Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection kinda feels bad.

5 minutes ago.....

Well, I stomached up the courage to ask out this pretty girl who goes to UW, and delivers the newspapers to us everymorning.

She hasn't been delivering them long, maybe two weeks. My co-worker told me that I should get her phone number, or ask her out. I know I wanted to, but I am the type who doesn't interact very easily with pretty girls.

But I asked her if she would give me her number, wanted to go and get breakfast some morning (both work nights).

But she said she had a boyfriend already. From there we talked for a few more minutes, and she was off, leaving me with this churning pit of ice in my stomach.

I guess there isn't really any point for me telling this, I just wanted to get my feeling out versus keeping them inside. Thanks.

im so sorry man

im like u there is a girl i rly like but im afraid of rejection i give u mad props for havin gthe courage to ask her out its just one girl there will be more im sorry sneakers

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

I think it's great that you took the chance.

There's not much that can be done when someone is in a relationship, but you could at the least be making a new friend.

Good for you!
      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Yea.. Crazy stuff

Its not cool getting rejected and stuff and sometimes you feel retarded when you get rejected but stuff happens.

At least you gave it a shot. Theres nothing you can do since she had a BF(unless shes lying) It be different if she just COMPLETELY Rejected you.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN
          im so sorry man

im like u there is a girl i rly like but im afraid of rejection i give u mad props for havin gthe courage to ask her out its just one girl there will be more im sorry sneakers

Originally posted by Kapaibro
          I think it's great that you took the chance.

There's not much that can be done when someone is in a relationship, but you could at the least be making a new friend.

Good for you!
          Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
          Yea.. Crazy stuff

Its not cool getting rejected and stuff and sometimes you feel retarded when you get rejected but stuff happens.

At least you gave it a shot. Theres nothing you can do since she had a BF(unless shes lying) It be different if she just COMPLETELY Rejected you.

Thank you. It just felt better getting all that out. Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers
            5 minutes ago.....

Well, I stomached up the courage to ask out this pretty girl who goes to UW, and delivers the newspapers to us everymorning.

She hasn't been delivering them long, maybe two weeks. My co-worker told me that I should get her phone number, or ask her out. I know I wanted to, but I am the type who doesn't interact very easily with pretty girls.

But I asked her if she would give me her number, wanted to go and get breakfast some morning (both work nights).

But she said she had a boyfriend already. From there we talked for a few more minutes, and she was off, leaving me with this churning pit of ice in my stomach.

I guess there isn't really any point for me telling this, I just wanted to get my feeling out versus keeping them inside. Thanks.

Don't sweat it too much.

At least you asked her out.

If things go sour with the boyfriend, you'll be on her radar.

I've gotten probably 4 dates from girls that rejected me but later changed their mind and asked ME out.

It could happen to you too.

Just keep the chin up and act like it doesn't bother you.

Comment

Sounds like you did all the right things.

You asked her out. She told you she wasn't available (had boyfriend).

You didn't continue to pursue her........that's a good thing.

Now, the next pretty girl you ask out will be less stressful. Now you know you don't die after asking pretty girls out.

Best wishes for you with dating. (Oh yeah, don't feel rejected. She didn't reject you.)
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                Sounds like you did all the right things.

You asked her out. She told you she wasn't available (had boyfriend).

You didn't continue to pursue her........that's a good thing.

Now, the next pretty girl you ask out will be less stressful. Now you know you don't die after asking pretty girls out.

Best wishes for you with dating. (Oh yeah, don't feel rejected. She didn't reject you.)
                you the best Eman! always helping people out.

Comment

I am the same way man... I was once told when I visited my friend at Uconn that he wasn't allowing me to leave until I went and asked for this girls number because I was too scared to do it. Luckily I got it, then she never picked up when I called to ask her out, so it didn't help me too much lol.

I do, however, hate the I can't give you my phone number because I have a boyfriend excuse. Since when does having a boyfriend mean a girl is not allowed to have friends??

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
                    Since when does having a boyfriend mean a girl is not allowed to have friends??
                    since she got herpes...

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Emancipator. I don't think she rejected you. She gave you a reason. And if Bengaaaaals is right and it was an excuse (lie), do you really need someone who is not honest?

I'm surprised at all you shy guys. You're so great here (I know, it's easier). Just show the real world what you show us and everybody (well, most) will love you. (This is coming from a person who was very shy and introverted. Now, I don't care so much what people think.)
                      Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Rejection sucks, but you'll never know if you don't put your cards on the table.

All you can do is try my man.

Comment

You cant win, if you dont take some shots. Good on you for asking her, and good on you for not getting too wroked up about it.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

You did the right thing. I can tell you from experience that it is easier to deal with being turned down, than wondering what might have been.

Free advice to everyone who feels clumsy and shy around girls: Just like anything else, it takes practice. It got much easier for me when I was more active in pursuing friendships with girls. I felt a lot more comfortable interacting with the ones I liked, because of the time I spent with female friends.
                            I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

I wouldn't worry so much about that. Its not as much rejection as it is her already having someone. Not your fault at all, nothing you could have done about it.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Working...
                              X