Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some computer help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need some computer help

    I'm having a problem. Recently I have been addicted to House M.D. and in order to catch up on the episodes, I have been watching them online.

    Problem is, my computer won't load whatever most of the sites are using.

    Instead of loading the video, a blank screen pops up with a small symbol in the upper left corner (a piece of paper with a circle, square, and triangle).

    What the heck is it, why won't it load, and how do I fix it/where would I go to find out?

  • #2
    Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
    I'm having a problem. Recently I have been addicted to House M.D. and in order to catch up on the episodes, I have been watching them online.

    Problem is, my computer won't load whatever most of the sites are using.

    Instead of loading the video, a blank screen pops up with a small symbol in the upper left corner (a piece of paper with a circle, square, and triangle).

    What the heck is it, why won't it load, and how do I fix it/where would I go to find out?
    What website are you using to watch it?
    the space that is mine



    We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
      I'm having a problem. Recently I have been addicted to House M.D. and in order to catch up on the episodes, I have been watching them online.

      Problem is, my computer won't load whatever most of the sites are using.

      Instead of loading the video, a blank screen pops up with a small symbol in the upper left corner (a piece of paper with a circle, square, and triangle).

      What the heck is it, why won't it load, and how do I fix it/where would I go to find out?
      You may not have the program needed to watch it.

      Do you have the latest versions of flash and stuff?

      Comment


      • #4
        Download Windows Media Player, Quicktime, etc.


        "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
        - Carl Sagan

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tpryce93
          What website are you using to watch it?
          I've tried about 5 different ones. Only two work for me, and one of them doesn't have the episode and the other accidentally put another episode twice.

          alluc.org and tv-links are the two that worked, but now they don't.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
            Download Windows Media Player, Quicktime, etc.
            Got both and both are updated.

            You may not have the program needed to watch it.

            Do you have the latest versions of flash and stuff?
            Could be the case, but I dunno which program that would be.

            I think my flash is updated.

            Comment


            • #7
              Got it, it was the flash player.

              Something was wrong with the one I had so I had to uninstall it and reinstall the newest version.

              Thanks everyone.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                Got both and both are updated.



                Could be the case, but I dunno which program that would be.

                I think my flash is updated.

                You may need to go to microsoft.com and select an "Active X" upgrade, if you don't already have it.
                Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                  I'm having a problem. Recently I have been addicted to House M.D. and in order to catch up on the episodes, I have been watching them online.

                  Problem is, my computer won't load whatever most of the sites are using.

                  Instead of loading the video, a blank screen pops up with a small symbol in the upper left corner (a piece of paper with a circle, square, and triangle).

                  What the heck is it, why won't it load, and how do I fix it/where would I go to find out?

                  I wish I could help you because that is a damn good show.

                  Don't tell us how it is because i haven't seen any of season three yet...

                  wait a minute.. maybe I should do what you're doing!

                  :doh:
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kcarr26
                    I wish I could help you because that is a damn good show.

                    Don't tell us how it is because i haven't seen any of season three yet...

                    wait a minute.. maybe I should do what you're doing!

                    :doh:
                    If you need links, I have plenty of them

                    Most of them have Subtitles though, I think Japanese but I'm not looking too close.

                    I just ignore them and enjoy the show (as it is still in English).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I heard that House gets himself into quite some predicaments this season?

                      ... did you jump to season three.. or watch both seasons 1 and 2?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kcarr26
                        I heard that House gets himself into quite some predicaments this season?

                        ... did you jump to season three.. or watch both seasons 1 and 2?
                        I'm still on season 1, so don't spoil anything!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Oh SNAP!


                          Great season!

                          I have to let you know..

                          When watching season two... You will become so much more addicted to it.

                          It's sad.. the only thing I watch on TV is sports.. until

                          I was introduced to House M.D. and Lost.

                          Don't know if you've seen Lost.. but for me and all my friends who don't really watch much TV.. those are the two shows we've become addicted too.


                          You should give Lost a shot if you haven't already!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kcarr26
                            Oh SNAP!


                            Great season!

                            I have to let you know..

                            When watching season two... You will become so much more addicted to it.

                            It's sad.. the only thing I watch on TV is sports.. until

                            I was introduced to House M.D. and Lost.

                            Don't know if you've seen Lost.. but for me and all my friends who don't really watch much TV.. those are the two shows we've become addicted too.


                            You should give Lost a shot if you haven't already!
                            I did give Lost a shot. Nice show, but not good enough to get me addicted. One of my roomies is addicted though.

                            Another show that made me addicted: Heroes. I love that show!

                            But yea, outside of sports, I don't like TV too much.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                              Got it, it was the flash player.

                              Something was wrong with the one I had so I had to uninstall it and reinstall the newest version.

                              Thanks everyone.

                              I was having trouble with Flash Player today. Told me I needed to install it, so I did. Never worked. Husband comes home, he installs it and it works. I hate computers sometimes.
                              Administrator

                              Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                              Lupus Awareness

                              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X