Question on Orwell's "1984"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Orwell's "1984"

have been procrastinating all semester on reading this book. its actually very interesting and i do want to finish it but with all my other finals i dont think i will have time to read it and write my final paper. my question is...

how similar is the book to the movie?? do you guys think that i will be alright writing a indepth paper on the book with the just cliff notes and the movie? thanks.

Originally posted by specialblend154
    have been procrastinating all semester on reading this book. its actually very interesting and i do want to finish it but with all my other finals i dont think i will have time to read it and write my final paper. my question is...

how similar is the book to the movie?? do you guys think that i will be alright writing a indepth paper on the book with the just cliff notes and the movie? thanks.
    It is fairly similar.

I like both, but I must admit that the movie isn't quite as exciting. But it is fairly close.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
      It is fairly similar.

I like both, but I must admit that the movie isn't quite as exciting. But it is fairly close.

thanks for the info. CP's comming your way!

anyone else have any comments, they are greatly appreciated.

Comment

That is actually one of my favorite novels. BUT I have not seen the movie so I can't help ya there.
        ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
          That is actually one of my favorite novels. BUT I have not seen the movie so I can't help ya there.

yeah like the book alot but im only like 60 pages in and the 10 page paper is dude on wednesday.

thanks anyways.

Comment

I don't know if they've made another '1984' movie but this movie version you are planning on watching is the one with John Hurt right?

Comment

yeah its that one.

i just picked up the movie and the sparknotes for it.

Comment

the book is alot more indepth than the movie....I read the book first, and to be honest, the movie was a bit dissapointing.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by specialblend154

Though the movie is not bad, it's really not good as the novel... IMO, there are some points of the novel that are not related in the movie (of course, when you make a movie, you have to make choice because it's not easy to show all the details like in a novel)...

It's a long time now I've read teh book and seen the movie, so I guess I need an update to be more accurate in my analysis.

1984 is one of my fav. books and I remember I was a bit disappointed about the movie...

Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble, but there's a 99.999% chance your teacher has seen the movie too. Speaking from a teacher's perspective, you can almost always tell when someone does a paper just based on the movie because we look for things in your paper that weren't in the movie and if they're not there, well...

That being said, use the Cliff Notes or Spark Notes and try to pick out some scenes that weren't in the movie and at least read them.

Comment

Spark Notes is your best friend.

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/1984/

Chapter summaries, character analysis's, study questions, the works!

Go Huskers.

Comment

The movie and CLif Notes/Spark Notes will not help you, because your instructor is likely highly familiar with both.

Just bear down and read it. Write your paper kind of as you go.

Then the last thing you do is edit and make it more cohesive.

This may save you some time, instead of having to write it all at once AFTER you have read it.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                          Hate to burst your bubble, but there's a 99.999% chance your teacher has seen the movie too. Speaking from a teacher's perspective, you can almost always tell when someone does a paper just based on the movie because we look for things in your paper that weren't in the movie and if they're not there, well...

That being said, use the Cliff Notes or Spark Notes and try to pick out some scenes that weren't in the movie and at least read them.

i ended up reading the majority of the 1984 and from what i gathered the movie was very similar to the novel. Most of the dialogue in the movie is actually directly quoted from the book.
                          The movie really didnt do the book justice, the way that orwell writes it and uses scene painting lets your imagination run wild. The movie itself made me percieve the book in a different manner, the way they filmed it made the book seem bland imo.

thanks everyone that commented, i will get you guys some CP's

i actually just finished writing the paper and it came out really great. specialblend154>procrastination.

Comment

Big Brother is Watching
                            sigpichttp://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7355151.png

Comment

Originally posted by Watson 81
                              Big Brother is Watching
                              Well how about this:

2+2=5

Comment

Working...
                              X