Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain rain go away

KC is getting hit with alot of rain....it as been
    raining and thundering ALL DAY! I am serious...
    In 1993 KC had MAJOR flooding...I hope were not
    heading this way again...our sump pump has been
    running all day.We have flash flood warnings.Its
    scheduled to keep raining heavy thru Tuesday with
    severe thunderstorms and hail...
    suppose to rain all week...

Is anyone else getting rain like this?
    breaking news out of Kansas City.......

http://www.kansascity.com/116/story/96522.html
    Heavy rains cause street flooding, to continue
    The Kansas City Star
    Runoff from Sunday’s heavy rains caused high water to collect at numerous low-lying intersections across the metropolitan area and more flooding is expected.

The National Weather Service have forecasted rain to continue through Tuesday, and officials have said the heavy rain could not only cause flash flooding with each rainfall, but the potential for more widespread flooding in the area as water levels rise in local streams and rivers.

“There’s a lot more rain coming,” said Mark O’Malley, forecaster with the National Weather Service. “We’re going to have another round tonight, another round Monday and another round Tuesday.”

Police and fire agencies from several jurisdictions were called out to assist motorists whose vehicles stalled after they drove into high water. Kansas City fire department personnel assisted drivers whose vehicles had stalled in high water at 31st Street and Roanoke Road, 63rd Street and Paseo Boulevard, and near Emmanuel Cleaver at Elmwood Avenue. Johnson County fire personnel also were called to 171st Street and Mission Road to aid a motorist.

Lightning associated with this morning’s storms struck at least two buildings.

One strike started a fire on the roof of a duplex at 108th Street and Haskins Drive in Lenexa about 8:30 a.m. Sunday. Two families inside were not injured but they were displaced by the fire, according to the Lenexa Fire Department.

Lightning also hit the Scottish Rite Temple at 1330 E. Linwood Blvd. around noon. Some bricks were knocked off the building, but no fire started.

The National Weather Service issued a flash flood watch for the entire area about 1 p.m., effective through Tuesday morning.

The forecast for the rest of today calls for periods of showers and thunderstorms with possibly heavy rain through tonight. Beginning Monday morning there is a 50 percent chance of thunderstorm through Tuesday night.
    Tony G

The Chefs

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
    KC is getting hit with alot of rain....it as been
    raining and thundering ALL DAY! I am serious...
    In 1993 KC had MAJOR flooding...I hope were not
    heading this way again...our sump pump has been
    running all day.We have flash flood warnings.Its
    scheduled to keep raining heavy thru Tuesday with
    severe thunderstorms and hail...
    suppose to rain all week...

Is anyone else getting rain like this?
    breaking news out of Kansas City.......

http://www.kansascity.com/116/story/96522.html
    Heavy rains cause street flooding, to continue
    The Kansas City Star
    Runoff from Sunday’s heavy rains caused high water to collect at numerous low-lying intersections across the metropolitan area and more flooding is expected.

The National Weather Service have forecasted rain to continue through Tuesday, and officials have said the heavy rain could not only cause flash flooding with each rainfall, but the potential for more widespread flooding in the area as water levels rise in local streams and rivers.

“There’s a lot more rain coming,” said Mark O’Malley, forecaster with the National Weather Service. “We’re going to have another round tonight, another round Monday and another round Tuesday.”

Police and fire agencies from several jurisdictions were called out to assist motorists whose vehicles stalled after they drove into high water. Kansas City fire department personnel assisted drivers whose vehicles had stalled in high water at 31st Street and Roanoke Road, 63rd Street and Paseo Boulevard, and near Emmanuel Cleaver at Elmwood Avenue. Johnson County fire personnel also were called to 171st Street and Mission Road to aid a motorist.

Lightning associated with this morning’s storms struck at least two buildings.

One strike started a fire on the roof of a duplex at 108th Street and Haskins Drive in Lenexa about 8:30 a.m. Sunday. Two families inside were not injured but they were displaced by the fire, according to the Lenexa Fire Department.

Lightning also hit the Scottish Rite Temple at 1330 E. Linwood Blvd. around noon. Some bricks were knocked off the building, but no fire started.

The National Weather Service issued a flash flood watch for the entire area about 1 p.m., effective through Tuesday morning.

The forecast for the rest of today calls for periods of showers and thunderstorms with possibly heavy rain through tonight. Beginning Monday morning there is a 50 percent chance of thunderstorm through Tuesday night.

I am. I live north of you. We got what you got last nite
    sigpic

Comment

Raises hand...

We got 6 inches yesterday and it has been raining all day here too...calling for the same weather here...of course we are only 4 hours apart!!!

Comment

Yep!

We need a 'all wet smilie'.

We have received 5 inches in less than 48 hours with 1-5 inches more predicted through tomorrow morning!

I need to install a sump pump and build the foundation up around my house. My husband took the carpeting out of the basement today and it's in the trash. Shop vac and fans going like crazy.

We have been in and out of flood warnings since last night.

Rain predicted all dang week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow!
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by shanniefly
          Raises hand...

We got 6 inches yesterday and it has been raining all day here too...calling for the same weather here...of course we are only 4 hours apart!!!
          I can make it to her house in 2.5 hours.
          You must drive really slow shanniefly.
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Comment

Originally posted by GodofallGods
            I am. I live north of you. We got what you got last nite
            Plus some twisters! Don't forget those nasty little wind gusts.

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
              I can make it to her house in 2.5 hours.
              You must drive really slow shanniefly.
              well if you all need a place to stay...you can stay in the sub basement with
              the sump pump

you will stay dry....thank the lord for sump pumps :thumb:
              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                Plus some twisters! Don't forget those nasty little wind gusts.
                those twisters in Western Ks...poor people
                Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

It was raining and stuff ALL DAY yesterday Way bad
                  It was pretty bad. I had to walk home from my job as well and I was a wet rat when I got home
                  Wyoming weather makes me sick. I never know what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
                    It was raining and stuff ALL DAY yesterday Way bad
                    It was pretty bad. I had to walk home from my job as well and I was a wet rat when I got home
                    Wyoming weather makes me sick. I never know what to expect.
                    you should of called me...I would of given you a ride home
                    poor baby!
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

you should of called me...I would of given you a ride home
                      poor baby!
                      @ ride home. I pretty much had to close out and stuff. So I was like the last one there except for a few cars. And When I got home I said: Thank God I dont have work the next 2 days. It was a tiring day of work and walking home in the rain capped off my week

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
                        @ ride home. I pretty much had to close out and stuff. So I was like the last one there except for a few cars. And When I got home I said: Thank God I dont have work the next 2 days. It was a tiring day of work and walking home in the rain capped off my week
                        how far did you have to walk?
                        you have no car?
                        noone you work with would give you a ride?

sorry but I really need to know
                        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

those twisters in Western Ks...poor people
                          northwestern oklahoma and western oklahoma also.

they are getting closer to me everyday.
                          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                          Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp
                            northwestern oklahoma and western oklahoma also.

they are getting closer to me everyday.

sorry to hear this.
                            Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Last May we had the same thing.

Actually, the Hilton Hotel that I work at has this pipe that drains water from the roof to the ground. And the pipe at one point goes over the lobby ceiling.

We got almost an inch of rain in 15 minutes, and the pipe burst and their was a waterfall coming out of a whole in the ceiling all over the lobby. Their was a foot of water in the lobby .

Comment

Working...
                              X