Broncomania Spellchecker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncomania Spellchecker

I was thinking about it, and I've decided that we need to add two administrative functions to Broncomania.

4 1337 fi173r and a spell checker.

I'd say filtering that crap is actually more important than getting rid of all the frackin curse words...

What's the latest word to catch my attention? Obcess - which I believe is an amalgamation of the words abscess and obsess.

abscess - a collection of pus that has accumulated in a cavity formed by the tissue on the basis of an infectious process (usually caused by bacteria or parasites) or other foreign materials (e.g. splinters or bullet wounds). It is a defensive reaction of the tissue to prevent the spread of infectious materials to other parts of the body.

obsess - 1. to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (a person); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally: Suspicion obsessed him.

Therefore, the word obcess must mean to have your thoughts, feelings and desires toward a collection of pus dominate your thoughts.

Meh...just a thought

Congratulate being misspelled is something I have noticed a lot recently.

But nah, I don't think we need a spell checker. Sometimes misspelling is intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
      Congratulate being misspelled is something I have noticed a lot recently.

But nah, I don't think we need a spell checker. Sometimes misspelling is intentional.

There are only two words I mispell consisently: defintely...and immedaitely. And both look wrong

Its the ditlys that get me
      Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

It's been brought up before, and admin was looking into it last I heard...
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I am not proud that I did not learn to write correctly or spell correctly, but I suck at it.

Comment

Seriously...Joking...

Um, maybe this thread should turn into a top ten ways to find out you're not funny. Feel free to assist this countdown or just mock my really poor sense of humor

I meant this to be a joke, but since it got seriously replies, we'll say:

Top 10:

Number 10 - start a thread and NO ONE knows it was a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by dare2bme
              Um, maybe this thread should turn into a top ten ways to find out you're not funny. Feel free to assist this countdown or just mock my really poor sense of humor

Top 10:

Sorry, I was too busy working out your sig
              Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Top 10:

Sorry dare2bme, it didn't sound like a joke at all

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                  Sorry dare2bme, it didn't sound like a joke at all
                  yeah. same here.

Comment

If you guys could've heard it in my head....GOD it was funny

:lame-O:

:hiding:

Comment

Dare... i thought it was hilarious.

Specially Obcess...
                      sigpic

Comment

use firefox all you hobos...

it has automatic spell check...

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about it, and I've decided that we need to add two administrative functions to Broncomania.

4 1337 fi173r and a spell checker.

I'd say filtering that crap is actually more important than getting rid of all the frackin curse words...

What's the latest word to catch my attention? Obcess - which I believe is an amalgamation of the words abscess and obsess.

abscess - a collection of pus that has accumulated in a cavity formed by the tissue on the basis of an infectious process (usually caused by bacteria or parasites) or other foreign materials (e.g. splinters or bullet wounds). It is a defensive reaction of the tissue to prevent the spread of infectious materials to other parts of the body.

obsess - 1. to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (a person); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally: Suspicion obsessed him.

Therefore, the word obcess must mean to have your thoughts, feelings and desires toward a collection of pus dominate your thoughts.

Meh...just a thought
                          well an automatic spell check would be nice. of course if you really care windows comes with spell check.
                          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                          Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
                            use firefox all you hobos...

it has automatic spell check...

fo reals
                            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

I'd love a spell cheker. I often type too fast and make spelling errors. Then I look back and notice them and edit like twelve times to fix them all. It'd be nice to not edit almost all of my posts. I'm way too lazy to just preview them...

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Working...
                              X