• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRLSLUVFTBL2
    AND THE WINNER IS!!! DRUMROLL PLEASE...

OREO

Sorry AFRO THUNDER just didn't stick
    Pretty good name. I would of named her Ninja Dog, but then I name all dogs that
    I like OREO
    sigpic
    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

OREO

I love it! Perfect name!
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Grls, Oreo won't look all weirdo Space Dog unless you have her clipped that way.

That's the good thing about poodles that aren't shown, they don't need to be clipped out. But if you're interested, there are reasons behind certain clipping designs.

We look way back into the shadows of history and find the first people to clip Poodles was centuries ago. They were huntsmen. The Poodle was originally used as a hunting dog. While he was very effective on land, the poodles mobility when retrieving in the water was seriously impaired by his extremely dense and curly coat.
        The huntsmen shaved the poodles rear hindquarters to allow for greater freedom of movement in the water, leaving puffs of hair on the hip joints and ankle joints. The puffs of hair (now called pom-poms and bracelets) were left to help keep the joints warm. The hair was left long of the front half of the poodle to keep the vital organs warm when they swam in cold water.

Types of clipping

Poodle grooming history
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
          Grls, Oreo won't look all weirdo Space Dog unless you have her clipped that way.

That's the good thing about poodles that aren't shown, they don't need to be clipped out. But if you're interested, there are reasons behind certain clipping designs.

We look way back into the shadows of history and find the first people to clip Poodles was centuries ago. They were huntsmen. The Poodle was originally used as a hunting dog. While he was very effective on land, the poodles mobility when retrieving in the water was seriously impaired by his extremely dense and curly coat.
          The huntsmen shaved the poodles rear hindquarters to allow for greater freedom of movement in the water, leaving puffs of hair on the hip joints and ankle joints. The puffs of hair (now called pom-poms and bracelets) were left to help keep the joints warm. The hair was left long of the front half of the poodle to keep the vital organs warm when they swam in cold water.

Types of clipping

Poodle grooming history
          Very interesting! I would have never thought that. I don't think I will be clipping her with pom pom bracelets though

Comment

OREO

I so happy!!! That is what I thought of right away!!! She is sweet lookin' and Oreo fits so well!!! hehe :dance:

Comment

Working...
            X