Dog problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog problems

all four of my dogs have round worms. and i really dont have the dough to take them to the vet. i was wondering if someone on here knew of something that oculd help me. as far as something you have tried or know works in getting rid of them. if not looks like i am gonna get stuck with a large vet bill lol.

Thanks in advance
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
    all four of my dogs have round worms. and i really dont have the dough to take them to the vet. i was wondering if someone on here knew of something that oculd help me. as far as something you have tried or know works in getting rid of them. if not looks like i am gonna get stuck with a large vet bill lol.

Thanks in advance
    NATURAL DIET AND NATURAL MEDICINE FOR PETS
    by: Sharon Kopinak, DVM

WORMS For tape worms in cats, use ground pumpkin seeds. Put a teaspoon of ground pumpkin seeds in his food every day. Actually cats like pumpkin seeds. If he's got a real pot belly, he may be full of round worms or he may have been eating garbage. If you're perfectly sure of the kind of worm, you can use the natural de-wormers like the wormwood and black walnut combinations. You just use a pinch of wormwood for a cat. It's such a small amount and it's very convenient. You would have to give it for about a month - it's going to take time. You can also use the chemical pyrantel, which is very safe. By the way, the natural de-worming combination is deadly for horses.

http://www.consumerhealth.org/articl...20060228185653
    might work for dogs as well. Call your vet to make sure that either of these rememdies is safe for dogs.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 04-23-2007, 07:53 PM.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Those poor babies!

Call your vet. Maybe he'll want you to bring in stool samples by dropping them by the office. Let him know you cannot afford a vet bill and see what he suggests. Most vets are excellent at helping in harder times.

I have not had a pet who has had worms. Are your dogs tummies real large and extended? Are their appetites enormous?

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get help and soon.
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
        Those poor babies!

Call your vet. Maybe he'll want you to bring in stool samples by dropping them by the office. Let him know you cannot afford a vet bill and see what he suggests. Most vets are excellent at helping in harder times.

I have not had a pet who has had worms. Are your dogs tummies real large and extended? Are their appetites enormous?

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get help and soon.
        yep, then suddenly that visit to the vet costs around 80 bucks just for taking the time to look at the dog not to mention other stupid fee's they put on your bill

seriously your better off going to petsmart and asking an employee about that, my sister bought one of those medicines for the worms when they belly get big at petsmart and it worked.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
          yep, then suddenly that visit to the vet costs around 80 bucks just for taking the time to look at the dog not to mention other stupid fee's they put on your bill

seriously your better off going to petsmart and asking an employee about that, my sister bought one of those medicines for the worms when they belly get big at petsmart and it worked.
          I didn't suggest he takes the dogs to the vet. I suggested the vet might want him to drop the stool samples off to confirm the type of worm.

Not only that, but I'd make sure you don't have to treat the yard or their bedding, etc. as well. I'd want to make sure I wasn't in this situation again any time soon.
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

the vet-- 'oh yea, you have to bring the dogs in'

Just like fox news......

sigpic

Comment

the vet-- 'oh yea, you have to bring the dogs in'

Just like fox news......

werent you just talking about haters in the house????
              Last edited by Saddletramp; 04-23-2007, 08:55 PM.
              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp
                werent you just talking about haters in the house????
                Yea i was captain obvious...and what does that have to do with this ??
                sigpic

Comment

Yea i was captain obvious...and what does that have to do with this ??
                  if you have to ask never mind.
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

[QUOTE=His Wife]Those poor babies!

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get help and soon. [/QUOTE\]

No there appitites are enormous. and they are getting rather skinny. i have a awesome vet around here. he really has always taken care of me. he is really reasonable. the man is really great. i had my chiuaua attacked by my brother in laws pit. and for x rays and medicine and what not he charged me 50 bucks. i just feel bad when i never have money. the man wont turn noone away. but anyhow i'll give him a jingle tomm.

Comment

Good luck with your doggies...
                      and I know you know but that is
                      something that needs to be taken care of..
                      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

trust me. there is nothing i take more serious then my dogs health. they are my babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                          trust me. there is nothing i take more serious then my dogs health. they are my babies.
                          I understand....I had to have my dog put to sleep on the 11th..
                          she was over 15 years old and we got her when she was 8 weeks old.
                          It broke my heart and I didnt want to let her go but it was her time.

Hope your doggies get better real soon and I know about them
                          vet bills as I have 3 cats...
                          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                            I understand....I had to have my dog put to sleep on the 11th..
                            she was over 15 years old and we got her when she was 8 weeks old.
                            It broke my heart and I didnt want to let her go but it was her time.

Hope your doggies get better real soon and I know about them
                            vet bills as I have 3 cats...
                            sorry to hear about your pup. i guess i could afford it just gonna be tight.. i am not a real big fan of cats. and thank you

Comment

KCL, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It's such a hard thing to do.

Broncosinindy, hope your pups feel/get better and you find an inexpensive way to help them.

The largest vet bill I've ever had was $800+. Cat ate thread that got tangled throughout her intestines. My choices were to have her put down or surgery. I chose surgery and cried all the way home. People made fun of me (it's just a cat) but, 18 years later, she's still here.
                              Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X