Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got my MRI results back...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I got my MRI results back...

    As some of you know, I've got a problem with my knees and no one was able to tell me what it was until Friday. I forget the name of the condition, but more or less what has happened is the cartlidge (sp?) between the top bone in my leg (can never remember the name of it) and my knee cap has degenerated. It's not there anymore. Now what is happening is my knee caps, instead of moving straight up and down when I bend/extend my leg, are moving up and out in my left knee and up and in on my right knee. This is causing my knee caps to rub notches in my bone. That's where most of my pain is coming from. My therapist (and radiologist) don't recommend surgery yet. I'm going to have to shave my legs from mid-calf to mid-thigh so Tuesday when I start physical therapy (again) my therapist can use a specific taping technique that will force my knee cap to move straight instead of c0ck-eyed. There's nothing to stop the condition from getting worse, so they are just trying to slow it down. Surgery on both knees is inevitable. Tuesday I'll take pictures of how ridiculous the half-shaven legs and tape look.
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

  • #2
    Originally posted by SeeingRed
    As some of you know, I've got a problem with my knees and no one was able to tell me what it was until Friday. I forget the name of the condition, but more or less what has happened is the cartlidge (sp?) between the top bone in my leg (can never remember the name of it) and my knee cap has degenerated. It's not there anymore. Now what is happening is my knee caps, instead of moving straight up and down when I bend/extend my leg, are moving up and out in my left knee and up and in on my right knee. This is causing my knee caps to rub notches in my bone. That's where most of my pain is coming from. My therapist (and radiologist) don't recommend surgery yet. I'm going to have to shave my legs from mid-calf to mid-thigh so Tuesday when I start physical therapy (again) my therapist can use a specific taping technique that will force my knee cap to move straight instead of c0ck-eyed. There's nothing to stop the condition from getting worse, so they are just trying to slow it down. Surgery on both knees is inevitable. Tuesday I'll take pictures of how ridiculous the half-shaven legs and tape look.
    Sorry to hear that, but glad they're going to be able to put off the surgery, at least for a little while...

    Can't wait for the pics, though... should be good times
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Damn, I'm sorry man. I have knee problems myself (just hurt in the mornings and occasionally flare up while I'm walking), but nothing like that. Hopefully modern medicine can get you back on your feet -- I'll drink this cola to your recovery


      "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

      Comment


      • #4
        That sucks SR. My knees have always been solid. I can't imagine what that pain is like. Hope you get straightened out and pain free sooner rather than later.

        Comment


        • #5
          I had something like that. My kneecap in both knees wouldn't align properly. Instead of going straight up and down, they would go kind of crooked.

          I wore a kneebrace for a few weeks and somehow all the pain went away. So now I can run without a brace and it's fine.

          Sometimes though, it comes back and it's REALLY bad but it goes away after a day.

          Ibuprofen is awesome!

          Comment


          • #6
            I have had numerous knee problems since childhood, tilted kneecaps being just one of them, I did the taping and pt also. Stick with it(no pun intended,) Hopefully you won't need surgery.

            Comment


            • #7
              I knew you have had problems with your knees
              and your young too...bummer

              Hope they feel better soon cause my grass is
              really growing and I am still waiting for you in
              your speedos to come and mow my lawn...(oh was I suppose to keep that
              between us)
              Tony G


              The Chefs

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks guys. The pain gets pretty bad, especially when it's humid and cold outside. I can't keep my legs in one position for more than a few minutes before the achings gets too bad. Believe it or not, it doesn't hurt when I'm active. They didn't put me on any kind of light duty waiver or anything like that so I'm still deployable. I can still do my job and my therapist says even if I do have to have surgery later, she doesn't think I'll get medically retired. I'll be shaving my knees tomorrow morning before work so I can get 'em taped after lunch at PT...should be interesting to say the least.

                KCL....you're fired from keeping secrets.
                Originally posted by Soldier96B
                i also took a crap and it was orange

                Comment


                • #9
                  My best wishes for you in having your knees repaired.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I pray that the PT gives you some relief...

                    I'm sure it's no fun for you, but it is always a relief to have an answer to why there is a problem...frustrating as the truth sometimes can be!!!

                    Keep us posted on how the PT is going...I hope it helps you...

                    Sending lots of hugs and kisses as well because...it's what I do!!!



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good Luck Red!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ouch! Hurts just reading about it. Good luck in your PT. If you do have surgery, remember, they can do amazing things now.

                        Looking forward to pictures of naked knees (why not just shave everything? )
                        Administrator

                        #LupusAwareness

                        #TackleCancer

                        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          stay strong SR, man that must hurt, ouch.
                          white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

                          Originally posted by raylewis52
                          you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
                          smart fans, eh?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Isn't that somewhat of the same injury that TD had?

                            Sorry to hear that SD, hope they do something to help you out with the pain.
                            Ready for the friggen season already!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Giveemlove
                              Isn't that somewhat of the same injury that TD had?

                              Sorry to hear that SD, hope they do something to help you out with the pain.
                              TD blew his knee out and had to have microfracture surgery.

                              Thanks for all of the well wishes! I start PT tomorrow. It will be pretty gruelling...lots of stability and strengthening exercises. I'll give periodic updates, but I'm actually pretty pessimistic about PT. I did it for six weeks from mid Feb to end March and it made things worse. Hopefully this taping technique they use can help some of the pain, but I'm expecting the worse and hoping for the best.
                              Originally posted by Soldier96B
                              i also took a crap and it was orange

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X