Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket

Cricket is to make it's professional debut in America, there will be 8 franchise teams, probably centred in the south, and will play in 2 confrences in a game similar to the twenty-20 style in England (20 overs each side. An over consists of 6 deliveries from the bowler pitching pretty much where-ever they want however, it it is un-hittable it is called wide and the ball is replayed with the batting side also getting a run)

This is due to start on June 18th. I live in England and am a huge fan of cricket, I personally think that it is a great sport(even better than baseball) because of the diversity of it and the complexity. I ask you to put your prejudices aside and go watch some matches as they can involve big hitting, quick bowling and catching without massive great big gloves.

Cricket's so much better than baseball. Whilst baseball involves smacking the ball as hard as you can in any direction possible, cricket involves skill. *marinates self for flame roasting*
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
      Cricket's so much better than baseball. Whilst baseball involves smacking the ball as hard as you can in any direction possible, cricket involves skill. *marinates self for flame roasting*

I don't think so. I'm not a super big fan of baseball but I can tell you it's definately better than cricket.

Ask the Japs or anyone south of Florida

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        I don't think so. I'm not a super big fan of baseball but I can tell you it's definately better than cricket.

Ask the Japs or anyone south of Florida
        LoL I love how politically incorrect you are! Keep it up. As far a cricket goes, it seems cool but I dont think it will last here.

Anyone remember seeing the American Express commerical with Jerry Seinfeld playing cricket? "That was a whicked googly"
        "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

Googlies are nasty. They bounce one way and then change direction.
          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Yea, cricket is better than baseball, probab;y because baseball is so similar, whereas no two game opf cricket are alike. It takes more skill os well, cause you have to deal with a spinning ball, also it swings in the air. this ball is commin cosistantly at 80-90 mph from 22 yards. Granted it's alreeady doing that in baseball, but the ball can go anywhere.

Comment

I'm not denying the difficulty of cricket, but to say whether one sport is harder than the other is a little unfair. For one, you say that in baseball you just smack the ball, but that's not true. Many hitters do have a strategy when they get up to the plate as to whether go the other way or pull the ball, sac. fly, bunt. On top of that, you got guys throwing the ball anywhere from 95 to 70 miles per hour per pitch. Balls going sideways, sinking, rising, etc...I don't know enough to say anything either way about cricket, so i won't, but come on guys, just cuz you don't like baseball doesn't mean there's not a tremendous amount of skill involved.
              P.S.- that "wicked googly" commercial was hilarious

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Working...
              X