Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hmmm?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hmmm?

    whats the longest anyone can get banned for


    Rest in peace Darrent

  • #2
    permanently... (spelling?)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by drummerguy247
      whats the longest anyone can get banned for
      Actually, we don't have any permabans on our site.

      It's just that the ninety year ban is a doozy.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

      . . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
        Actually, we don't have any permabans on our site.

        It's just that the ninety year ban is a doozy.


        hahaha


        Rest in peace Darrent

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
          Actually, we don't have any permabans on our site.

          It's just that the ninety year ban is a doozy.




          That's pretty funny...but its all based off IP address, correct?
          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SmithOverTO



            That's pretty funny...but its all based off IP address, correct?
            Just like any message boards, we can ban email addresses used to start the account, ip addresses and address ranges and usernames.

            If somebody wants to enough, they can bypass all of these and create a new account from a different IP. If they behave on the second account, we would never know. If they misbehave, we could end up banning the second one as well.

            Of course, if they start to behave, we don't really care if they were banned before.

            And we haven't really permabanned many people. And the few that have been permabanned had been given a good number of chances.

            Really, we want everyone to be a member that contributes and enriches the boards. As mods, we don't want to ban anybody really, but sometimes we feel the need to. And I am usually happy when somebody appologizes for inappropriate behavior and returns.

            Also, sometimes a vacation from the internet can do a person good. A week away from Broncomania isn't the worst thing to endure. If you spend too much time here, it can even be refreshing.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

            . . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
              Just like any message boards, we can ban email addresses used to start the account, ip addresses and address ranges and usernames.

              If somebody wants to enough, they can bypass all of these and create a new account from a different IP. If they behave on the second account, we would never know. If they misbehave, we could end up banning the second one as well.

              Of course, if they start to behave, we don't really care if they were banned before.

              And we haven't really permabanned many people. And the few that have been permabanned had been given a good number of chances.

              Really, we want everyone to be a member that contributes and enriches the boards. As mods, we don't want to ban anybody really, but sometimes we feel the need to. And I am usually happy when somebody appologizes for inappropriate behavior and returns.

              Also, sometimes a vacation from the internet can do a person good. A week away from Broncomania isn't the worst thing to endure. If you spend too much time here, it can even be refreshing.
              well that leaves me out then.


















































              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
              Adopted player Lindsey

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Saddletramp
                well that leaves me out then.




                We can make an exception for you.
                My adopted fan is dogfish

                . . . . . . . . . . .
                . Post Your Artwork .
                . . . . . . . . . . .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                  We can make an exception for you.
                  thanks AO




































                  [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                  Adopted player Lindsey

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I sort of banned myself for 2 months over the summer.


                    Well not really, my family moved to a new house and my parents were to lazy to order the internet for the computer.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Proxies dont work on this site huh?? lol

                      But thanks for explaining some stuff AO.


                      Usually only trolls that come in and say: Donkeys suck and post stupid stuff in gameday threads get perma banned as well I think.

                      I use to think this site was too strict but I dont think its that bad anymore :salute;

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
                        Proxies dont work on this site huh?? lol

                        But thanks for explaining some stuff AO.


                        Usually only trolls that come in and say: Donkeys suck and post stupid stuff in gameday threads get perma banned as well I think.

                        I use to think this site was too strict but I dont think its that bad anymore :salute;
                        Proxies work on all sites. Well, unless the proxies are banned of course.
                        My adopted fan is dogfish

                        . . . . . . . . . . .
                        . Post Your Artwork .
                        . . . . . . . . . . .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                          Proxies work on all sites. Well, unless the proxies are banned of course.
                          I use proxies on other sites. I havnt tried on this site. But I have no need too

                          This sites official though so I'm sure you guys can see past proxies.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
                            I use proxies on other sites. I havnt tried on this site. But I have no need too

                            This sites official though so I'm sure you guys can see past proxies.
                            Not really.

                            The thing is that proxies just relay messages, so you can't see past them.

                            A good analogy would be if you sent your friend Beth to give Ruth a message. Well, when Beth is walking up to Ruth, there is no way for Ruth to tell that the message is coming from you. All she sees is Beth.
                            My adopted fan is dogfish

                            . . . . . . . . . . .
                            . Post Your Artwork .
                            . . . . . . . . . . .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                              Not really.

                              The thing is that proxies just relay messages, so you can't see past them.

                              A good analogy would be if you sent your friend Beth to give Ruth a message. Well, when Beth is walking up to Ruth, there is no way for Ruth to tell that the message is coming from you. All she sees is Beth.
                              Yea

                              Most sites you can easily tell that someone is using a proxy.

                              I thought some sites you could see the IP behind it

                              Guess I was wrong.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X