Follow-up on my football issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow-up on my football issue

Okay here is my original email that I sent to my coach.
    I was on the Broncos message boards trying to collect addresses since they know me pretty well over there.

Nobody seems to want to donate money without anything in return.

They came up with several ideas for fundraising though.

I think it might be in good interest to at least view the ideas and consider them.

I do realize it is a bit late to all of a sudden change plans since the 21st is already scheduled for addresses and such but maybe this could be done in addition.

This is what someone suggested on the forums.

Quote:
    "I forgot to add that if you decide to do the combination car wash, garage/bake sale, you could also have a couple of barbeques there and sell a hamburger, pop and chips for anywhere from $2.00-$3.00, and a hotdog, chips, pop for maybe $1.50. You can see if a merchant might donate the food. If not, buy the stuff on sale, or see if the grocery store would give you a discount on it.

I am sure you could raise alot of money with this kind of fundraiser. As I say, schools and even churches here in the Denver Metro area do these kind of fundraisers all of the time, and they are very successful. Just pick a good warm Saturday to hold it on.

Good Luck - Denver Native (Carol)"

If you want to read the original thread here it is. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...3&page=1&pp=15

That's about it coach.

Cya Monday at weight lifting.
    You guys know what!?!

He calls me and my friend Nick over during gym class since him and we agreed and did this together.

The coach is freaking pissed off and goes "That letter was rude! We aren't buddies or anything, like 'See ya Saturday for poker night' or something! You need to keep it formal until high school! You understand that?"

All because of those last two sentences I suppose?

Then he goes on saying how this has worked in other years and that we shouldn't be questioning him.

How thick-headed can he be?

And then during weightlifting he stressed track kids be there today so we go, since he says it is important today, so then we tell him we got to go to track so we ask if there is anything we need.... he gets pissed off again and says "If you guys have track you need to be there!"

I hope he doesn't see this thread, and if he does he deserves to be fired since our team sucks...

Now I have started on the wrong step with them even though I was actually trying to standout.

I might have a disadvantage even more as to the fact I am already an underrated player...

I am gonna work my butt off this season because I am dedicating it to D-Will anyways so I guess I'll just fight through everything.
    Last edited by champbronc2; 04-17-2007, 03:13 PM.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

he sounds mean

Comment

that sucks that he's so stubborn.

i think he likes the original plan because it takes almost no effort on his part to organize like a barbeque or carwash would take.

i'm sure a lot of coaches would get mad about the informality of your email though, just depends on their personality. i went to a small high school and we called all of our teachers and coaches by their first name (apart from a couple "traditionalists") so i can't really relate, but it sucks that your plan to stand out backfired.

if you really want to stand out, try and get some guys and organize something on your own and then get the money to the program...

anyway, just work hard and at least prove yourself on the field. good luck

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
        that sucks that he's so stubborn.

i think he likes the original plan because it takes almost no effort on his part to organize like a barbeque or carwash would take.

i'm sure a lot of coaches would get mad about the informality of your email though, just depends on their personality. i went to a small high school and we called all of our teachers and coaches by their first name (apart from a couple "traditionalists") so i can't really relate, but it sucks that your plan to stand out backfired.

if you really want to stand out, try and get some guys and organize something on your own and then get the money to the program...

anyway, just work hard and at least prove yourself on the field. good luck
        lol He'd get pissed if I did that.

But yeah all I can do is prove myself.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

You'd think that he'd at least be proud of your proper grammar... What an ass.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
            You'd think that he'd at least be proud of your proper grammar... What an ass.
            Yeah, it seemed quite formal to me...
            MMA News
            MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
              Okay here is my original email that I sent to my coach.

You guys know what!?!

He calls me and my friend Nick over during gym class since him and we agreed and did this together.

The coach is freaking pissed off and goes "That letter was rude! We aren't buddies or anything, like 'See ya Saturday for poker night' or something! You need to keep it formal until high school! You understand that?"

All because of those last two sentences I suppose?

Then he goes on saying how this has worked in other years and that we shouldn't be questioning him.

How thick-headed can he be?

And then during weightlifting he stressed track kids be there today so we go, since he says it is important today, so then we tell him we got to go to track so we ask if there is anything we need.... he gets pissed off again and says "If you guys have track you need to be there!" What a jackass...

I hope he doesn't see this thread, and if he does he deserves to be fired since our team sucks...

Now I have started on the wrong step with them even though I was actually trying to standout.

I might have a disadvantage even more as to the fact I am already an underrated player...

I am gonna work my ass off this season because I am dedicating it to D-Will anyways so I guess I'll just fight through everything.

Sounds like hes mad that someone had an idea tha is head and shoulders above his. Supposed to be inspiring young people to become better people, and instead, quashing it.
              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Working...
              X