Clear All

• hmmm?

whats the longest anyone can get banned for

Rest in peace Darrent

permanently... (spelling?)

Comment

Originally posted by drummerguy247
      whats the longest anyone can get banned for
      Actually, we don't have any permabans on our site.

It's just that the ninety year ban is a doozy.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl

hahaha

Rest in peace Darrent

Comment

That's pretty funny...but its all based off IP address, correct?
          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO

That's pretty funny...but its all based off IP address, correct?
            Just like any message boards, we can ban email addresses used to start the account, ip addresses and address ranges and usernames.

If somebody wants to enough, they can bypass all of these and create a new account from a different IP. If they behave on the second account, we would never know. If they misbehave, we could end up banning the second one as well.

Of course, if they start to behave, we don't really care if they were banned before.

And we haven't really permabanned many people. And the few that have been permabanned had been given a good number of chances.

Really, we want everyone to be a member that contributes and enriches the boards. As mods, we don't want to ban anybody really, but sometimes we feel the need to. And I am usually happy when somebody appologizes for inappropriate behavior and returns.

Also, sometimes a vacation from the internet can do a person good. A week away from Broncomania isn't the worst thing to endure. If you spend too much time here, it can even be refreshing.

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Just like any message boards, we can ban email addresses used to start the account, ip addresses and address ranges and usernames.

If somebody wants to enough, they can bypass all of these and create a new account from a different IP. If they behave on the second account, we would never know. If they misbehave, we could end up banning the second one as well.

Of course, if they start to behave, we don't really care if they were banned before.

And we haven't really permabanned many people. And the few that have been permabanned had been given a good number of chances.

Really, we want everyone to be a member that contributes and enriches the boards. As mods, we don't want to ban anybody really, but sometimes we feel the need to. And I am usually happy when somebody appologizes for inappropriate behavior and returns.

Also, sometimes a vacation from the internet can do a person good. A week away from Broncomania isn't the worst thing to endure. If you spend too much time here, it can even be refreshing.
              well that leaves me out then.

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp
                well that leaves me out then.

We can make an exception for you.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                . Post Your Artwork .
                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

We can make an exception for you.
                  thanks AO

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

I sort of banned myself for 2 months over the summer.

Well not really, my family moved to a new house and my parents were to lazy to order the internet for the computer.

Comment

Proxies dont work on this site huh?? lol

But thanks for explaining some stuff AO.

Usually only trolls that come in and say: Donkeys suck and post stupid stuff in gameday threads get perma banned as well I think.

I use to think this site was too strict but I dont think its that bad anymore :salute;

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
                        Proxies dont work on this site huh?? lol

But thanks for explaining some stuff AO.

Usually only trolls that come in and say: Donkeys suck and post stupid stuff in gameday threads get perma banned as well I think.

I use to think this site was too strict but I dont think its that bad anymore :salute;
                        Proxies work on all sites. Well, unless the proxies are banned of course.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                        . Post Your Artwork .
                        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Proxies work on all sites. Well, unless the proxies are banned of course.
                          I use proxies on other sites. I havnt tried on this site. But I have no need too

This sites official though so I'm sure you guys can see past proxies.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
                            I use proxies on other sites. I havnt tried on this site. But I have no need too

This sites official though so I'm sure you guys can see past proxies.
                            Not really.

The thing is that proxies just relay messages, so you can't see past them.

A good analogy would be if you sent your friend Beth to give Ruth a message. Well, when Beth is walking up to Ruth, there is no way for Ruth to tell that the message is coming from you. All she sees is Beth.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                            . Post Your Artwork .
                            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Not really.

The thing is that proxies just relay messages, so you can't see past them.

A good analogy would be if you sent your friend Beth to give Ruth a message. Well, when Beth is walking up to Ruth, there is no way for Ruth to tell that the message is coming from you. All she sees is Beth.
                              Yea

Most sites you can easily tell that someone is using a proxy.

I thought some sites you could see the IP behind it

Guess I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X