Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you un-stink a shoe?

Well my shoes smell. Really bad.

My old shoes, Nike Frees, were relatively easy to un-stink. I just washed the whole shoe and scrubbed/washed the sole with soap.

But my new shoes are Nike Laser Shox. They aren't as lightweight, porous, and easy to clean as Frees. The sole is still removeable, but there is fabric on top of it.

How should I un-stink it?

throw them in a fire and buy new ones. Works like a charm.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz

How should I un-stink it?
      throw it away.
      sigpic

Comment

why can't you just put the shoes in the washing machine?

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Wear socks, stop putting stinky feet in there for starters

Just buy a spray or something, they work nicely

Comment

My shoes are only a few months old. Plus my parents will go beserk because my shoes last only 8 months tops and they cost 60 dollars. Which is a lot for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
              why can't you just put the shoes in the washing machine?
              Drying it in a dryer is a problem. It melts some stuff. Also it takes a while to naturally dry.

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
              Wear socks, stop putting stinky feet in there for starters

Just buy a spray or something, they work nicely
              And I do wear socks.

I tried sprays and powders with my old shoes. They didn't do much besides make my socks wet and make my feet feel weird and white. They also only cover up the smell, not eliminate it.

Comment

YEs wear socks to avoid the stinkiness. If you are, then rub alcool (the medical kind) on your feet at least once a week to kill off all that bacteria that is creating the stinkiness (it's not the sweat that stinks, but the bacteria that grow in the sweat).

As for washing away the smell. When I was in the military and we would do 20 mile road marches ( not fun, and even with sockas sweat pours out from your feet) I would do an all day event to clean my jungle boots ( 80 - 100 bucks for a pair of boots is not something to part with easily). Wash with a hose and soap (high pressure hose is best with a nozzle) 3 to 4 times throughout the day then dry with a towel and leave outside to air out.
                sigpic
                The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Drying it in a dryer is a problem. It melts some stuff. Also it takes a while to naturally dry.

And I do wear socks.

I tried sprays and powders with my old shoes. They didn't do much besides make my socks wet and make my feet feel weird and white. They also only cover up the smell, not eliminate it.
                  Hmmmm. I say google it, then try the remedies on your old shoes first.

Comment

i hate feet, they are pretty gross, and i'm sorry, but i don't ever want to be near your feet if they are causing you so much distress

just wash them in cold water with soap, and then either let them air dry, put them on an a/c vent or something overnight, or put them in the dryer on low or no heat with some old towels.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                      YEs wear socks to avoid the stinkiness. If you are, then rub alcool (the medical kind) on your feet at least once a week to kill off all that bacteria that is creating the stinkiness (it's not the sweat that stinks, but the bacteria that grow in the sweat).

As for washing away the smell. When I was in the military and we would do 20 mile road marches ( not fun, and even with sockas sweat pours out from your feet) I would do an all day event to clean my jungle boots ( 80 - 100 bucks for a pair of boots is not something to part with easily). Wash with a hose and soap (high pressure hose is best with a nozzle) 3 to 4 times throughout the day then dry with a towel and leave outside to air out.
                      So dumping some soap and flooding it with warm/hot water is fine? And then leaving it to dry?

How about speeding it up with a blow dryer?

Comment

So dumping some soap and flooding it with warm/hot water is fine? And then leaving it to dry?

How about speeding it up with a blow dryer?
                        Hose water is usually very cold, so it shouldn;t be warm, not in my experience. Soap will kill it off, especially anti-bacterial soap which is what I used. And yes, doing that 3 - 4 times should take care of it, but do not blow dry it, adding heat to the equation will only promote the bacteria to reappear. You have to let it dry normally in my experience.

Note that the amterial in your shoe will no longer be as nice, and there will be more wear and tear on it from flushing it with water, but if you are set on holding onto them, that;s the only way to clean them. Sprays will just make the nasty shoe smell mix with the odor you spray it with, adn then you'll really ahve a problem....

EDIT: and when I say clean them, every time you do, don;t do it half ass and throw some soap in there and spray water. Scrub scrub scrub and use some elbow grease....
                        sigpic
                        The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                        Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Wait I have a better idea. Don't wear deodorant. This will make you under arms smell worse than your shoes which will distract the stench emitting from your shoes. No one will ever know your shoes stink.
                          sigpic

Comment

you should try some of that peach stuff that stanley yelnats dad made from holes.

i heard it works good.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
                              you should try some of that peach stuff that stanley yelnats dad made from holes.

i heard it works good.
                              Oh damn...

If only if only...

Great book though.

Comment

Working...
                              X