Around the World in 90 Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World in 90 Days...

Well folks, I've been dreadind this thread for quite awhile as its that time of year again. When the days get longer, and they get warmer its time for me to put on my suit, charge up my laptop, and chase interesting gadgets across the world.

So this really isnt a goodbye thread, because I'm not leaving totally I just wont be around much after the end of this weekend . Jeez...how awkward can this be?

Well, really, I wanted to say that I've had an absolute blast and made some friendships that are just as rewarding and rich as those in "real life" (Note the quotes )

My job is demanding, and it requires a ton of concentration/negotiation/writing/frustration/flying/listening to people talk about nothing so I wont have the time I've been able to spend here.

This message strikes me as gloomy, because it is. Its not just leaving this board, but my wife and my kids and my dog. Ack, I'm depressing myself.

Anyway, its been a treat, I already look forward to my full return (Sometime, hopefully in late Sept/early October) and, to be honest, you guys are better than real life.

(PS to the Rox Posse: I'll try to stay current with the Rockies thread as much as possible so I that's where I'll spend most of my time and if you really, really, really, want to get in touch with me you can AIM me or PM me, and again I'll try to get it through as much as possible )

So yeah, in conclusion I'm already dreading Monday and I'm already eagerly anticpating September.

See ya on the flip side.

Dave
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm sick of members leaving.

Best of luck to ya, bud.

See you in a few months
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I'm a gonna miss my SOTO!!!

You can AIM and PM me too!!! And any time you want a cyber hug or kiss...

That supply never runs out for you!!!

***Runs off to have a moment!!!

Comment

aww you will be missed! Check your box though and I will send you PM's from time to time and brighten your day

Comment

Originally posted by GRLSLUVFTBL2
          aww you will be missed! Check your box though and I will send you PM's from time to time and brighten your day
          Thanks all, I will truly look forward to them. And its not close to being the end of the world...I've still got a labtop with internet access!

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
            Thanks all, I will truly look forward to them. And its not close to being the end of the world...I've still got a labtop with internet access!

Yes you do! :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO

And you can AIM me at shanniefly69 hehe...you should take that down!!!

Comment

I hope everything goes well for you
                and we will be here when you return
                (at least I hope I am)
                and like you said you will still have
                the internet so you'll only be a few
                keystrokes away...

your family will feel the bigger impact.
                But stay in touch AMAP!!!

Of course PM me if you would like as
                I am always up for a little one on one chat.
                Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

take care Soto..
                  We have more then just football to look forward to come Sept now..
                  Last edited by horsesense; 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Later SOTO... you will be missed, have a good summer if I don't talk to you much during it.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

see ay around soto
                      it has always been a pleasure chatting with ya

i wish you the best of luck at your job
                      here's to a fast and safe return
                      god speed
                      sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Soto, you are absolutely one of my favorites on this board.

Sounds like an interesting job, but like you said, very demanding to
                        turn your life upside down for so many months at a time.

Best of luck to you, hope the upcoming months prove to be fruitful
                        and advantageous for you.

Do take care and thanks for letting us know!
                        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Be safe, SOTO (now your 'location' makes sense). See you when you return.
                          Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                            Soto, you are absolutely one of my favorites on this board.

Sounds like an interesting job, but like you said, very demanding to
                            turn your life upside down for so many months at a time.

Best of luck to you, hope the upcoming months prove to be fruitful
                            and advantageous for you.

Do take care and thanks for letting us know!

Thank you...

But since I've got *counts on fingers* 5 days since I really leave I'm going to make the most of them

Comment

try and enjoy some free time out there in the wild blue yonder when you get to. good luck man dont stress to much, i too experianced long deployments away from family, i feel your pain!!
                              GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X