Rain rain go away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
    Ya it has rained like a week straight, and it should stay steady too..

Our basement flooded, so my moms ticked
    we have a sump pump that has been running non stop for 2 days.

but since we got so much rain,it couldnt keep up and some rain
    got in thru the foundation.

we only got about an inch of rain on the floor tho so I am ok
    about it.I don't blame your mom...thats a bummer.
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I don't think we've had any measurable percipitation here this year, maybe less than a 10th of an inch.

We have had several days over 100°. I hope that's not a sign of the summer we're in store for here.

Hope no tornado's come and that all are safe and sound.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
      How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
        Are you talking about 83/84 that goes to Ballinger? If you're that close...we should get together one weekend for a Broncos game at Buffalo Wild Wings or at the house.
        83 and I am 200 miles away. Been through Abilene and Ballinger many many times when I drove otr. But, no I live way north in Perryton.
        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Who ever left me the CP with the three posterior-de-femme on it...thank you.
          Originally posted by Soldier96B
          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp
            83 and I am 200 miles away. Been through Abilene and Ballinger many many times when I drove otr. But, no I live way north in Perryton.
            You're no fun. I drove 200 miles (almost) to Waxahachie Friday night and back to Abilene Sunday night. Wimp.

Comment

You're no fun. I drove 200 miles (almost) to Waxahachie Friday night and back to Abilene Sunday night. Wimp.
              oh I am lots of fun, jsut ask Red.
              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp
                oh I am lots of fun, jsut ask Red.
                I am Red. She is "the other Red".

Comment

I am Red. She is "the other Red".
                  no she is Red. She joined up first. You are "the other Red".
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Flooding continues due to broken levees

http://www.comcast.net/news/national...vqh=itn_levees

Evacuations, Sandbagging in Effect
                    By HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH, Associated Press Writer
                    3 hours ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Flood water topped at least 20 levees protecting low-lying communities along the Missouri River and other nearby streams, authorities said Wednesday.

Stretches of highway have been closed and thousands of people have been evacuated because of flooding caused by a large weekend storm system that also devastated Greensburg, Kan., with a deadly tornado.

"It's a major flood," said National Weather Service meteorologist Suzanne Fortin. "It won't be a record breaker, but it will be in the top three."

Missouri Highway Patrol troopers were working 24-hour shifts near the village of Big Lake, which was inundated after nine levee breaks, said Lt. John Hotz.

Two levees were topped by high water during the night, authorities said. In Levacy, water from the Missouri River had started to encroach on the town and evacuations were under way Wednesday, Fortin said.

Big Lake, on the Missouri River about 95 miles northwest of Kansas City, was inundated Tuesday.

"The town is a loss. At this time, we don't know, but it looks like that's what's going to happen," Mark Sitherwood, presiding commissioner of Holt County, said Tuesday.

Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt declared a state of emergency and mobilized National Guard troops to help. At least 19 Kansas counties declared local disaster emergencies.

Two-thirds of the town of Mosby, 20 miles northeast of Kansas City, was under 2 to 4 feet of water Tuesday from the overflowing Fishing River, said D.C. Rogers, Clay County director of emergency services.

Parts of Missouri, Iowa and Kansas received as much as 8 inches of rain in a 24-hour period during the weekend thunderstorms, the weather service said.

Flooding in Oklahoma was blamed for the drowning death of a man whose car was swept off a county road. A Kansas man died when his vehicle overturned in a water-filled ditch near Wichita, Butler County officials said.

High water had begun to recede in flooded parts of western Iowa.
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Wow KCLady. It seems like every 3 years or so, the Ohio, Missouri and Mississippi rivers have this problem.

Stay Dry Out There!

Speaking of dry. We are FINALLY under a high pressure system and we will be in the 80's, no clouds and bright sunshine for at least the next week.

Spring Fever is really hitting everyone hard now.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...=mostpop_story

This gives you photos and a video to watch about the flooding.
                        Thank the lord it quit raining! We got 7" over the weekend
                        and it's been sunny ever since.
                        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Working...
                        X