I need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help

So I found an internship for a TV/Website Cartoonist that I am interested in.

So my question is: What makes a good cover letter? I need one to send with my portfolio and resume.

I probably could have googled it, but I like to beat around the bush and get people I know-ish's opinion.

Well your cover letter could be all about how well you made a character Emancipator for your Bmania cartoon. You'd easily get the job.

Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

The cover should be a drawing of a cover letter that you drew.
      sigpic

Comment

Dammit you people aren't helping

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
          I really think your best bet would be go find cover letters on google. They also have sample cover letters on monster.com.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

You really thought you would get help here? Silly person.

DN is right. Lots of help on google. Here's one:

http://jobsearch.about.com/od/coverl.../aa030401a.htm
            Administrator
            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

dude, good luck!

that's all i got. . . .
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Cinny my heart!!! You just have to sell yourself, and if they are smart...they will fall in love with you!!!

Keep it professional, but let "you" shine through!!! Then send it to me so I can tell you if I approve or not!!! I promise to leave the romping sex novels out of it!!!

Love ya bunches and stuff...good luck!!!

Comment

Give reasons why you would be a good fit for the position, experiences you have in the profession, a little bit about yourself, where you go to college and related classes to the profession you have taken.

Put it in a solid 5 or so paragraphs separately and you should be bueno.

Or you could look at the example links given, im just going off of what my DECA teacher taught me

Comment

Make a comic Book called Scuba steve Diver dan, the double whammy action packed scuba divers.

Comment

I'll type up a quick example

Name
                      Address
                      City/State/Zip
                      Phone
                      Email (Try to keep the email address professional, make a new one if you have to, dont have one like [email protected] or something along those lines, very unattractive to people prospecting your letter)

Paragraph 1-State the position you want and why, include info you possibly have about the company you like. Give info on yourself and why you would be a good fit

Paragraph 2-Strengths in great detail.

Paragraph 3-Level of education in the career

Paragraph 4- Past experiences within the profession, maybe even include a work of yours along with the Resume, Application and Cover letter (to show youre for real)

Paragraph 5- Note the resume and other attachments, leave a number again (Even if you already did at the top) and show your eagerness for the position by saying something along the lines of "I would be more than happy to come by for an interview if given the opportunity, I look forward to discussing the matter at hand with you soon" or something like that.

Hope this helps, good luck man

Comment

I can't give you anythign real constructive, as I don't know what someone hiring an artist is really looking for....

I would put on your cover letter though....

"Will trade sex for this job"

No seriously, I would just be honest. Let them know about your work ethic, some of the things that make you a creative indivdual, how long you have been an artisit, and anything else worthwhile. Good luck
                        sigpic
                        The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                        Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

So I found an internship for a TV/Website Cartoonist that I am interested in.

So my question is: What makes a good cover letter? I need one to send with my portfolio and resume.

I probably could have googled it, but I like to beat around the bush and get people I know-ish's opinion.
                          Just popped in here for a bit, and was intrigued by your query. My take is this:

While I don’t have a clue as to what the nature of this website is, a good website, these days, should be on the cutting edge. If that is the case, go for broke. If more conventional, well…. you would have to tell me more.

If “conventional,” then do the usual (I guess) yada-yada. If more avant-garde, then….

Insert your natural creativity into the “cover letter.”

Cover Letters, in general, are ho-hum lock-step treatises, geared more for big-corp acceptance value and such. In corp terms, the cover letter is supposed to show that you are willing to play the game.

But, you are a freakin’ CARTOONIST, fer cripesakes!!!

Look, forget the damn “formal” style! (and this was hard for me to say, bein’ a conservative and all). Sell yourself in cartoon form!

Yes, I did not stutter!

Draw up a cover “letter,” which is a cartoon! The dialogue, in this case, is YOU. You will be the central character, “they” will be the forum to which you address (all in cartoon form). Lose the traditional verbal “cover letter,” in other words.

What do you have to lose?

If they don’t get it, you prolly don’t want ‘em.

If they DO get it, you may have just latched onto sumpin’ BIG!
                          Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Providing examples of your work in a portfolio would be absolutely perfect for a job like this. I was actually talked to by one of the heads of the graphics/web design department here and through my work on campus making signs for events and stuff, they actually offered me a position to work at the university. Just put some of your best work (not too much, but not too little) into a portfolio and show them what you can do.

As mentioned, try and make it look professional. Set yourself apart from the rest of the candidates. Explain why you'd be a great fit, your education/familiarity at hand, and why you're interested.

Best of luck man!

Comment

Working...
                            X