No announcement yet.

I got my MRI results back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR-Hope everything turns out okay for you.
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

The **** was "Shiznit".
      Originally posted by Soldier96B
      i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
        As some of you know, I've got a problem with my knees and no one was able to tell me what it was until Friday. I forget the name of the condition, but more or less what has happened is the cartlidge (sp?) between the top bone in my leg (can never remember the name of it) and my knee cap has degenerated. It's not there anymore. Now what is happening is my knee caps, instead of moving straight up and down when I bend/extend my leg, are moving up and out in my left knee and up and in on my right knee. This is causing my knee caps to rub notches in my bone. That's where most of my pain is coming from. My therapist (and radiologist) don't recommend surgery yet. I'm going to have to shave my legs from mid-calf to mid-thigh so Tuesday when I start physical therapy (again) my therapist can use a specific taping technique that will force my knee cap to move straight instead of c0ck-eyed. There's nothing to stop the condition from getting worse, so they are just trying to slow it down. Surgery on both knees is inevitable. Tuesday I'll take pictures of how ridiculous the half-shaven legs and tape look.

is it the miniscus...cause i had mine taken out because i tore it ....but i have alot of knee probs too...i had a thing called leg pertheis as a kid...it destroyed my hip and i had to have it repaired..two months in a body cast....but thedocs told me i would get artheritus as an adult real bad, and would probably be chairbound by thirty...not so...my hip used to bother me all my life hurt like hell,, but somewher it quit?....then the knee problems started, i tore one of the liginments on my left knee that holds thejoint together....never had the money to get it fixed, so i went through about five years of hell, it still pops and hurts all the time , gives out,

but then i tore the miniscus in the same leg...and had that fixed....seemed to make it worse...but i have now got artritus in both knees pretty bad....a person does not know how lucky they are to have good knees till you have two bad ones......some days im ok, can walk ok, unless i stay on my feet to long , other days are hell....sit down and your legs get so stiff it hurts to bend them or straighten out and walk....cold days,,,,storms comeing all effect you...gets so you know if somethings up cause your knees hurt

then i am allergic to most pain pills,, ibuprofen, tylenal, advil, motrin, naprocopfin

i get bad hives whenever i take these

so im with you there bad knees an all
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I hope it all works out well for you.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
            is it the miniscus...cause i had mine taken out because i tore it ....but i have alot of knee probs too...i had a thing called leg pertheis as a kid...it destroyed my hip and i had to have it repaired..two months in a body cast....but thedocs told me i would get artheritus as an adult real bad, and would probably be chairbound by thirty...not so...my hip used to bother me all my life hurt like hell,, but somewher it quit?....then the knee problems started, i tore one of the liginments on my left knee that holds thejoint together....never had the money to get it fixed, so i went through about five years of hell, it still pops and hurts all the time , gives out,

but then i tore the miniscus in the same leg...and had that fixed....seemed to make it worse...but i have now got artritus in both knees pretty bad....a person does not know how lucky they are to have good knees till you have two bad ones......some days im ok, can walk ok, unless i stay on my feet to long , other days are hell....sit down and your legs get so stiff it hurts to bend them or straighten out and walk....cold days,,,,storms comeing all effect you...gets so you know if somethings up cause your knees hurt

then i am allergic to most pain pills,, ibuprofen, tylenal, advil, motrin, naprocopfin

i get bad hives whenever i take these

so im with you there bad knees an all
            According to the radiologist that looked at my two MRI, all of my tendons and ligaments are in tact. My cartalidge is degenerating, that's it. I'm going to see an orthopedic surgeon in the next week or two to get a second opinion. Fortunately, surgery won't cost me a dime if that is what it comes down to. Unfortunately, if I do have to have this surgery I will have two options; stay in the military and cross train in to a career field where I'm sitting all the time (which I would hate more than anything else) or get an honorable discharge/medical retirement.

I'm not allergic to any pain pills, so bring on the perkaset!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
              According to the radiologist that looked at my two MRI, all of my tendons and ligaments are in tact. My cartalidge is degenerating, that's it. I'm going to see an orthopedic surgeon in the next week or two to get a second opinion. Fortunately, surgery won't cost me a dime if that is what it comes down to. Unfortunately, if I do have to have this surgery I will have two options; stay in the military and cross train in to a career field where I'm sitting all the time (which I would hate more than anything else) or get an honorable discharge/medical retirement.

I'm not allergic to any pain pills, so bring on the perkaset!!!

i believe the cart between the knee joint is the miniscus....and i think any degeneration will lead to artritus, sadly......
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                i believe the cart between the knee joint is the miniscus....and i think any degeneration will lead to artritus, sadly......
                The miniscus was a tendon I thought? It tears when either a) below the knee twists while above the knee stays straight or b) your upper body twists while your foot is planted. According to the radiologist, all of my tendons and ligaments are in tact. What I have is called, and forgive me if I botch the spelling, chondromalatia. I also have crepidis; again, sorry if I botched the spelling.

What is also happening, due to the degeneration of my cartlidge is my knee caps are making bone-to-bone contact with my femur (upper leg bone) and rubbing notches in it on both sides.

If surgery is performed, they will remove my knee cap, cannibalize cartlidge from other parts of my knee, saw a proper groove in to my femur so my knee cap doesn't move laterally anymore, and replace the knee cap. I'd be in a locking brace for a month and crutches for another month after that.

Comment

Working...
                X