• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple find dead body while touring a home for sale

Now how weird is this????????????

Couple Touring Home Find Woman's Body
    By Associated Press
    1 hour ago

JANESVILLE, Wis. - This real estate agent will likely do a house check before letting her prospective customers tour on their own from now on, after a couple happened upon a homeowner dead in bed.

Linda Chabucos-Galow, a real estate agent with Shorewest, stood in the dining room while Justin and Colleen McKeen walked through a house Monday night.

Before long, she heard Colleen scream as the couple stood at the doorway.

"I thought, 'What's wrong?' Maybe it was a dead mouse or something," Chabucos-Galow said.

But then she peered into the bedroom and saw the body of Linda L. O'Leary, 55, the owner of the home. She had been dead for about two weeks, officials say.

"It looked like a Halloween prop," Chabucos-Galow said.

The uncovered body was wearing dark shorts. Chabucos-Galow said her legs were wrapped in material that appeared similar to cheesecloth or support hose.

"If we spent five minutes in there, I'd be stretching it," Chabucos-Galow said.

She said she then told the couple: "'We need to leave. This is not right. We need to get out of here.'"

Gale Kent, the Coldwell Banker First United Realty agent who listed the house, said the property was for sale "for a while," but wouldn't say how many times it had been shown in recent weeks.

"I don't want to say anything because I haven't talked to the police yet," Kent said.

Rock County Coroner Jenifer Keach said she pronounced O'Leary dead at 11 p.m. Monday.

Police Capt. Dan Davis said an overnight log listed the incident as a sudden death, which indicates to him there was no foul play.

But he would not comment further on whether the death was suspicious. An autopsy had not been scheduled, he said.

Chabucos-Galow said she set up the showing without knowing the homeowner's identity.

After entering the home, she noticed a faint odor but thought it was from the mess in the house or the countertop full of dishes. She saw unopened mail.

"I've smelled death. I know what death smells like," she said. "I can't believe my sinuses were that bad."

___
    http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/...h=itn_hometour
    Tony G

The Chefs

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

What are the odds they buy that house?
      Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
        ewwwwwwwww....the smell?
        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
          ewwwwwwwww....the smell?
          Earthly...

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
            something like this has got to drop the value by a crap-ton.

i don't think i could live there though, i already freak myself out enough in my non-dead person, non-haunted house when i'm home alone.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
              something like this has got to drop the value by a crap-ton.

i don't think i could live there though, i already freak myself out enough in my non-dead person, non-haunted house when i'm home alone.
              That made me laugh, CP when I recharge.

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan

After entering the home, she noticed a faint odor but thought it was from the mess in the house or the countertop full of dishes. She saw unopened mail.

"I've smelled death. I know what death smells like," she said. "I can't believe my sinuses were that bad."
                Seriously...what kind of real estate agent is this and did she move there from Miami or something???

That is some crazy stuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
                  Seriously...what kind of real estate agent is this and did she move there from Miami or something???

That is some crazy stuff!!!
                  I'm telling you...
                  when I read this today...I was like wth
                  Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

:shake: ....could you imagine?....Do you know that the agent has to disclose that to everyone who is interested in the house now..that there was death in that house.. Most agents dont do it..but they are supposed too..in CA at least...

So I doubt it will sell anytime soon.

Comment

How do you not check all the rooms before you do the open home?

You surely want to check everything is clean and tidy for your customers.
                      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

What's sad is that this lady was dead for 2 weeks and no one missed her?

The agent should have checked. Law suit, you think? Trauma, stress, nightmares.
                        Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD
                          What's sad is that this lady was dead for 2 weeks and no one missed her?

The agent should have checked. Law suit, you think? Trauma, stress, nightmares.
                          When we had our first home up for sale....agents would call first to
                          let us know if they were bringing someone over to look at the house.
                          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I'm still thinking this agent no longer has a job!!! Seriously...2 weeks!!!

Hey...maybe I just found a job...crap, that won't work either...I'd have to drive for that too...

Comment

That's sad that person was dead that long and no one knew it.
                              Emancipate your mind!
                              The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
                              X