Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So after a long and arduous debate, I bought this T.V.!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after a long and arduous debate, I bought this T.V.!!!!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsu...oductDetail.do

I almost bought a 50" Samsung Plasma.....

....but was kind of talked out of it by numerous people who's arguement was:

If you're a gamer, the images of video games can get burnt into the screen of a plasma easily....if it goes out, there is no replacing the bulb....yada, yada, yada....

Also, I just got it hooked up last night (still waiting to get HD) and it seems to be a bit fuzzy....I played with the picture settings for like an hour (until I went ) and it seems to be better, but I believe it can get 150% better than how I have it set....

Anyone with a DLP have any suggestions for improving the quality of the picture, or do you just have to give it a little time, it has only been on for about 2 hours....

Any help would be appreciated
    I owe CP's to: no one

Originally posted by TR3Y

I almost bought a 50" Samsung Plasma.....

....but was kind of talked out of it by numerous people who's arguement was:

If you're a gamer, the images of video games can get burnt into the screen of a plasma easily....if it goes out, there is no replacing the bulb....yada, yada, yada....

Also, I just got it hooked up last night (still waiting to get HD) and it seems to be a bit fuzzy....I played with the picture settings for like an hour (until I went ) and it seems to be better, but I believe it can get 150% better than how I have it set....

Anyone with a DLP have any suggestions for improving the quality of the picture, or do you just have to give it a little time, it has only been on for about 2 hours....

Any help would be appreciated
    You should have the best picture right out of the box. No need for warm up time or anything along those lines.

Check your connections and make sure you're using high quality cables. Gold plated connectors are the best. Are you using the DVI cable? I hope so. Don't think you will get a good picture out of using the component cables.

Use the DVI cable. Make sure you have your TV set to 1080i.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Also TR3Y, If you have a 360, there are settings for screen res, and widescreen format that you need to change to get the best picture. I know when I got my new LCD monitor, I forgot to change those settings and when I finally changed them, it made a big difference. Good luck with the new Plasma, I'm thinking projector myself, it is agonizing going through all the reviews and choices in the TV market nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
        You should have the best picture right out of the box. No need for warm up time or anything along those lines.

Check your connections and make sure you're using high quality cables. Gold plated connectors are the best. Are you using the DVI cable? I hope so. Don't think you will get a good picture out of using the component cables.

Use the DVI cable. Make sure you have your TV set to 1080i.
        I believe that at the very least, one of the two cables is gold plated....I will check to see if they both are and to be completely honest, I haven't the slightest clue as to whether or not I am using a DVI cable

What is the difference

Thanks for the help

Comment

Great TV!! I have the 50" version and I love it.

The picture quality your seeing now is because you don't have HD hooked up yet. Your quality will improve once you get it turned over to HD service, I won't lie here though .... it's still not all that great. For price and size the Samsung DLP Projection TV's can't be beat but quality wise they don't stand a chance against some of the higher end plasma or LCD screens.

Right now your probably using standard cable provided by your cable company, but when they come out and hook up your HD box they should provide you with a set of nice component cables. The quality of picture you will get out of the component cables will far outweigh the standard cables but will not compete with a good set of Monster brand HDMI cables, just make sure the box you get supports HDMI cables.

For gaming, you have to go into the TV picture setting and make sure you set it up for gaming. This will save your screen burn (yes it can happen with projection TV's but not as much as plasma) and will also slightly reduce the brightness of the screen. ALSO make sure you go into the Xbox 360 system and change the screen settings to widescreen 1080i for the best quality picture and also flip that little switch on your actual 360 cable from Standard to HDtv.

After that any little tweaks you make to the picture is by personal preference only really. When I took mine out of the box and hooked it up the picture was so so, and I didn't mess with anything until I got the HD hooked up then I made my little tweaks!

