X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bengaaaaals1688
    replied
    Originally posted by Davii
    Article isn't specific enough to say it wasn't. Food on the table. didn't say there was a seven course meal with place settings, sliverware, folded napkins, and glasses of wine.

Could've been a bag of bread and a jar of peanut butter. Or tupperware. who knows?

Maybe they left because of the shredded sail?
    True, but the article did say that the table was set and ready for eating, so I assumed that more than likely it meant that it was all on plates and in front of chairs and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Davii
    replied
    Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
    Couldn't be because then the food would have been moved as well.
    Article isn't specific enough to say it wasn't. Food on the table. didn't say there was a seven course meal with place settings, sliverware, folded napkins, and glasses of wine.

Could've been a bag of bread and a jar of peanut butter. Or tupperware. who knows?

Maybe they left because of the shredded sail?

Leave a comment:

• bengaaaaals1688
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
    I know. I found this story so bizarre. Did they possibly hit a huge wave that sent them all flying overboard? That seems to be the only logical explanation.

Truly odd especially with the motor running, computer on, food ready to eat etc....

It's like POOF they are gone.
    Couldn't be because then the food would have been moved as well.

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Send for Mulder & Scully

That there's some spooky.....

Actually there's probably a very logical explanation............although what it may be escapes me.

I did see a very good documentary a year or so about the Mary Celeste, with the great-grandaughter of the MC's captain..........

The final theory was that the crew were worried that the ship was going to explode due to a build up in alchol fumes (her cargo). So, following standard procedure for the time, the crew took to the life boat, which was tethered to the ship, the idea being that they could reboard after a reasonable and safe time period.

Unfortunately, there was an explosion,which blew the cargo hatch off, but didn't cause a fire. But somehow, the tether broke or came loose, and the Marie Celeste drifted off..........................

Personally, I'm going for Aliens

Leave a comment:

• CHARLIEADAMSFAN
    replied
    maybe they did this of rsome type of publicity and are gonna come out and be like yea we r okay btw buy this.....

Leave a comment:

• Davii
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
    I know. I found this story so bizarre. Did they possibly hit a huge wave that sent them all flying overboard? That seems to be the only logical explanation.

Truly odd especially with the motor running, computer on, food ready to eat etc....

Not necesarrily. It did mention that there were no life rafts found and the seas were rough. Is it possible that they feared the ship was being tossed too much and abandoned? Is it possible they faked their own deaths?

Weird.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by SeeingRed
    That's so bizarre. I wonder if some pirates took 'em? Anything is possible in the vast emptiness that is the sea.
    I thought the same thing but like TO said, nothing was taken. Or was it? Maybe they were hauling drugs?

Leave a comment:

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    Originally posted by SeeingRed
    That's so bizarre. I wonder if some pirates took 'em? Anything is possible in the vast emptiness that is the sea.

You'd think pirates would loot the ship, though. They said there was GPS stuff, laptops, cell phones...really wierd.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    Wow...dont know what to make of it except: ALIENS

Seriously, that's one of the things that make the sea simply amazing. Who know's?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    started a topic Ghost Ship Near Australia

Ghost Ship Near Australia

'Ghost Ship' Found off Coast of Australia
    No Sign of Crew Leaves Rescuers Puzzled

SYDNEY (April 20) - Australian rescuers were on Friday trying to solve the "Mary Celeste" style mystery of a yacht found floating off the coast with its engine running, food on its table ready to eat, but no crew.

Mystery at Sea

The "Mary Celeste," a 36-foot catamaran was found 80 nautical miles off Australia's northeast coast with no sign of its crew.

The 12-meter (36 feet) catamaran was found 80 nautical miles off Townsville on the northeast coast, but there was no sign of the three crewmen who had set sail from Queensland state bound for Australia's west coast on Sunday.

"What they found was a bit strange in that everything was normal, there was just no sign of the crew," Jon Hall from emergency management in Queensland told local radio on Friday.

Hall said the yacht's sails were up but one was badly shredded. He said the engine was running, there was food on the table, a laptop was turned on, and the radio and global positioning satellite (GPS) were working.

Three life jackets and survival equipment, including an emergency beacon, were found on board, but no life rafts.

The Mary Celeste was an abandoned "ghost ship" found off the coast of Portugal in 1872. None of the Mary Celeste's crew or passengers were ever found.

The KAZ 11 was spotted adrift on the outer Great Barrier Reef on Wednesday. Rescue crews boarded the vessel on Friday but there was no sign of the three crew men, aged 56, 63 and 69.

Police said weather conditions at sea on Sunday and Monday were rough. "There was a fair sort of a wind out there but it's improved since then, so who knows what could've happened," said Police Chief Superintendent Roy Wall,.

Rescuers have retrieved the boat's GPS system to analyze data for clues to the mysterious disappearance of the crew.

"That will now enable us to track backwards where this yacht has actually been in the last few days, and we're hoping that can pinpoint the search area for the missing crew," said Hall.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001
Working...
X