Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't you think it is rude when people pay with $100 bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you think it is rude when people pay with $100 bills?

I only have $300 in my drawer here at the hotel, and some guy just came up to pay for his movies (not kiddie movies, either), and plops down a hundred dollar bill.

I ask him if he had anything smaller, and he looks at me if I had told him his wife was ugly. Of course I ended up giving him his change ($60 worth in my now very low supply of fives).

And it isn't as if I can just get change right away. I never see my manager (once a month) so I can't get change. So I take my own money and go to gas stations and buy packs of gum with $20 bills. That is how I get change.

So, I guess there isn't a point to this yet, but how do you feel about people paying with $100s?

Originally posted by sneakers
    I only have $300 in my drawer here at the hotel, and some guy just came up to pay for his movies (not kiddie movies, either), and plops down a hundred dollar bill.

I ask him if he had anything smaller, and he looks at me if I had told him his wife was ugly. Of course I ended up giving him his change ($60 worth in my now very low supply of fives).

And it isn't as if I can just get change right away. I never see my manager (once a month) so I can't get change. So I take my own money and go to gas stations and buy packs of gum with $20 bills. That is how I get change.

So, I guess there isn't a point to this yet, but how do you feel about people paying with $100s?
    The problem isn't with the customer. It's with your management not providing cuitable change on a regular basis. Also, if you have $20's what's the problem? Change a $100 for 5 of those 20's.

If all I have is a $100, that's what I'm going to pay with. Should the customer have to be the one to go buy the gum?
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
      The problem isn't with the customer. It's with your management not providing cuitable change on a regular basis. Also, if you have $20's what's the problem? Change a $100 for 5 of those 20's.

If all I have is a $100, that's what I'm going to pay with. Should the customer have to be the one to go buy the gum?
      mmmmm...I was hoping for a little more support here But your points are valid. But still, I find it hard to believe that he only walks around with $100 bills.

Comment

mmmmm...I was hoping for a little more support here But your points are valid. But still, I find it hard to believe that he only walks around with $100 bills.
        I've worked in customer service/retail areas for years. I know it's frustrating, but the customers pays the bills, so there's not much you can say.

Seriously, you need to speak/write to your management about the change, because you should not be responsible for doing that, unless you do the banking.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

From a manager's stand point...you should speak with your owner and get that fixed. It's a service provider's duty to make sure the customer's experience is prompt & pleasant....so your manager should get his/ her head out of his/ her butt and keep you some change.

But...from YOUR stand point...YES it's really annoying.
          COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
            From a manager's stand point...you should speak with your owner and get that fixed. It's a service provider's duty to make sure the customer's experience is prompt & pleasant....so your manager should get his/ her head out of his/ her butt and keep you some change.

But...from YOUR stand point...YES it's really annoying.
            I agree...

Now Sneakie... I guess you wouldn't mind if people give you a $60 tip
            Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Especially when travelling, a lot of people travel with 100's, so that it takes up less wallet space. They anticipate a place like a hotel being able to make change, so that they can then 'convert' their 100's into more useable currency when say taking a taxi ride.

I doubt anyone paying with a 100, whether it is because it is all they have, or because they are simply trying to make change, think they are doing anything wrong or are realize the impact on you.

One other thing that came to mind while typing this. Don't you think that you are guilty of the same thing? When you go to the gas station and buy a pack of gum with a $20 bill JUST to get change, you are doing the exact same thing to the gas station. Now when a real customer comes and only has a $20, you have reduced the amount of change that clerk has, because you used the gas station simply to make change.
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Since when are hundreds rude?? sounds like the hotel,motel is rude for not having change,

Comment

I lvoe it. I do it all the time.
                  [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

No it's not rude. Be glad our nation has problems like these unlike the the times of the great depression. (Wasn't that long ago).

It's your managements fault. The customer is to be pampered with a smile and correct change.
                    The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

I rarely carry cash and if I do it's less than $20. But I agree with the comments that your manager is to blame not the customer. I know it's frustrating.

Comment

I don't think you are getting the type of response you were looking for there, Sneakers

But I know where you're coming from. I was doing some temp work right when I moved back to Colorado just to pass the time/put some money in my pockets and ended up helping with the parking at CU. One night I was working parking right next to the UMC for a christmas party and parking was 2 dollars a space. Most people either had 2 1 dollar bills, a 5, or a 10. Now, mind you, it's the same circumstance...a person should be able to pay with whatever they want. But, I was standing in roughly 5 degree weather, sorting through bills, and one dude actually paid with a 50 dollar bill. For 2 dollar parking. Ridiculous. It pissed me off, I had to sit there and count out 48 dollars in change for a 2 dollar spot. Who carries 50 dollar bills on them anyways?

It's true, the blame lays on the shoulders of the management, but I hear ya brother.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp
                          I lvoe it. I do it all the time.
                          right...

sigpic

Comment

I usually get 100's when I cash my check. It helps so that I don't spend it so fast. But usually I will run through the drive through of a bank to break it. I hate going through the hassle of waiting in line and then they say they don't have change, so I prepare before hand.
                            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                              I usually get 100's when I cash my check. It helps so that I don't spend it so fast. But usually I will run through the drive through of a bank to break it. I hate going through the hassle of waiting in line and then they say they don't have change, so I prepare before hand.

Smart girl...thinks ahead.

Not like me at ALLL....

LOL
                              COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Working...
                              X