• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water or coke? very interesting facts you should know

Water or Coke?
    Could not believe this..... Very interesting

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
    (Likely applies to half the world population.)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a ! printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8... To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1. the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

or Coke?

i still am going to drink coke with jack daniels
    ill never have a jack and water
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

That was extremely interesting!

Yet, I will have to have my coke once in awhile, especially with pizza.
    Or a mixed drink. Can't beat Coke to me. I only have it about once a month,
    but I love it.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

I find alot of those "facts" incredibly hard to believe or extremely exxagerated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        I find alot of those "facts" incredibly hard to believe or extremely exxagerated.
        they tested a couple of the coke ones on mythbusters and they turned out to be big exaggerations. i can remember the steak (it didn't dissolve, but did look really nasty), and the cleaning the bumper (it worked well with aluminum foil), don't think soda cleaned blood all that well..

i too only drink coke in mixed drinks (rum and coke/crown and coke), and have recently been making a concious effort to drink more water.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

I'll be the bad guy again.

this
          and
          this

Comment

Don't know about half of them, but it does work for the toilet one. It also can help clean a pot nicely. Boil the coke in it and it looks good

Comment

Originally posted by j3phr3y
              I'll be the bad guy again.

this
              and
              this
              Please find me some info that tells me this is fake, too!:http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=242123

I love Snopes!

Comment

I don't drink coke anyways.

more of a mountain dew type of guy
                the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

mtn dew is awesome

and that video with the pork is gross, and i don't know what to believe. i'll stop making my famous coke-glazed pork chops though.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                  We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

if i stop drinking coke then by the 2nd day im having bad head aches.
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Dr. Pepper slays them all.

But I drink water.

Originally posted by DenBronx
                        if i stop drinking coke then by the 2nd day im having bad head aches.
                        That's called caffeine withdrawl. You need to either stop completely and bare the headaches until they go away (cold turkey) or ween yourself off of caffeine. I know, I used to drink soda and the caffeine withdrawl headaches were the worst!!

Can't beat water. Soda is good once in a while, but if you let your body get used to the caffeine intake, it will let you know it wants "the good stuff" in the form of headaches, fatigue and other symptoms if you keep caffeine away from it for too long. Is it me or does that sound like a drug?
                        Last edited by DevilSpawn; 05-04-2007, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I drink TONS of water. I force myself to drink anywhere from half a gallon to a gallon of water a day, all spread out of course. If I were to wear a hoodie the whole day, I would lose probably 5 or more pounds from water weight.

One of the reasons why I drink a lot of water is because of the salty high-sodium food I (and many other locals) often eat. I try to keep the water and sodium content in my body at the same ratio, so if I drink a lot of water I have to match it with some high sodium foods.

And the Coke myths were tested on Mythbusters.

Comment

FYI I'm drinking mountain dew as i type this.
                            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                              Dr. Pepper slays them all.

That's called caffeine withdrawl. You need to either stop completely and bare the headaches until they go away (cold turkey) or ween yourself off of caffeine. I know, I used to drink soda and the caffeine withdrawl headaches were the worst!!

Can't beat water. Soda is good once in a while, but if you let your body get used to the caffeine intake, it will let you know it wants "the good stuff" in the form of headaches, fatigue and other symptoms if you keep caffeine away from it for too long. Is it me or does that sound like a drug?
                              I like flat dr.pepper.

I hate it when it's still carbonated though.

kind of ironic.

On that second part i'm glad i'm immune to caffeine.
                              the space that is mine

Comment

Working...
                              X