Does Peer Pressure Get To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
    i think we're spliting hairs. but i just differ in oppion.. when i regret something it is because I chose it... i will never give a man or woman the right to decide my course in life. much less tell me that i am only cool because i do crack.
    We agree that we don't let anyone make decisions for us, much less run our life, yeah. But part of my opinion is that peer pressure involves many different cases. It's not always marijuana, crack, meth, booze, etc. It can involve many other aspects: stealing, lying, cheating. You can be pressured into that one way or another, too.

The point I was making was that everyone is pressured for one thing or another for one negative thing or another. It's part of life. It happens.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
      We agree that we don't let anyone make decisions for us, much less run our life, yeah. But part of my opinion is that peer pressure involves many different cases. It's not always marijuana, crack, meth, booze, etc. It can involve many other aspects: stealing, lying, cheating. You can be pressured into that one way or another, too.

The point I was making was that everyone is pressured for one thing or another for one negative thing or another. It's part of life. It happens.
      sorry folks for derailing... i dont aggree. ill tell ya when someone tries to peer pressure me. i see right through it. and see how insecure they are
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
        sorry folks for derailing... i dont aggree. ill tell ya when someone tries to peer pressure me. i see right through it. and see how insecure they are
        Exactly. My point is that people try to do it, but ya gotta see through it and stop it before it ever becomes anything of concern. I'm not saying everyone gives in to it all the time, but it does come in many shapes and forms.

Ehh, I'll stop hijacking the thread now.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't really give in to peer pressure, because I wanna do some stuff and experiment. I only have one chance in high school, might as well have some fun.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
            I don't really give in to peer pressure, because I wanna do some stuff and experiment. I only have one chance in high school, might as well have some fun.

Famous last words, my friend
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
              Famous last words, my friend
              What do you mean?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                What do you mean?
                Oh it jsut brought back a story. Sorry.

Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                  Oh it jsut brought back a story. Sorry.

Its ok......What kind of story? Or is it none of my business and you don't wanna talk about it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nope. I don't succumb to peer pressure. Well I do if it's on things I know that are minor and won't get in trouble for. I have a phobia of getting in trouble LOL. And I know better than be do drugs and stuff like that. I don't want to waste my life, my parents' time and money, and everything else.

I don't care if my rep gets ruined or anything, because I'm pretty well known to be one of the most popular and coolest guys because of my personality and my traits. I can easily rebuild a damage rep.

Peer pressure doesn't bother me at all. Nor does teasing or anything else derogatory or demeaning.

Comment

I've never done drugs from parties.

Can't say the same thing about other stuff though.

Comment

Great thread

I'm actually great with peer pressure and all that stuff.

I've been at parties and places and all kinds of stuff but I've never done a drug

Even some people ask me how I do it and some tell me that I'm great with that stuff and they wish they could say No like me

I just dont think drugs does anything good for me and I dont want to be a part of that and lead on to other drugs.

I have some buddies who do that stuff.
                        Its no big deal if others do it really but I wont

Comment

I've succumbed in the past

Peer pressure is about more than drugs, alcohol or smoking.

Maybe you spend more than you can afford to keep up with your friends, maybe you go out rather than having an early night even though you know better.

Even doing stuff you know you don't have time for, for family, friends or colleagues qualify as peer pressure.
                          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I was always the one doing the pressuring....

"Hey kids....LOOOOK CANNNNNDYYYY"

Nah, I only put the sqeeze down on the elderly.

(Yes, I have been pressured. Some things I liked doing and other things I should not have done. However, it's typical...it's the way kids are at times and it's all part of growing up and learning to stand your ground....THAT is something I am not good at doing....but I'm working on it )
                            COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Working...
                            X