Good Luck with the new TV!!
          sigpic

Comment

Lol I just checked best buy online and they have it for $100 cheaper with a free entertainment system and stuff. Same TV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138085296639

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

dont worry too much if the cables are gold plated or not
              sorry to dis prove the rumors but gold plated means very little
              what gold connections do is make the connection pins last forever
              so you can have crappy cables with gold connections that just makes it last forever

18 years in the biz if ya want my advice

dvi hdmi connections will give you the best video quality depending on the source (ie cable box, sat box, game system) you have

you should also take in the best buy ad to cc, they will match the offer that bb has and probably give you a stand as well. just tell em your gonna return your set to cc if they dont and get it from bb.
              just pm me if you have any other q's ill answer any of em.
              Last edited by saltybuggah; 05-01-2007, 12:59 PM.
              sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by lynchembaby
                dont worry too much if the cables are gold plated or not
                sorry to dis prove the rumors but gold plated means very little
                what gold connections do is make the connection pins last forever
                so you can have crappy cables with gold connections that just makes it last forever

18 years in the biz if ya want my advice

dvi hdmi connections will give you the best video quality depending on the source (ie cable box, sat box, game system) you have

you should also take in the best buy ad to cc, they will match the offer that bb has and probably give you a stand as well. just tell em your gonna return your set to cc if they dont and get it from bb.
                just pm me if you have any other q's ill answer any of em.
                Actually I did my research and brought in the best buy ad and they did match the price as well as the 4 year warranty that best buy offered ($349.99 compared to cc's $479.99)....

So, the price was that of best buy's

Thanks for looking out for me though y'all

This thread proves why Broncos fans are the best, not only intelligent football wise, but genuine great people

And thanks for the advice all ~ I will make sure that once the cable peeps come out that I take everyone's advice and get the best of everything so that I can get the best out of my small investment

Comment

If you have plasma how do you have DLP?
                  Originally posted by Soldier96B
                  i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                    he got the dlp not the plasma
                    he was almost going to buy the plasma but people talked him out of it
                    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

because of magic...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79
                        Great TV!! I have the 50" version and I love it.

The picture quality your seeing now is because you don't have HD hooked up yet. Your quality will improve once you get it turned over to HD service, I won't lie here though .... it's still not all that great. For price and size the Samsung DLP Projection TV's can't be beat but quality wise they don't stand a chance against some of the higher end plasma or LCD screens.

Right now your probably using standard cable provided by your cable company, but when they come out and hook up your HD box they should provide you with a set of nice component cables. The quality of picture you will get out of the component cables will far outweigh the standard cables but will not compete with a good set of Monster brand HDMI cables, just make sure the box you get supports HDMI cables.

For gaming, you have to go into the TV picture setting and make sure you set it up for gaming. This will save your screen burn (yes it can happen with projection TV's but not as much as plasma) and will also slightly reduce the brightness of the screen. ALSO make sure you go into the Xbox 360 system and change the screen settings to widescreen 1080i for the best quality picture and also flip that little switch on your actual 360 cable from Standard to HDtv.

After that any little tweaks you make to the picture is by personal preference only really. When I took mine out of the box and hooked it up the picture was so so, and I didn't mess with anything until I got the HD hooked up then I made my little tweaks!

Good Luck with the new TV!!
                        actually for gaming it is better to stick with 720p because it is progressive and 1080i is interlaced....interlaced is good for watchin tv but will slow your frame rate down...for video games stick with 720p
                        "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

As lynchembaby stated, I almost bought the plasma but decided to go with the DLP....

Sorry if the original post was a bit confusing

Comment

Originally posted by TR3Y
                            As lynchembaby stated, I almost bought the plasma but decided to go with the DLP....

Sorry if the original post was a bit confusing

Good because DLP is the best thing on the market right now.
                            Originally posted by Soldier96B
                            i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                              actually for gaming it is better to stick with 720p because it is progressive and 1080i is interlaced....interlaced is good for watchin tv but will slow your frame rate down...for video games stick with 720p

Yes your right, I checked mine again last night because after I posted 1080i I tought to myself it sounded a little off. I do have mine set to 720 and it is most beautiful!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X