Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help out for Autism Awareness...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help out for Autism Awareness...

    Hey guys... this is a subject that is very near and dear to my heart, and I got this in an email.

    Please go click... It just takes a minute.

    April is Autism Awareness Month

    If you click on the following link and watch the short video... it's a virtual tour of a car, they'll donate money to Autism Speaks.

    It means worlds to me... thank you!

    http://www.chevrolet.com/autismspeaks/

    For more information about autism, please see:
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/
    Last edited by redbirdy80; 04-06-2008, 02:43 PM.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Very cool. Done.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by redbirdy80
      Hey guys... this is a subject that is very near and dear to my heart, and I got this in an email.

      Please go click... It just takes a minute.

      April is Autism Awareness Month
      -------------------------------
      Five for Fighting has posted a music video on the
      internet, and will donate part of the proceeds
      received from every click to Autism Speaks, one of
      the largest organizations supporting autism research,
      resources, and public education about autism. 1 in
      every 150 children is diagnosed with autism, making it
      more common than pediatric cancer, diabetes, and AIDS
      combined. There is no cure for autism...yet. Please
      help support this fabulous organization by clicking
      on the link below and watching the video.

      Thank you!


      http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant....view/id/213154

      For more information about autism, please see:
      http://www.autismspeaks.org/
      I owe you: "You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later."

      An important cause, thanks for helping to further it.

      T
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tnedator
        I owe you: "You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later."

        An important cause, thanks for helping to further it.

        T
        No CP needed, but thanks... It IS an important cause, and I thought this was a great way to get the word out.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the information. A good cause.

          Clicked and clicked again (does it count if we do it more than once?).
          Administrator

          #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

          #LupusAwarenessMonth

          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD
            Thanks for the information. A good cause.

            Clicked and clicked again (does it count if we do it more than once?).
            I'm not sure... I'm gonna try, just in case... I thought the video was beautiful anyways.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later.

              dont let me forget
              white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

              Originally posted by raylewis52
              you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
              smart fans, eh?

              Comment


              • #8
                I clicked...for Michael...and for everyone else!!! Love you Birdy!!!


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by shanniefly
                  I clicked...for Michael...and for everyone else!!! Love you Birdy!!!
                  Thanks, babe. For Michael. And others. There are so many who are affected worse than my little buddy.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You know what Red?

                    Last week on the news they had a little segment for Autism and it was surprising to see what a tremendously HUGE problem this nation has with children (and families) with autism.

                    They said more than ALL cancer patients, all diabetes patients, and heart patients in this country, combined....that Autism is more of a problem then those three areas. Wow!

                    There are few resources for parents too, as they need 24/7 help depending on the level of autism their child has.

                    I'm rooting for your little buddy. He's lucky he's got you too.
                    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

                    John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by His Wife
                      You know what Red?

                      Last week on the news they had a little segment for Autism and it was surprising to see what a tremendously HUGE problem this nation has with children (and families) with autism.

                      They said more than ALL cancer patients, all diabetes patients, and heart patients in this country, combined....that Autism is more of a problem then those three areas. Wow!

                      There are few resources for parents too, as they need 24/7 help depending on the level of autism their child has.

                      I'm rooting for your little buddy. He's lucky he's got you too.
                      Thanks, HW...

                      The latest figures are one in 150 children diagnosed with Autism. That's amazing to me. And very very sad.

                      I love the kids I work with, every last one of them. And I love them as they are. BUT, if a cure, or better treatment can be found, so that they can have a more fulfilling life, you can bet I'll be behind that, too!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bump for a good cause.

                        I tried the link, it still works.
                        Administrator

                        #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                        #LupusAwarenessMonth

                        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This bump is for you, Red.

                          The link in the original post doesn't work anymore. The new link is below. It only takes a couple of minutes.

                          Please click for a good cause.

                          Thank you.

                          http://www.chevrolet.com/autismspeaks/
                          Administrator

                          #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                          #LupusAwarenessMonth

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            belated thanks ta ya red

                            n a new thanks ta ya bfi-md

                            always up for helpin those out
                            sigpic

                            sig by B4B6..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                              This bump is for you, Red.

                              The link in the original post doesn't work anymore. The new link is below. It only takes a couple of minutes.

                              Please click for a good cause.

                              Thank you.

                              http://www.chevrolet.com/autismspeaks/
                              Thank you, thank you, thank you!

                              I went back and changed the description and link in the first post so that people don't get confused.

                              PLEASE just take a moment, folks.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X