a bit stronger to say "No".
      Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

i'll just walk away if i get pressured
        white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
        you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
        smart fans, eh?

Comment

Anyone who says they haven't done something they regret or at the very least have never even thought about it is lying hardcore.

Most of the people I know, including myself, have done some stuff we regret. It's usually how you rebound from it and then walk away when you decide it's wrong and something you don't want/need in your life.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
            I am the ALPHA! not the omega
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
              I am the ALPHA! not the omega
              Nice! .

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                Anyone who says they haven't done something they regret or at the very least have never even thought about it is lying hardcore.

Most of the people I know, including myself, have done some stuff we regret. It's usually how you rebound from it and then walk away when you decide it's wrong and something you don't want/need in your life.
                Of course we have all done things we regret. although that was not the question.. it was asking if you bowed to peer pressure. and i whole heartedly say no.

I am a recovering alcoholic. Been Eight months since i have indulged. All my buddies still think its cool to get all lit up

I do not do drugs. Not now not ever.

Comment

Luckily I never really got pressured. Honestly, I could care less if everyone in HIGH SCHOOL thought I was uncool becuase I didn't decide to take drugs.

Yeah...when I have a job and stuff, and you're in a jail cell...we'll see who's cool.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                  2. Taxes
                  3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I have only done one thing that I didn't want to because of peer pressure. Two people who were my very best friends and I were over at one of their homes alone and they decided to drink. I had some and they got drunk. They were mixing a bunch of stuff with kool-aid. I had like half a cup...and I didn't want to to begin with...but they were being such jerks about it. I feel so annoyed still about having even a little bit, because I should have just told them no. I am also still upset about it because they were supposed to be my best friends and yet they pressured me into doing something I didn't want to.

Thats it really.
                    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead4
                      Nice! .
                      i know. i jsut got done watching 300 for the first time. and well i had to bring out the spartan in me lol

Comment

Of course we have all done things we regret. although that was not the question.. it was asking if you bowed to peer pressure. and i whole heartedly say no.

I am a recovering alcoholic. Been Eight months since i have indulged. All my buddies still think its cool to get all lit up

I do not do drugs. Not now not ever.
                        Uhh how was that not the question homie? The answer and question go hand in hand. Bowing to peer pressure usually involved some sort of action you live to regret afterwards.

A majority of the time you do something you regret is usually involved one way or another with someone else. Peer pressure doesn't always have to involve booze and drugs, compadre.
                        sigpic

Comment

i know. i jsut got done watching 300 for the first time. and well i had to bring out the spartan in me lol
                          that movie is sick. I think Blades of Glory was better though. I like a good laugh. Sorry to get oof topic guys.

Comment

oh the things I have done. The stories I could tell.
                            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                              Uhh how was that not the question homie? The answer and question go hand in hand. Bowing to peer pressure usually involved some sort of action you live to regret afterwards.

A majority of the time you do something you regret is usually involved one way or another with someone else. Peer pressure doesn't always have to involve booze and drugs, compadre.
                              i think we're spliting hairs. but i just differ in oppion.. when i regret something it is because I chose it... i will never give a man or woman the right to decide my course in life. much less tell me that i am only cool because i do crack.

Comment

Working...
                              X