Cool new coaster in Williamsburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tnedator
    Griffon is the next generation of the SheiKra dive coaster that opened in Tampa a few years back.

The big differences as I understand it are that SheiKra sat 8 across vs. 10 for Griffen (resulting in two more seats on each row that have nothing below them. Also, Griffen is a little taller I think.

The big difference, though, is that the Griffen is floorless, where SheiKra had a floor.

But, the general style of the ride is the same.
    Ah! That sounds pretty cool. Busch Gardens Tampa is great! I never waited in line.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
      Ah! That sounds pretty cool. Busch Gardens Tampa is great! I never waited in line.
      I usually go to Busch Gardens or other parks on vacation in October, when school is back in and the parks are pretty empty. Unfortunately, this year we are gong in summer when things will be much more crowded.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I don't know though about being 'suspended'........

Remember, years ago they had a ride in a circle, where everyone would line up around the edge and the floor would drop out. That kind of 'freaked' me out to be honest.

Although, when it comes to roller coasters....I get a little bit braver.
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
          I don't know though about being 'suspended'........

Remember, years ago they had a ride in a circle, where everyone would line up around the edge and the floor would drop out. That kind of 'freaked' me out to be honest.

Although, when it comes to roller coasters....I get a little bit braver.
          My wife isn't sure about this coaster for two reasons. First, it will not have been open for very long when we go. Second, she said if she rode it, she probably wouldn't get in one of the three seats on the sides that have nothing below them.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X