A WhoDey update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    A few of you may have noticed that I haven't been around that much. There are a variety of reasons for my disappearance lately. The vast majority of them don't have anything to do directly with any sort of aversion I might have to this place lately (although the break has been good for me). Here's what's up:

1. School is ridiculous. I've taken an internship with the school's newspaper, and they have me writing 3-4 articles a week. It doesn't sound like much, but each article takes a bare minimum of 3 hours to produce (1 hour for each of the following: information gathering and interviews, transcription and writing), so it takes up a ton of my time.
    2. When I hop online, it's usually for research for my classes. I have a page design class this quarter that I thought would be a piece of cake, but it's actually whooping my butt because the software we use (Adobe InDesign CS2) is only available on like 3 computers on campus, and the software bundle is unbelievably expensive, so I can't do my work for this class at home. Hence, no posting for me during the day.
    3. I'm about to get even MORE busy next week - I will be starting my summer internship with a local magazine on Monday, and while I'm totally stoked, that's an additional 15 hours of work per week that I won't be getting paid for.
    4. I only get like 10-15 hours from my job every week, but that's about to change.

I'm going insane.

It's fun, but it's stressful.

So yeah, for the 3 of you that might care, that's where I disappeared to.

Don't forget about me, because I'm thinking I won't be around much for quite a while. :wave:
    I'll miss ya Uncle WhoDey. Be sure to come here when you can
    sigpic

Comment

Who Dey, you can count me in on your list of “miss-ter-ner’s.” Journalism is your forte’, and do what it takes to achieve your goal.

“Ask Who Dey" was a great parody on advice columns. Personally, I miss it.

I’ve been thinkin’ of takin’ a hiatus from this here forum, myself (at least ‘til the regular season returns… at which time, I’ll prolly only post/vent in the actual main football forums).

If it is any comfort to you at all, please remember that the Bengals are on my elite list of “most hated teams.”

I usta hate the Raiders, but now I have only pity in my heart for them.

I usta hate the Chiefs, but they just defeat themselves in recent years…

I usta hate the Bengals, ‘til the kicker bungled that field goal…

Anyway, I’m ramblin’ here.

It’s a shame to get flashbacks to football on an “Anything But Football” forum.

We must be getting’ close to the pre-season.

You just keep on doing what you do, and I’ll see you in the regular season, my man. :thumb:
      Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

do your thing friend... i'll be waiting...
        sigpic

Comment

Wow! Good luck with all that stuff! Make sure to have a beer or two. All work and no play.....

Had any new brews lately?

;);)

Watch out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
            A few of you may have noticed that I haven't been around that much. There are a variety of reasons for my disappearance lately. The vast majority of them don't have anything to do directly with any sort of aversion I might have to this place lately (although the break has been good for me). Here's what's up:

1. School is ridiculous. I've taken an internship with the school's newspaper, and they have me writing 3-4 articles a week. It doesn't sound like much, but each article takes a bare minimum of 3 hours to produce (1 hour for each of the following: information gathering and interviews, transcription and writing), so it takes up a ton of my time.
            2. When I hop online, it's usually for research for my classes. I have a page design class this quarter that I thought would be a piece of cake, but it's actually whooping my butt because the software we use (Adobe InDesign CS2) is only available on like 3 computers on campus, and the software bundle is unbelievably expensive, so I can't do my work for this class at home. Hence, no posting for me during the day.
            3. I'm about to get even MORE busy next week - I will be starting my summer internship with a local magazine on Monday, and while I'm totally stoked, that's an additional 15 hours of work per week that I won't be getting paid for.
            4. I only get like 10-15 hours from my job every week, but that's about to change.

I'm going insane.

It's fun, but it's stressful.

So yeah, for the 3 of you that might care, that's where I disappeared to.

Don't forget about me, because I'm thinking I won't be around much for quite a while. :wave:
            Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. I did send you an e-mail earlier to find out what was up. I've been out of college for a while but I remember how insane I was by my Senior year, so I can thoroughly empathize with your situation. I really miss your creative and intelligent posts, but if you have to slow down a bit, a man's got to do what a man's got to do. I really wish you the very best in all of your endeavors. We will certainly not forget about you. Drop me a line now and again as time permits.

Comment

Working...
            X