Put a little LOVE in your heart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put a little LOVE in your heart...

Hugs and kisses for EVERYONE...and lots of LOVE too!!!

I think everyone knows if every there is something you need to talk about or someone to vent to...I'm just a PM away!!! If you are blue...I will give you CPR or is that make you laugh...If you are happy I will share your joy (unless her name is Hope or Faith or Nancy)...If you are angry I will let you YELL (and send you a punching bag with a (insert least favorite team name here) logo on it...If you are troubled...you came to the right place kids...trouble is my...wait...

Point is...this world could use a little more LOVE!!! So let's all put a little love in our hearts and show each other that there really are good people left out there!!!!

LOL And THANK YOU for the LOVE!!!!

When I was at the bank today cashing my check, I had to report a spam email I got from Wells Fargo saying that somebody had been trying to access my account and if I didn't click on the link and verify who I was, my account would be terminated.

I was like WHAT????

AOL intercepted the link since it was a phishing scam. I took this stuff into the bank to report it to them and make sure I wasn't trying to be accessed.

The customer service guy was new and had missed an older lady sitting there waiting when I went into his office. When he glanced at her, I followed his eyes and saw her sitting there. I immediately went to the lady, told her it was her turn to see the banker, and she said "thank you" and went in. I went and took her seat.

Just a small courtious gesture.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
      LOL And THANK YOU for the LOVE!!!!

When I was at the bank today cashing my check, I had to report a spam email I got from Wells Fargo saying that somebody had been trying to access my account and if I didn't click on the link and verify who I was, my account would be terminated.

I was like WHAT????

AOL intercepted the link since it was a phishing scam. I took this stuff into the bank to report it to them and make sure I wasn't trying to be accessed.

The customer service guy was new and had missed an older lady sitting there waiting when I went into his office. When he glanced at her, I followed his eyes and saw her sitting there. I immediately went to the lady, told her it was her turn to see the banker, and she said "thank you" and went in. I went and took her seat.

Just a small courtious gesture.
      :clap: And he drinks Margaritas kids!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
        :clap: And he drinks Margaritas kids!!!
        Did I say that out loud? Not right now silly.

My wife has a mean blender recipe.

But back to the point at hand. Being courteous is contagious. Spread the LOVE. It's contagious.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, love to everyone!

You know, people can PM me too if they have issues. But they don't. I know they have issues too, I mean, they have to listen to ME.

Comment

Okay...this in not really catching on...of course Mickey's big hand is on the...and Mickey's little hand is on the... Right Sleep would be the smart thing right now!!!

Okay...today...what did I do that showed love!!! I helped a hispanic woman with her children at the imunization clinic...I speak a little spanish and her kids were adorable!!! She had her hands full, so I played with them while others looked at her like they were better than her!!!

I donated 10 books to the library for their get America Reading program for the Elementary school!!!

I offered my time for this Saturday to work on baked goods to send to Iraq...along with little notes that I like to pack with (you guessed it)hugs and kisses!!!

I smiled at every person I met on the street and said hello!!! That is one thing that everyone could do some more of!!!

Comment

We have a neighbor on our north side that has 20 acres and a fence along the street. Everybody's crap/trash etc... blows up against his fence.

This weekend, we pull together to help him clean it up. Another small gesture to share some LOVE.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
                Okay...this in not really catching on...of course Mickey's big hand is on the...and Mickey's little hand is on the... Right Sleep would be the smart thing right now!!!

Okay...today...what did I do that showed love!!! I helped a hispanic woman with her children at the imunization clinic...I speak a little spanish and her kids were adorable!!! She had her hands full, so I played with them while others looked at her like they were better than her!!!

I donated 10 books to the library for their get America Reading program for the Elementary school!!!

I offered my time for this Saturday to work on baked goods to send to Iraq...along with little notes that I like to pack with (you guessed it)hugs and kisses!!!

I smiled at every person I met on the street and said hello!!! That is one thing that everyone could do some more of!!!
                Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Share the LOVE.

I especially like you helping with the baked goods for the troops in Iraq. :clap:

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I'm supposed to say how I shared some love?

Well, every Christmas (near then at least), I empty my wallet, no matter the amount in there, into those Salvation Army bins.

I took out the garbage today. Rare feat by me.

I also gave some things to someone last night. I hope the shampoo I gave today helps......

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                    Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Share the LOVE.

I especially like you helping with the baked goods for the troops in Iraq. :clap:
                    Once a month!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                      Oh, I'm supposed to say how I shared some love?
                      I think it's a good direction for the thread. Spread the LOVE. Show the LOVE. We could all do our part to smile and say hello to passing people in a Wal-Mart parking lot, shopping mall or favorite eatery.

sigpic

Comment

Other ways I show the LOVE...

I go to the nursing home in town and sing to them once a week!!! They seem to like it and then I read them some inspirational poems I like!!! I get more and more people to leave their room every week and this week we are doing a sing along!!!

Everytime I go to the hospital...I go and read to the children that are there and I make necklaces and bracelets with them!!! That is about once a month...sometimes twice!!! If I'm admitted for any reason...I spend all the time I can out of my room on the childrens floor!!!

I donate food and clothing and goods to the local shelter every year!!!

I donate food to the Nebraska can care-a-van every year!!!

I donate several toys to toys for tots!!!

I donate time and energy to promoting the education of Lupus...do you all know what it is...want to???

Donate food to one of the pet and animal shelters!!!

Get groceries for some of the older ladies in town so they don't have to worry about getting them all in!!!

Okay...Mayberry like, I know but when the town has it's "social" I watch the kids while the adults are crazy and stupid...

Why does it feel like so much more...
                        Last edited by shanniefly; 04-17-2007, 12:17 AM.

Comment

I cooked dinner tonight. The family didn't go hungry.

Hey, it's 3am. That's all I got.

Good night, all.
                          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

WOW Shannie. You are a real hero! You do so much and you think you don't? You spread the LOVE in many ways. Good for you.

We adopt a family or child at Christmas every year.

I have adopted a soldier in Iraq whom I email too.

We always help neighbors ( except for one ) if they need it.

We donate food and clothes all the time for the various charities when they have their drives.

Every time a Boy Scout or Girl Scout comes to the door and is selling something, we buy it whether we need it or not. We just can't say no. LOL. Support their cause.

We get letters from New Orleans asking for more money. Sometimes we respond to that (Red Cross). We made a healthy donation right after Katrina.

Well, it's time to get to bed and share some LOVE with my wife.

Good Night Everyone!

sigpic

Comment

Shannie is really good listening to me complain about girls.
                              My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                              . Post Your Artwork .
                              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X