• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a father.....Jerk

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/25/kid...ive/index.html
    • Kentucky man was arrested in Mexico after more than a year on the run
    • Byron Perkins was released from jail to donate a kidney to his son
    • He never showed up for the final day of hospital testing
    • Perkins was awaiting possible life sentence for drug, weapon and other charges

(CNN) -- A Kentucky man who had been on the lam for more than a year after he was released from jail to donate a kidney to his son was captured in Mexico on Wednesday, a deputy U.S. Marshal said.

Byron Perkins and his girlfriend, Lee Ann Howard, were captured in Puerto Vallarta on Mexico's Pacific coast, said Deputy U.S. Marshal Dawn Izgarjan.

The pair was en route to Los Angeles, California, where they would face an initial court appearance Thursday, said Izgarjan.

Perkins -- who had been awaiting a possible life sentence after he was convicted on drug, weapon and other charges -- got out of jail without bond in January 2006 so he could undergo testing before donating a kidney to his teenage son, Destin.

Izgarjan, who was in the courtroom when Perkins asked to be released, said everyone thought he was being sincere.

"He was crying. He was just literally begging the judge," Izgarjan said. "He told the judge, 'My son is going to die if I don't give him this kidney. He's so sick right now.' "

Perkins, who had served seven years for bank robbery, even left behind a letter promising he would "come through" for his son, who needed dialysis.

But on the final day of hospital testing, Perkins did not show up.

"You know he ran," said Destin's mother, Angela Hammond. "It doesn't say much about his feelings for Destin." Destin eventually received a kidney transplant from an anonymous cadaver donor.

Perkins was not wearing a tracking ankle bracelet because doctors told the court it would have interfered with medical tests.

Izgarjan said that Perkins and Howard had been in Puerto Vallarta for the past three days.

Before that, they had been in Mexico's Colima state in a town near Manzanillo, further south along the coast, she said. She had no details on how the pair survived during their long period on the run.
    I was watching CNN, his son said he has no remorse for his father being sent back to jail.

wow, imagine how the kid felt when he was so proud of his dad for being the hero, and then he runs away. what a ****head. asswipe. jerk. meanyhead. wow that is so sad
    white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
    you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
    smart fans, eh?

Comment

Thats one of the worst things I've ever heard. I would do anything for my girls!!

What a scumbag!

Comment

Wow. A sick man. That's just wrong.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
        2. Taxes
        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47
          Thats one of the worst things I've ever heard. I would do anything for my girls!!

What a scumbag!
          anything??

would you cook a roast dinner with no roast potatoes?!?!

would you build a laser gun ship from 3 strings and a party cup?!?!?

would you even kill anton for them??

yeah...

i didnt think so...

sigpic

Comment

That is just plain stupid. What a messed up father.

I hope he gets jail for life. Let him rot in there.

Comment

I don't get it. They just let him out of prison on his own recognizance? With a life sentence? Why the hell didn't they assign somebody to guard him whenever he wasn't in prison?

Obviously what he did sucked but to just trust the guy to come back is pretty stupid on the part of our legal system, IMO.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I don't think there is a word in the english language to describe him.
                sigpic

Comment

One father worse than Alec Baldwin. And that takes a bit of work.
                  sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                  SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                    I don't get it. They just let him out of prison on his own recognizance? With a life sentence? Why the hell didn't they assign somebody to guard him whenever he wasn't in prison?

Obviously what he did sucked but to just trust the guy to come back is pretty stupid on the part of our legal system, IMO.
                    That was my thinking..

If anyone's to blame.. it's the judge for not assigning anyone(like you said) to him.

but, whatever.. glad the kid got his transplant regardless.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
                      anything??

would you cook a roast dinner with no roast potatoes?!?!

would you build a laser gun ship from 3 strings and a party cup?!?!?

would you even kill anton for them??

yeah...

i didnt think so...

Anton..Anton..Anton.. You know I couldnt do that I ment to save them when they were in torouble I would always be there to help them...

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47

Anton..Anton..Anton.. You know I couldnt do that I ment to save them when they were in torouble I would always be there to help them...
                        Which one couldn't you do? The roast or the laser gun ship?

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                        ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

That's awful.

That's just plain wrong.

And the fact he's from KY makes this area look bad.
                          We're not all like that, I hope you all know.
                          COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
                            That's awful.

That's just plain wrong.

And the fact he's from KY makes this area look bad.
                            We're not all like that, I hope you all know.
                            I wouldn't say it makes KY look bad. There are bad people everywhere on this planet.

However, I do think you should've said "Y'all" in that last sentence. Just to fit the KY stereotype, that's all.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                            ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                              I wouldn't say it makes KY look bad. There are bad people everywhere on this planet.

However, I do think you should've said "Y'all" in that last sentence. Just to fit the KY stereotype, that's all.
                              I've tried to lose the accent.
                              Alas...

Something funny-
                              People with the accent who speak proper english.
                              It throws others off a bit.

So to make Davii happy, I'll say hey y'all!

Hey Y'all! S'up?

And Git R Dun...
                              COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Working...
                              X