A WhoDey update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A WhoDey update

A few of you may have noticed that I haven't been around that much. There are a variety of reasons for my disappearance lately. The vast majority of them don't have anything to do directly with any sort of aversion I might have to this place lately (although the break has been good for me). Here's what's up:

1. School is ridiculous. I've taken an internship with the school's newspaper, and they have me writing 3-4 articles a week. It doesn't sound like much, but each article takes a bare minimum of 3 hours to produce (1 hour for each of the following: information gathering and interviews, transcription and writing), so it takes up a ton of my time.
    2. When I hop online, it's usually for research for my classes. I have a page design class this quarter that I thought would be a piece of cake, but it's actually whooping my butt because the software we use (Adobe InDesign CS2) is only available on like 3 computers on campus, and the software bundle is unbelievably expensive, so I can't do my work for this class at home. Hence, no posting for me during the day.
    3. I'm about to get even MORE busy next week - I will be starting my summer internship with a local magazine on Monday, and while I'm totally stoked, that's an additional 15 hours of work per week that I won't be getting paid for.
    4. I only get like 10-15 hours from my job every week, but that's about to change.

I'm going insane.

It's fun, but it's stressful.

So yeah, for the 3 of you that might care, that's where I disappeared to.

Don't forget about me, because I'm thinking I won't be around much for quite a while. :wave:
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    A few of you may have noticed that I haven't been around that much. There are a variety of reasons for my disappearance lately. The vast majority of them don't have anything to do directly with any sort of aversion I might have to this place lately (although the break has been good for me). Here's what's up:

1. School is ridiculous. I've taken an internship with the school's newspaper, and they have me writing 3-4 articles a week. It doesn't sound like much, but each article takes a bare minimum of 3 hours to produce (1 hour for each of the following: information gathering and interviews, transcription and writing), so it takes up a ton of my time.
    2. When I hop online, it's usually for research for my classes. I have a page design class this quarter that I thought would be a piece of cake, but it's actually whooping my butt because the software we use (Adobe InDesign CS2) is only available on like 3 computers on campus, and the software bundle is unbelievably expensive, so I can't do my work for this class at home. Hence, no posting for me during the day.
    3. I'm about to get even MORE busy next week - I will be starting my summer internship with a local magazine on Monday, and while I'm totally stoked, that's an additional 15 hours of work per week that I won't be getting paid for.
    4. I only get like 10-15 hours from my job every week, but that's about to change.

I'm going insane.

Don't forget about me, because I'm thinking I won't be around much for quite a while. :wave:

Gotta do what you gotta do.
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I'm going insane.

Sounds like you're keeping busy at least Whodey. Hope everything turns out well for you, and no worries, Broncomania will be here when you return!

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Hope you show your face sometime soon,
        Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

One of these torrents might let you download that adobe program for free:

http://torrentportal.com/torrents-se...cat=0&exclude=
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

I'm going insane.

You could NEVER be forgotten, Dear WhoDey!!! :nono:

It sounds like you have alot on your plate and then some...so, we understand!

Im Glad that you excited for your new internship, just sux not getting paid!

I wish you the best of luck in your classes and getting everything done...and also with your new Internship! Im sure that you will do fine!

You should see if they will let you start a new "Ask WhoDey" Weekly Column...

Have Fun and Good Luck, Dear!!
            Snk16!!
            VulcanGLF2

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
              One of these torrents might let you download that adobe program for free:

http://torrentportal.com/torrents-se...cat=0&exclude=

I did the 30 day trial of this.....though I was lost once I got it. But if it's for a short term class it might work out great for ya Whodey!

We miss ya around here, but it sounds like you are gone for good reason...Keep up the good work!
              Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I love you Whodey. I really do.
                ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
                  I love you Whodey. I really do.

Ah, so you dig the older gents, eh?

Whodey, oddly, I was JUST thinking: "I haven't seen him post. Did I miss something?"

And lo and behold, you post explaining it.

At least I knwo it wasn't just a feeling that you hadn't posted, but that it was, in fact, that you hadn't posted.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

Hugs and kisses and lots of WUB!!! Have you talked to Geoff any more???

You know where to find me!!! Of course I miss my Mattie, but because I have a "horrible sense of timing"...I will let him contact me!!!

Comment

You know, this would not be happening if you had stayed.

You would be fed, you would be clothed, sure....you would have to occasionally perform tricks to my liking while wearing some of my underthingies, but I think you would have been truly happy.

The offer still stands. I'll go and clean out the bong & get the pancake mix ready....just in case.
                      COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
                        You know, this would not be happening if you had stayed.

You would be fed, you would be clothed, sure....you would have to occasionally perform tricks to my liking while wearing some of my underthingies, but I think you would have been truly happy.

The offer still stands. I'll go and clean out the bong & get the pancake mix ready....just in case.

ooh, ooh, where can i sign up for this.

oh and as for you whodey, havent been much in the charger chant or patsie board but if i get in their before you, i'll miss ya the same
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Can't forget the Bengals fan turned Broncos fan.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

WhoDey was missing?

I haven't been here much either though.

Did anyone notice?
                            Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 16milehigh87
                              WhoDey was missing?

I haven't been here much either though.

Did anyone notice?
                              not until he told everybody he had been gone.
                              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Working...
                              X